Raspberry Pi

Luke

Raspi2 Server

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

Just make sure you disable the GUI upon startup. Otherwise you are going to be wasting precious RAM on the GUI when you don't need to.

ChunkyKev

Everything working like a charm now.  I am using it to replace my old RPi with Minidlna on it, so hope this will make everything better.  One question, I use Samba from my Windows PC to upload files to the HDD on my RPi, how can I do this on my Emby, do I need to setup Samba and/orFTP seperately or is there a way to do it in through Emby?

djonnie

Everything working like a charm now.  I am using it to replace my old RPi with Minidlna on it, so hope this will make everything better.  One question, I use Samba from my Windows PC to upload files to the HDD on my RPi, how can I do this on my Emby, do I need to setup Samba and/orFTP seperately or is there a way to do it in through Emby?

You can setup Samba sharing, but if you only need to place files on your raspberry (or the HDD connected to your raspberry) you can use WinSCP on your Windows computer which is free

https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Edited by djonnie

ChunkyKev

Hi djonnie, thanks for reply, got it working through FTP.  Do seem to still have a problem with Emby restarting after server reboot or shutdown.  I did as Raspi2 Server suggested and as per your 3rd step, but when I reboot Emby doesnt seem to start up.  Any ideas?

ChunkyKev

As Raspberry Pi has limited space is it best to configure things to save Metadata to Hard Drive where videos etc are stored?  Anyone got any advice on best setup and best way to run Emby Add-on for Kodi?

djonnie

As Raspberry Pi has limited space is it best to configure things to save Metadata to Hard Drive where videos etc are stored?  Anyone got any advice on best setup and best way to run Emby Add-on for Kodi?

I changed the location for Metadata and Cache to the external HDD where my media is stored on, in the root I created directories for Cache, Metadata, Movies, Music

I'm having difficulty updating emby - I installed via the repo but when I try to update I'm getting the following:

root@osmc:/home/osmc# apt-get install emby-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  apt-transport-https armv7-libafpclient-osmc libbluray1 libflac8 rbp2-image-4.4.0-1-osmc
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
Recommended packages:
  libembymagickwand-6.q8-2
The following packages will be upgraded:
  emby-server
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 37 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/11.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 2,721 kB of additional disk space will be used.
 /var/cache/apt/archives/emby-server_3.0.5911_all.debed error exit status 127ee_kbytes: not found /v
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any ideas?

Iorifly

Can anyone tell me the root password?

forget, you do not need! Just use the user "Pi"

Edited by Iorifly

Iorifly

I can not enter a network path. Can someone help me ?

path used: \\ 10.1.0.1 \ Disk_0_0 \ Series \

Edited by Iorifly

Iorifly
Need help!

I did my procedure, I have Emby running my raspberry.

I inserted my HDexterno of 4TB, I set it correctly, however when trying to run anything on it kodi get error stating that the file is not available.

For kodi (on another PC on the network) can read HD movies in this rapsberry, you need to install samba, right?

Edited by Iorifly

Iorifly
I installed SAMBA, I can not access the windows .....

However the problem is that the path that appears in kodi is:

/mnt/Seriados/XXXXXXXXXXXX.mkv

However the actual path of the file is:

\\ 10.1.0.1 \ Disk_0_0 \ Series \ Almost Human \

_________________________________________________________________________________---

If I try to set the destination to the following address Emby nothing happens:

\\10.1.0.37\share\Movies

Note .: Samba up and running ... Access for Windows shared folder ....

Edited by Iorifly

Iorifly

Friends, I need help ... I do not know what to do. I stopped in and parted running on kodi. If someone has to help me be grateful!

I installed SAMBA, I can not access the windows .....
  However the problem is that the path that appears in kodi is:

/mnt/Seriados/XXXXXXXXXXXX.mkv

However the actual path of the file is:

\\ 10.1.0.1 \ Disk_0_0 \ Series \ Almost Human \

_________________________________________________________________________________---

If I try to set the destination to the following address Emby nothing happens:

\\10.1.0.37\share\Movies

Note .: Samba up and running ... Access for Windows shared folder ....

You need to mount it to a local share then Emby server will be able to see it.

Iorifly
Luke,

the problem that when I run kodi, on another PC, the caminhho that appearing for the film is;

/ Mnt / ........

Certainly will not work ... I understand what needs to be

10.1.0.37 / ...............

ChunkyKev

Well,  after being away for a while came back and hoping all was good found that EmbY Server had stopped, restarted it nad over last day and a hlaf I have had to restart it sevreral times.  It seems to be struggling with scanning perhaps.  I do have quite a few movies, songs and pictures on it.  Is this an issue, will it settle after everything has been scanned.  If I move the location of metadata and cahce will this resolve it?  Any thoughts or advice/suggestions.

ChunkyKev

Just changed settings to move Meta Data and Cache to USB Hard Drive along with files.  Will it move existing images and data, or do I need to delete old ones and rescan libraries?

Also trying to view some video files on my PC through browser and it wont play avi or mkv files?  Is there anything I can do other than change the file types?

Iorifly
Friends,
   Everything working. I went to sleep and upon waking found that Emby had stopped responding. Anyone know how to find out what is happening?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone know how do I mount the path at startup?

I tried to insert a line in the fstab, however my raspberry does not restart more.

\\10.1.0.31\Public\WWW\TR-Downloads\Filmes /mnt/FilmesHD3tb/ auto,user,umask=000  0  0

\\10.1.0.1\Disk_0_0\Seriados /mnt/Seriados/ auto,user,umask=000  0  0

Edited by Iorifly