Live TV / Android TV

Spaceboy

pünktchen

And there is no button for either audio selection or sub selection on the OSD when you play that Live TV stream...?

I think the buttons are also there for @@Spaceboy but we cannot set the checkmark, there's not even a checkmark visible for the active stream.

Spaceboy

I think the buttons are also there for @@Spaceboy but we cannot set the checkmark, there's not even a checkmark visible for the active stream.

thats exactly it

Okay, then please play the item again and use the menu to try and switch audio and also turn on subs.  Then send the log.  Thx.

Spaceboy

done on two occasions. audio track change has no evidential effect but chosing subs brings up a message saying it may take a while and then it says cannot play this format, spinning circle....

Luke - I'm getting a "no compatible stream" error from the getPlaybackInfo call when he tries to select a subtitle...

did he disable any user access to transcoding?

Interesting...Spaceboy?

Also, Spaceboy, a new beta of the app will go up in a bit.  It won't fix anything, it will just put a few more debug messages for me in the log.  So, when you get it, if you could try your audio track switch again and then send the log, that would be great.

We are asking VLC to switch audio tracks and it just isn't doing it for some reason.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

No I have never changed any users access to transcoding. The recorded tv items are transcoding though?

Spaceboy

hmmm, trying to play live tv with the latest version completely crashes the app. just as the stream is about to start the spinning wheel stops and it tells me its crashed. i sent a couple of reports. it happens on all live tv channels

CBers

hmmm, trying to play live tv with the latest version completely crashes the app. just as the stream is about to start the spinning wheel stops and it tells me its crashed. i sent a couple of reports. it happens on all live tv channels

Still working here - currently watching the England v. Turkey game.

I have a HDHomeRun.

Spaceboy

on 92g i have lost any dd+ or dts audio unless i have downmix to stereo selected and hd live tv crashes the app.

hardware problem fixed, but still the same problem with hd live tv. audio plays but video doesnt start. spinning circle stops and if i press anything it tells me emby is not responding. i've sent you some reports. sd plays fine transcoding to vlc correct audio track

Edited by Spaceboy

Okay, so absolutely nothing having to do with actual playback changed from .91 to .92 so no idea what is going on there...

Are you not able to run the test for switching audio at this point?

Spaceboy

yes sd live tv channels play back fine, always have with vlc. although i see a checkmark in the audio selection menu i can't change it and enabling subs gets the cant play this format error. this is transcoding

logs sent.

just noticed playing back hd channels is now working too. i had a server update this am? i'm on the stable branch. anyway, no more crashes. some logs sent from hd channels too. cheers!

Okay, the problem is the index we have for the audio track from metadata is different from what VLC is using - but only in this particular case.  I tested re-arranging my audio tracks and putting sub tracks in front of them etc. and could not trip up the app.

So, I'm going to try some different things to see if I can find a way to properly discover the track to switch to in this case.

pünktchen

Okay, the problem is the index we have for the audio track from metadata is different from what VLC is using - but only in this particular case. I tested re-arranging my audio tracks and putting sub tracks in front of them etc. and could not trip up the app.

So, I'm going to try some different things to see if I can find a way to properly discover the track to switch to in this case.

I don't want to disappoint you but i don't think that's the real problem. I also can't change the audio track on channels that never have a subtitle stream! And remember it is working with the mobile app for me.

I've also send you a log right now: AFTV 1.1.93a Enrico

Spaceboy

i'm still having certain hd channels bringing the whole app to a freeze where the only way out is to close the app. i keep sending you the reports though.

i'm still having certain hd channels bringing the whole app to a freeze where the only way out is to close the app. i keep sending you the reports though.

How are you sending the log if the app freezes?

I don't want to disappoint you but i don't think that's the real problem. I also can't change the audio track on channels that never have a subtitle stream! And remember it is working with the mobile app for me.

I've also send you a log right now: AFTV 1.1.93a Enrico

I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

Spaceboy

well i say lets try anything!!

when the app locks up it asks me if i want to close it wait or send the developer a report. if i chose the latter it actually brings up an email type thing which i can send. i'm guessing you are not getting them then? i thought from our very early conversation around the np that they did get to you some how?

Oh, okay.  That's actually a Google report as opposed to my app log reporting.  I have not found a way to get much useful information from those unfortunately.

Try your audio track selection on .94 (and the proper audio track should be selected at the start).

Spaceboy

sorry its not better news

on .94. bbc1 hd starts but its playing the second NAR audio stream. no check in either box, audio track doesnt seem to change. log sent for that

itv hd audio starts but video does not, the wheel is left on the screen. even without touching anything within a minute the not responding box pops up and i have to force stop the app. bbc2 hd the same

all sd channels start and audio seems correct but some of the aspect ratios are wrong, mostly squashed to less than 4:3. but i also had one sd channel lock up the app too.

i havent seen the app lock up like this until the last two versions. everything is working in the web client and mostly in ET/

pünktchen

Similiar problems for me with 1.1.94a.

HD channels play with audio only and black video with a frozen spinning circle. If i try to back out of the stream the app locks with a grey screen.

SD channels are always transcoding now even when there's no subtitle or secondary audio stream. But this also happens with recently beta versions of the mobile app and i will start a new thread for the SD transcoding problem.

I'm just concentrating on the track selection right now because the other issues appear to be within the player.

Try .95 when you get it.

Spaceboy

success! hd channels are starting and playing direct to vlc. the stream starts with the proper audio track. the osd shows mp2 stereo which is the format of the NAR track and the audio selection is the same. but i tuned to the same channel in the web client, changed to the NAR stream and listened. the receiver also indicates its getting DD. only problem is there is a 2s audio delay on all channels and it doesn't seem to stick?

everything else as previous. logs?

pünktchen

Can't make a clear statement yet. Amazon website and app details are showing 1.1.95a, but the in app settings shows 1.1.94a  :unsure:  Even after reinstall...