Lost me at Premium

mhariush

xnappo

It is better to have a single place for people to express their opinions on this.

There are a lot of free options available by the way :D

• Like 1

puithove

I don't want to pay because I could use that money to buy a week's worth of Starbucks drinks.  Are there any free options available?

squirrellydw

Wow, you people are cheap.  Everyone wants everything for free now a days. I paid $100 for Plex Pass and I will Pay $100 for Emby.  Support the Devs guys, they deserve it.

• Like 4

axehandler

I made the decision I had been using this software for a bit with my MCE and just got a Nvidia Shield TV.

Since I can use this now on My Iphone, Xbox, MCE, back Computer (Theater) and The Shield.. 

Other then Wanting TV to work better (Seriously where is Time shifting?) on the Shield. This works fine everywhere :)

So.. I got the lifetime subscription to support these guys.

I mean there is SOOO many devices this can be used on and getting better and Better, I honestly decided to support them.

Axe
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
canachi

Still no option to only use the new ET?

You guys are missing a good opportunity. I was checking this game at Steam (ARK), the developers made it available as an early access before even being in beta at a low price.

The business model has been a success.

Regards.  

AgileHumor

There is no "opportunity" for those unwilling to pay

Your free (pun intended) to use an awesome server and web browser client for just about every platform (including Windows PC). 

However, I really like that supporters get things ahead of the rest of users...it's part of what makes Emby Premiere so cool.

canachi

I should've been more specific:

Still no paid option to use only the new ET?

@@AgileHumor. Emby theater developers are missing a good opportunity to get money for their work. I don't find Emby Premiere cool at all.

Regards.

Lawrage

I should've been more specific:

Still no paid option to use only the new ET?

@@AgileHumor. Emby theater developers are missing a good opportunity to get money for their work. I don't find Emby Premiere cool at all.

Regards.

Want some free options, the old ET app, the WMC one, Kodi with the Emby plugin or the web app - all are free and currently more feature rich anyway.

If you want really really free browse your folder structure and double click on the file and watch it.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Want some free options, the old ET app, the WMC one, Kodi with the Emby plugin or the web app - all are free and currently more feature rich anyway.

If you want really really free browse your folder structure and double click on the file and watch it.

That's the second time @@canachi has clearly posted that he wants a "paid" option for ET only - he's not asking for anything for free.

• Like 1

xjedininja

Mark me down for ET paid option, until then I will stick to the free version. For me Emby is a distant second to Netflix. I can't justify the price of Premiere when ET is the only thing I'm interested in and then only for a handful of new shows I buy on Blu ray and my old media collection that I very rarely watch.

For the price of Premiere I could buy a Roku Fire TV etc. and the Emby app for it. I don't mind supporting devs, but it has to be at a fair price and for my needs you don't seem to have that option currently.

epayson85

Guys, Luke has explained this time and time again. Theater is still in beta. The beta version is available to premiere members as a thank you / privilege / early access what ever you want to call it. No different than when you pre-pay for a game and get early beta access. When it's complete I'm sure something will be offered but honestly... it's $100!!! Look at all the work they have done on the server and apps. Look at how responsive they are to our problems and our requests! The IT team at my work doesn't respond as fast as these guys do! Pony up and support them. I have purchased one lifetime for my parents sever and continue to pay $5 each month for my server.

• Like 1

JERRY1

When i first change over to emby from mb, premiere weren't around ,luke,ebr,happy2play & others

provided great support for me back then.When premiere came out i went lifetime knowing the excellent

support i receive in the past will still be there.Few weeks ago luke again held my hand through a process, keep up the great work guys & thanks again for everything.

• Like 2

Deathsquirrel

Guys, Luke has explained this time and time again. Theater is still in beta.

Well that's out.  He just posted that it's not a beta in another thread.  ;)

It's my regular emby client at this point and it's working well.  Not surprised he's not thinking of it as a beta any more.

swhitmore

Yeah, it's definitely stable enough to be considered a release product. It's still missing a few 'nice to have' features, but nothing deal breaking.

Well worth the price of premium imo.

epayson85

I def. Still see it as beta lol if you use it for just movies / tv series sure. It's pretty great. Would still want to see some more features / hopefully some folks get into theme design but otherwise a complete product.

Live TV on the other hand it's missing a lot of functionality. Especially if you have cable TV / a lot of channels. The Tv guide isnt even useable if you have a lot of channels. I'm not scrolling through 200+ channels Everytime I open the guide. Don't get me wrong, it's come a long way. I can tell the direction they are going and it's the right one. But for me it just runs on my test machine only. Theater was not a reason to get premiere though despite my hope that I eventually switch over to it.

xjedininja

Premiere still seems like a lot to me when I spend 95% of my time on Netflix. I can also purchase the Emby apps on other platforms for what $5? All I'm looking for is a reasonably priced pc app.

Also keep in mind $100 is not necessarily the same for everyone and with the free options available it's a bit much to ask casual users for a prettier interface.

I understand Premiere has it's privileges including early access, as it should, but for me and apparently a few others the value just isn't there.

swhitmore

I understand Premiere has it's privileges including early access, as it should, but for me and apparently a few others the value just isn't there.

The devs haven mentioned a few times about the possibility of a once-off payment for Emby Theatre. It might be best to request that and see how you go.

Guys - as mentioned previously - as well as the incomplete status of some features, there are other things that have to happen before we could offer Theater as some sort of single-payment option.

Apps on the other devices all have built-in marketplaces that allow us to sell individual apps (at great cost to us, actually but it is already there).  No such marketplace exists for Theater.  Before you spit out "Windows Store" realize that this is not a Windows app and cannot be sold in that marketplace.

So, offering this option requires us to actually build a marketplace to sell it in and the mechanisms for executing and validating that purchase.   At this point in time, we have chosen to continue to focus on building the actual functionality instead of a way to sell it.

• Like 7

tvj28

Yeah, it's definitely stable enough to be considered a release product. It's still missing a few 'nice to have' features, but nothing deal breaking.

Well worth the price of premium imo.

Well, besides the fact you can't even access all of your movies in a large library (bug restricting to 2500); that to me is deal breaking and i would happily buy lifetime premiere to just use server and ET.  In a media center product surely this should be very high on the priority fix list!

the1legend

Well, besides the fact you can't even access all of your movies in a large library (bug restricting to 2500); that to me is deal breaking and i would happily buy lifetime premiere to just use server and ET.  In a media center product surely this should be very high on the priority fix list!

Not to highjack a thread but is that why I can't scroll past the letter M in my Movie view, Luke never gave a reason why I was having this issue (and the bug is still present).

• 1 month later...

I've been using media browser for a while five or six years, If it was just a matter of 99 dollars for the software I wouldn't have a issue with it, paid several hundred for a couple software titles I have. The problem I have is I donated to the project then purchased a few premium plugins and a few themes then I donated again "MB3/emby". When I added up what I spent already it was some where around ninety dollars. Now to keep this software working and have new features they the "emby developers want more money". another 99 dollars. It just makes me wonder when the next **cough** premium feature will be released that again not be included in what we already paid into this and again be asked for more money

Thanks

I've been using media browser for a while five or six years, If it was just a matter of 99 dollars for the software I wouldn't have a issue with it, paid several hundred for a couple software titles I have. The problem I have is I donated to the project then purchased a few premium plugins and a few themes then I donated again "MB3/emby". When I added up what I spent already it was some where around ninety dollars. Now to keep this software working and have new features they the "emby developers want more money". another 99 dollars. It just makes me wonder when the next **cough** premium feature will be released that again not be included in what we already paid into this and again be asked for more money

Thanks

It sounds like you may already have Emby Premiere. A Media Browser 3 Supporter is the same thing as Emby Premiere, just renamed. Nobody was ever asked to re-purchase anything.

Darrell262

Lifetime Term: Lifetime shall mean the current major version of the Emby server software or twenty-four months, whichever is longer.  (E.g.  The Emby server software is currently at version 3.XXXX. A lifetime subscription shall be valid until Emby server software reaches version 4.XXX or twenty-four months, whichever occurs later.)

So I read this on TOS. That doesn't sound very lifetime to me. 99$ sounds like 2 year term.

Well. I was thinking about it, but I am not paying 99 for a 'lifetime' of 2 years term. Wow.

Deathsquirrel

Lifetime Term: Lifetime shall mean the current major version of the Emby server software or twenty-four months, whichever is longer.  (E.g.  The Emby server software is currently at version 3.XXXX. A lifetime subscription shall be valid until Emby server software reaches version 4.XXX or twenty-four months, whichever occurs later.)

So I read this on TOS. That doesn't sound very lifetime to me. 99$ sounds like 2 year term.

Well. I was thinking about it, but I am not paying 99 for a 'lifetime' of 2 years term. Wow.

You're buying a license for the lifetime of the 3.x product AND, should this happen in the next two years, the 4.x product as well.  Up to you whether or not that's worth the cost but I sure think, it is.  It's also $50 less than a comparable plex pass the last time I checked.

Edited by Deathsquirrel
  • Like 3