186 replies to this topic

#141 ddurdle OFFLINE  

ddurdle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Local time: 04:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

@ddurdle realy realy great. I'm trying to make something else. I push my records to gdrive on Linux with rsync. Now I want to get the streamlink for that file so that I can write the strm file for that. I only need the link working for 12h because I use ffmpeg to convert everything over night.

My problem is that I can't get the streamlink for the file in a bash script. I tried your script but also I read the readme and try to copy the config file from your gdrive add-on on kodi I also lost how to do. Do you have a simple way to get the streamlink in a Linux bash script? That would be great.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Does it have to be bash?  Could I provide you a python or perl script?  I have a slew of python and perl scripts I use to automate things in Google Drive, and I actually have a need to download transcoded versions of the video using the streamlink url, so I was planning to spend some mins when I have free time to throw together a simple function either in python or perl that can be called from a script to do precisely this.

#142 bgx OFFLINE  

bgx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 AM
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

@ddurdle Hey, really great. I think perl or bash is going also because I can run it from bash ;-)

At the moment I've another problem. I only had 10mbps upload line. I want to start the upload to cloud just in time, means the source file is not finished and in write. Do you have an idea how I can acomplished this? I tryed a lot things from linux gdrive, ocamlfuse, rclone ... but I couldn't get it to work. I think I must do it with a pipe or something. Or can I write the strm and I can use it before the upload to cloud is finished?

I think I will pm you...

Realy thanks for your help and keep up the good work :-)

#143 drikosv8 OFFLINE  

drikosv8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 AM
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

+1

#144 ddurdle OFFLINE  

ddurdle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

I have a hosted Emby instance running in the cloud (for about the past 3 weeks) only hosting test files from Google Drive, as proof-of-concept.  Anyone interested in testing it, PM me your Emby Connect email address and I will send you an invite.  I'm also allowing users to tie in their own Google Drive content for testing.

I have transcoding turned off, but my test media I've loaded are all streamable HLS content.  Once the user kicks off something to playback, the user is redirected to Google Drive streaming service, so it is "always fast" regardless where you are located, since the content is delivered through your closest geographical Google region data center.

There are only issues with subtitles (it works but may have issues on Smart TVs).  Plus I'm relying on open subtitles fetch and not supporting pulling supplied subtitles from the Google Drive (if provided) -- I am working on changing this to pull subtitles when available from Google Drive.

Most users, when they start loading their own content, start running into playback issues because they tend to have media files not designed for streaming.  I'm looking at options to incorporate Google transcoding.  If you are running off a private Emby server that can do transcoding, you can enable emby transcoding and that will resolve this issue for you, but then you lose the benefit of the stream being sent direct to the user through Google.

Edited by ddurdle, 08 March 2018 - 10:23 AM.

• Cosmic and birne like this

#145 drikosv8 OFFLINE  

drikosv8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

I have a hosted Emby instance running in the cloud (for about the past 3 weeks) only hosting test files from Google Drive, as proof-of-concept. Anyone interested in testing it, PM me your Emby Connect email address and I will send you an invite. I'm also allowing users to tie in their own Google Drive content for testing.

I have transcoding turned off, but my test media I've loaded are all streamable HLS content. Once the user kicks off something to playback, the user is redirected to Google Drive streaming service, so it is "always fast" regardless where you are located, since the content is delivered through your closest geographical Google region data center.

There are only issues with subtitles (it works but may have issues on Smart TVs). Plus I'm relying on open subtitles fetch and not supporting pulling supplied subtitles from the Google Drive (if provided) -- I am working on changing this to pull subtitles when available from Google Drive.

Most users, when they start loading their own content, start running into playback issues because they tend to have media files not designed for streaming. I'm looking at options to incorporate Google transcoding. If you are running off a private Emby server that can do transcoding, you can enable emby transcoding and that will resolve this issue for you, but then you lose the benefit of the stream being sent direct to the user through Google.

@ddurdle

My emby connect is drikosv8

Tks my friend

#146 Gaspar Filmes OFFLINE  

Gaspar Filmes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Upvote

#147 beljim OFFLINE  

beljim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

Another upvote. I've been waiting years for this. Hopefully this years the year :P

#148 drikosv8 OFFLINE  

drikosv8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

+1

#149 gsites OFFLINE  

gsites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

@Luke

Any forecast of the emby working directly on CLOUD, without needing LOCAL computer?

#150 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142432 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

It's something we'd like to add in the future, thanks.

#151 jaketame OFFLINE  

jaketame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:25 AM

I would like to help test this solution out... Let me know where to go to get the ball rolling...

#152 gsites OFFLINE  

gsites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

+1

#153 gukku168 OFFLINE  

gukku168

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 PM

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

+1

#154 lepitismak OFFLINE  

lepitismak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:29 AM

any news about that?

#155 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142432 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 AM

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

It's a possibility for the future. Thanks.

#156 mrmachine OFFLINE  

mrmachine

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 PM

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

Please implement this. Plex Cloud did it and was the *only* setup I have found that allows me access to my content from multiple locations and able to successfully stream high bitrate (65Mbps HDR) without any buffering. Google Drive File Stream and rclone mount (with/without cache), plexdrive, locally or on VPS even with 80Mbps+ speed test to home, all buffer.

• mauriciomaurente likes this

#157 ddurdle OFFLINE  

ddurdle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

Please implement this. Plex Cloud did it and was the *only* setup I have found that allows me access to my content from multiple locations and able to successfully stream high bitrate (65Mbps HDR) without any buffering. Google Drive File Stream and rclone mount (with/without cache), plexdrive, locally or on VPS even with 80Mbps+ speed test to home, all buffer.

That's why I came up with Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream.  Streaming some really hard-core 4K HDR with bit rates > 100Mbps without buffering and caching.

• birne likes this

#158 jaketame OFFLINE  

jaketame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 AM

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

That's why I came up with Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream.  Streaming some really hard-core 4K HDR with bit rates > 100Mbps without buffering and caching.

Hows the development going? I just had a brief look at github and seem to be some movement for non existing users?

#159 BarryAmerika OFFLINE  

BarryAmerika

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 109 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

I'm a non existing user and was able to install and use it. I think the only thing I had to do that I didn't see mentioned was install Python 2.7 and of course change permissions, executable and read write for directories to save STRM files and logs if used. It really is quite amazing to me.

#160 ddurdle OFFLINE  

ddurdle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

I'm a non existing user and was able to install and use it. I think the only thing I had to do that I didn't see mentioned was install Python 2.7 and of course change permissions, executable and read write for directories to save STRM files and logs if used. It really is quite amazing to me.

It helps to make the STRM folder group owner emby with read-write permissions to group emby.  This way you can also have emby save nfo and artwork in the STRM folders.

• BarryAmerika likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, drive, strm, kodi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users