Live TV / Android TV

Spaceboy

CBers

sorry its not better news

on .94. bbc1 hd starts but its playing the second NAR audio stream. no check in either box, audio track doesnt seem to change. log sent for that

itv hd audio starts but video does not, the wheel is left on the screen. even without touching anything within a minute the not responding box pops up and i have to force stop the app. bbc2 hd the same

all sd channels start and audio seems correct but some of the aspect ratios are wrong, mostly squashed to less than 4:3. but i also had one sd channel lock up the app too.

i havent seen the app lock up like this until the last two versions. everything is working in the web client and mostly in ET/

I'm using a HDHomeRun device, but I haven't had any issues Direct Streaming my OTA channels via Emby.

I haven't tried the audio streams option in the app, but I will check later.

Spaceboy

I'm using a HDHomeRun device, but I haven't had any issues Direct Streaming my OTA channels via Emby.

I haven't tried the audio streams option in the app, but I will check later.

this is affecting every external provider but not Emby tv. it has always been this way unfortunately

Edited by Spaceboy

CBers

this is affecting every external provider but not Emby tv. it has always been this way unfortunately

HDHomerun ??

You're in the UK aren't you ??

Spaceboy

i am in the uk but i use dvbs2 cards and dvblink to receive my sky sub, always have.

actually picked up a couple of hdhomeruns the other day and finally got a dvbt aerial up last night and while short term i may end up using them with embytv to appease the significant other, longer term i will add these to dvblink as network devices.

CBers

i am in the uk but i use dvbs2 cards and dvblink to receive my sky sub, always have.

actually picked up a couple of hdhomeruns the other day and finally got a dvbt aerial up last night and while short term i may end up using them with embytv to appease the significant other, longer term i will add these to dvblink as network devices.

OK, so we're not using the same hardware/backend then  :)

You "picked up a couple of hdhomeruns" ?? Did you get them cheap then ??

The one I got, the HDHomeRun Connect, was £100 from Amazon.

Spaceboy

no, not the same.

no not cheap, same price same vendor, but a couple of weeks ago i was losing heart about progress with non-emby tv backends so i splashed out. @@ebr has made very good progress since then though so i'm optimistic.

just need something working out for watching in progress recordings and then we are pretty much there with live tv i think. although it should not be underestimated how important this final step is. if i have to explain to my partner why she can't watch her favourite soap until its finished recording one more time then one of us may end up dead. me probably.

Spaceboy

not for now, as embytv matures possibly. dvblink (apart from its not wanting to play nice with emby) is very stable. even though through catch up it is almost impossible to miss an episode of the g/f's tv she won't accept any outage. everything is compared to using sky natively which obviously works every time.

here's the funny bit. i don't use any of the emby clients as to date none of them have handled live tv well. i say none, there's only really two options android tv and ET. ET still suffers from numerous problems that make it WAF incompatible for now, most notably regular no video and the fact that it cannot stay full screen when switching inputs on the tv. I use kodi with emby for kodi because it works perfectly with live tv. emby for kodi unfortunately breaks regularly which is why i'm pushing so hard for an android client. i just want to watch tv!!

longer term i hope emby bring tv tuner cards into native emby tv but i can't see them adding support for oscam so i'll still have to use dvblink to cover that aspect. allowing both native and external services and merging channels would be ideal for me. but as i don't see that happening any time soon i will use dvblink for that and just present one unified tv service to emby

CBers

I use my HDHomeRun in the Android TV client (Shield TV, Nexus Player and Fire TV) and it functions OK.

I don't record much, but it works when I do :)

spencerisadog

I also use an HDHomeRun Extend with the Android TV client with no problems.  It records all of my (and more importantly, my wife's) shows and playback is seamless.  LiveTV still has some quirks, but it works nonetheless.

pünktchen

I'm just concentrating on the track selection right now because the other issues appear to be within the player.

Try .95 when you get it.

Changing audio streams while direct playing live tv is working now with 1.1.95 on the AFTV!!!

But the checkmark is still not visible for audio while direct playing. It's always visible for subtitles and for audio while transcoding live tv.

Spaceboy

i couldnt see any change in audio streams, i'll try the ftv tonight. what do you see on the OSD? is that correct? ultimately i look at the AVR

pünktchen

i couldnt see any change in audio streams, i'll try the ftv tonight. what do you see on the OSD? is that correct? ultimately i look at the AVR

I also can't see the change, but i hear the difference between german and english [emoji1]

But the checkmark is still not visible for audio while direct playing. It's always visible for subtitles and for audio while transcoding live tv.

I think I have this fixed for the next beta.  I'll need you guys to test because I don't have any media that fits the same criteria as y'alls streams.

Just waiting on an answer from Luke before pushing another beta but should be later today.

pünktchen

I think I have this fixed for the next beta.  I'll need you guys to test because I don't have any media that fits the same criteria as y'alls streams.

Just waiting on an answer from Luke before pushing another beta but should be later today.

Although Amazon already list 1.1.96a their server still holds 1.1.95a... But i'm positive that you've fixed the checkmarks ;)

So after the audio problem is fixed what comes next? You guess it: subtitles! I've send you app logs (Enrico) right now with these testing:

Test 1:

user playback settings -> always show subtitles

app settings -> direct play live tv "on"

live tv gets transcoded (expected) -> subtitles are showing, but osd shows checkmark at subtitles "none"

Test 2:

user playback settings -> only forced subtitles subtitles

app settings -> direct play live tv "off"

live tv gets transcoded (expected) -> enable subtitles via osd results in a loop of ffmpeg (start/stop)

Test 3:

user playback settings -> only forced subtitles subtitles

app settings -> direct play live tv "on"

live tv direct plays -> enable subtitles via osd results in frozen stream with spinning circle

No problems with the mobile app.

Did you send app logs for each of those tests individually as well?

Spaceboy

definitely getting there, playback of all channels works, the right audio stream is picked and i can change audio stream but the OSD only ever shows the format of the NAR track, it always says MP2 Stereo whereas it should be DD. i also still have no checkmarks but the change works. 2 sec delay in audio i still there and i subs end the stream.

what can i provide logs for?

pünktchen

Did you send app logs for each of those tests individually as well?

No sorry [emoji17] One log for all. Should i do it again?

pünktchen

definitely getting there, playback of all channels works, the right audio stream is picked and i can change audio stream but the OSD only ever shows the format of the NAR track, it always says MP2 Stereo whereas it should be DD. i also still have no checkmarks but the change works. 2 sec delay in audio i still there and i subs end the stream.

what can i provide logs for?

App OSD or your amplifier? For the moment we should concentrate on the app i think.

Spaceboy

the amp is saying DD so the app is providing the correct stream, just the app OSD doesn't seem to know it

• Like 1

pünktchen

Had a chance to test 1.1.96 on the AFTV now. Also for me still no checkmarks [emoji25]

@@Spaceboy when the app direct plays, the OSD shows the media info that is delivered by your DVBLink tv plugin.

Maybe there's a problem. You should check your server log for this!

Spaceboy

we still might be talking about slightly different things. in the audio selection menu it lists the DD ENG and the MP2 NAR track. but when live tv is playing and you press a button, when the OSD comes up it shows MP2 stereo on the bottom left next to the channel name. its not really a problem just needs fixing at some point

Spaceboy

also, i note that i do have a checkmark on sd live tv audio selection, but not with hd channels.

i've sent some logs hopefully showing the audio delay