Raspberry Pi

Luke

Raspi2 Server

Also

Access to the path "/mnt/emby_disk/transcoding-temp" is denied.
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException

That's something you'll need to fix. That's emby server trying to write to a path and getting denied by your OS.

I guess I had the /mnt/emby_disk path as the transcoding path in the Playback settings of the dashboard. I removed it and rebooted the pi. I still can't transcode files so they can be played through the web interface. I looked at the log and I couldn't find the "Access to the path "/mnt/emby_disk/transcoding-temp" is denied. System.UnauthorizedAccessEsception" error. Here is the latest error from my log file:

2016-04-14 04:25:59.3838 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.0.5912.0	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh	Operating system: Unix 4.1.19.7	Processor count: 4	64-Bit OS: False	64-Bit Process: False	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server	Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 05:10:20 UTC 2015)	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe	User not found	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException	  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Get (MediaBrowser.Api.GetOfflineUser request) <0x7190a800 + 0x000b0> in <filename unknown>:0 	  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object)	  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1[TRequest].Execute (IRequest request, System.Object instance, ServiceStack.Host.TRequest requestDto) <0x702bf548 + 0x002b3> in <filename unknown>:0 	2016-04-14 04:25:59.4204 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/0fe7377239ea49a3828454eb3a11c620/Offline?format=json	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.0.5912.0	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh	Operating system: Unix 4.1.19.7	Processor count: 4	64-Bit OS: False	64-Bit Process: False	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server	Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 05:10:20 UTC 2015)	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe	User not found	ServiceStack.HttpError	No Stack Trace Available	2016-04-14 04:25:59.5644 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.33.200. Time: 409ms. http://192.168.33.102:8096/emby/Users/0fe7377239ea49a3828454eb3a11c620/Offline?format=json2016-04-14 04:25:59.6530 Info TaskManager: Convert media Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds2016-04-14 04:25:59.6720 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks2016-04-14 04:26:11.4426 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.0.5912.0	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh	Operating system: Unix 4.1.19.7	Processor count: 4	64-Bit OS: False	64-Bit Process: False	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server	Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 05:10:20 UTC 2015)	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe	User not found	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException	  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Get (MediaBrowser.Api.GetOfflineUser request) <0x7190a800 + 0x000b0> in <filename unknown>:0 	  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object)	  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1[TRequest].Execute (IRequest request, System.Object instance, ServiceStack.Host.TRequest requestDto) <0x702bf548 + 0x002b3> in <filename unknown>:0 	2016-04-14 04:26:11.4436 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/c66dba0ae959443781fff9be3c99b369/Offline?format=json	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.0.5912.0	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh	Operating system: Unix 4.1.19.7	Processor count: 4	64-Bit OS: False	64-Bit Process: False	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server	Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 05:10:20 UTC 2015)	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe	User not found	ServiceStack.HttpError	No Stack Trace Available

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
ballos

I have similar problem.

I installed emby with the tutorial and everthing works fine.

But I only can watch *.mp4 files. If I try other files I got a error message.

I attached the both logfiles I get when I tried to start a movie.

I hope anybody can help me.

I also got emby on pc and there it works, but on raspberry I got the error.

server-63597178526.txt

remux-87fcc359-627b-4964-8654-2d6c5f170062.txt

Edited by ballos

I have similar problem.

I installed emby with the tutorial and everthing works fine.

But I only can watch *.mp4 files. If I try other files I got a error message.

I attached the both logfiles I get when I tried to start a movie.

I hope anybody can help me.

I also got emby on pc and there it works, but on raspberry I got the error.

Your ffmpeg is missing libmp3lame

Iorifly

I need help from you, someone can build their network drives from the start?

I've tried the following commands and the command "sudo mout -a" it is always necessary

\\10.1.0.1\Disk_0_0\Seriados  /mnt/Seriados cifs  auto,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

\\10.1.0.31\Public\WWW\TR-Downloads\Filmes  /mnt/FilmesHD3tb cifs  auto,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
------------------------------------------

\\10.1.0.1\Disk_0_0\Seriados  /mnt/Seriados cifs  noauto,systemd.automount,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

\\10.1.0.31\Public\WWW\TR-Downloads\Filmes  /mnt/FilmesHD3tb cifs   noauto,systemd.automount,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

ballos

How do we include it into our ffmpeg?

So I fixed the problem.

I installed emby with this instruction: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27026-raspberry-pi/page-8&do=findComment&comment=310962

But at the point to compile ffmpeg, I used this instruction: https://www.assetbank.co.uk/support/documentation/install/ffmpeg-debian-squeeze/ffmpeg-debian-jessie/

I used the actual version of ffmpeg not the one in the instructions.

So at the moment I can stream every movie I have. But after an upgrade of emby you have to edit the /usr/bin/emby-server file every time.

And I got an other problem.

After every restart of emby or raspberry Pi I have to do an other library scan. It seems emby doesn't save the library. The scan take about one hour every time. 

Is there any solution for this problem ?

djonnie

After every restart of emby or raspberry Pi I have to do an other library scan. It seems emby doesn't save the library. The scan take about one hour every time. 

Yeah, it is weird. The last step of the instruction for installing Emby is:

in Emby Configuration add an "On application startup" trigger to the "Scan media library" task or you'll end up with an empty library after restarting Emby

That way it will automatically rescan your library.

ballos

Yeah, it is weird. The last step of the instruction for installing Emby is:

in Emby Configuration add an "On application startup" trigger to the "Scan media library" task or you'll end up with an empty library after restarting Emby

That way it will automatically rescan your library.

Thats right. But the scan take about one hour every time. Thats really hard because yesterday I discovered an other problem.

It seems that the emby-server process quits sometimes without any reason. I edited the movies and then I drove home. About one hour later after the last login to the webpage I wanted to watch a movie but the process was off. So I had to start the server manually and had to wait about one hour before I can watch a movie.

This morning the process doesnt worked again.

To solve this problem I created a script which look for the emby process and will start it if not found. But I think emby should run permanently, or ?

Is there any log where I can see why the process quits after some time ?

Edited by ballos

Raspi2 Server

So I fixed the problem.

I installed emby with this instruction: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27026-raspberry-pi/page-8&do=findComment&comment=310962

But at the point to compile ffmpeg, I used this instruction: https://www.assetbank.co.uk/support/documentation/install/ffmpeg-debian-squeeze/ffmpeg-debian-jessie/

I used the actual version of ffmpeg not the one in the instructions.

So at the moment I can stream every movie I have. But after an upgrade of emby you have to edit the /usr/bin/emby-server file every time.

And I got an other problem.

I took a fresh install of Jessie, updated it, and followed djonnie's

instructions up until "sudo git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264". Instead

of proceeding I used ballos guide from Assetbank. I got two errors which

are as follows:

The first error was after the first command from 4.3:

LD      libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libx264.a(common.o): relocation R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

/usr/local/lib/libx264.a: error adding symbols: Bad value

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

library.mak:111: recipe for target 'libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56' failed

make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56] Error 1

The second error was from 4.3 after "sudo make install":

/usr/local/lib/libx264.a: error adding symbols: Bad value

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

library.mak:111: recipe for target 'libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56' failed

make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56] Error 1

I continued through the Assetbank and djonnie's guide. After following Emby's

web wizard I tried to play an .avi video and I got the same error as before.

Below are the log files:

server-63598028134.txt

transcode-f4b87ee1-df2b-4a71-9957-849612415398.txt

server-63598037108.txt

Unrecognized option 'speed'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

Your ffmpeg build is either old or missing required features related to libvpx. Vpx is only used by firefox so try Chrome.

Raspi2 Server
Unrecognized option 'speed'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

Your ffmpeg build is either old or missing required features related to libvpx. Vpx is only used by firefox so try Chrome.

I'm not a fan of Chrome, but I'll try it. Also now the Android app won't work. I select the videos I use to be able to watch on my phone and it just shows me the "spinning" circle which eventually disappears and the app doesn't do anything. When I try to play audio files I see a notification on the notification bar pop up and then nothing happens.

Make sure to provide the same logging info as you did before. Chances are it's going to be the same thing, just more required ffmpeg features that are missing from your installation.

• 5 weeks later...
Fnordje

Hi,

I am trying to install Emby on Raspbian.

I had to enable the following repositories:

deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /

deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main

I've succeeded and it runs. Web interface is accessible.

However I was getting some odd errors:

/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libass.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

It is no wonder this cannot be found:

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libass.so.4&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

The current version is libass5. So I symlinked libass4 to 5:

sudo ln -s libass.so.5 libass.so.4

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     11 Jun  4 18:14 libass.so.4 -> libass.so.5

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Jun  3 19:59 libass.so.5 -> libass.so.5.0.0

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 104372 Jul  9  2014 libass.so.5.0.0

However:

1) I got no seeking

2) I got no subtitles

3) I cannot select audio stream

4) I appear to be getting only 14 FPS?

So on the top right I can only close the video, or select a different stream quality.

How can I fix this?

I'm compiling ffmpeg right now, perhaps that is going to solve some issues.

Btw when you start compiling try sudo make -j4 that should utilize all 4 CPU cores.

Hi,

I am trying to install Emby on Raspbian.

I had to enable the following repositories:

deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /

deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main

I've succeeded and it runs. Web interface is accessible.

However I was getting some odd errors:

/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libass.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

It is no wonder this cannot be found:

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libass.so.4&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

The current version is libass5. So I symlinked libass4 to 5:

sudo ln -s libass.so.5 libass.so.4

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     11 Jun  4 18:14 libass.so.4 -> libass.so.5

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Jun  3 19:59 libass.so.5 -> libass.so.5.0.0

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 104372 Jul  9  2014 libass.so.5.0.0

However:

1) I got no seeking

2) I got no subtitles

3) I cannot select audio stream

4) I appear to be getting only 14 FPS?

So on the top right I can only close the video, or select a different stream quality.

How can I fix this?

I'm compiling ffmpeg right now, perhaps that is going to solve some issues.

Btw when you start compiling try sudo make -j4 that should utilize all 4 CPU cores.

Hi there, welcome. Yes maybe your ffmpeg build will help. Let us know! 

Fnordje

Cheers :) its still compiling on two RPis (edit: its fixed on both, very quick). My project is to give my mother and mother-in-law both their own RPi which I can then feed data via rsync overnight from my own sources. They're both clueless when it comes to computers, so I need the user interaction to be as user-friendly as possible.

I wish I stumbled upon this thread or this howto (which sums up this thread) before because with DDG I didn't manage to find these before.

One question, how is ffmpeg compiling when I didn't get to install any -dev packages? Will it be complete enough? Is this ffmpeg build optimized for cortex-a8?

Also I'd like to state I'm using the RPi3 and it got onboard WiFi using SDIO (in my experience a nightmare). I recommend to use against it when you can. While compiling (I'm not cross compiling) I got DCs and such and the current it draws is not enough with the SSD connected to USB. The machine in its final situation will be using ethernet. I also got a 64 GB SD card instead of the 128 GB SSD perhaps I should be using that instead. 60 GB of data is more than enough. Another option could be one with the 128 GB SSD, one with the 64 GB SD. What are other people using?

Finally, how should I be utilising the RPis? Both will be near range of the primary TV which is going to be the main source (for one of the RPis I would like to have sometimes an iPad as client). If I connect it to HDMI to a TV (no smart TVs) what should I be using as client? Can I then somehow tell Emby to use HDMI as output? Or must I use Chrome/FF? Is it better performance to use a Chromecast instead? Again, how are other people doing this?

Edited by Fnordje

wisepass

Cheers :) its still compiling on two RPis (edit: its fixed on both, very quick). My project is to give my mother and mother-in-law both their own RPi which I can then feed data via rsync overnight from my own sources. They're both clueless when it comes to computers, so I need the user interaction to be as user-friendly as possible.

I wish I stumbled upon this thread or this howto (which sums up this thread) before because with DDG I didn't manage to find these before.

One question, how is ffmpeg compiling when I didn't get to install any -dev packages? Will it be complete enough? Is this ffmpeg build optimized for cortex-a8?

Also I'd like to state I'm using the RPi3 and it got onboard WiFi using SDIO (in my experience a nightmare). I recommend to use against it when you can. While compiling (I'm not cross compiling) I got DCs and such and the current it draws is not enough with the SSD connected to USB. The machine in its final situation will be using ethernet. I also got a 64 GB SD card instead of the 128 GB SSD perhaps I should be using that instead. 60 GB of data is more than enough. Another option could be one with the 128 GB SSD, one with the 64 GB SD. What are other people using?

Finally, how should I be utilising the RPis? Both will be near range of the primary TV which is going to be the main source (for one of the RPis I would like to have sometimes an iPad as client). If I connect it to HDMI to a TV (no smart TVs) what should I be using as client? Can I then somehow tell Emby to use HDMI as output? Or must I use Chrome/FF? Is it better performance to use a Chromecast instead? Again, how are other people doing this?

Hi all wondering if you can help - I've tried several methods (the blog above included, as well as others on the forum) to try and get emby up and running on a Pi3 but each time I end up with Emby running but if I connect through a browser (locally of from another PC) I get what looks like emby trying to start the wizard (I'm redirected to the ...wizard.html) but all I see is the central multicoloured circle spinning. I can see home etc and have tried several web bowsers but I'm not getting anything.

I've only really just started using Linux and I know I've probably done a complete NOOB error so apologies, but any help would be really appreciated.

server-63600924061.txt

Hi all wondering if you can help - I've tried several methods (the blog above included, as well as others on the forum) to try and get emby up and running on a Pi3 but each time I end up with Emby running but if I connect through a browser (locally of from another PC) I get what looks like emby trying to start the wizard (I'm redirected to the ...wizard.html) but all I see is the central multicoloured circle spinning. I can see home etc and have tried several web bowsers but I'm not getting anything.

I've only really just started using Linux and I know I've probably done a complete NOOB error so apologies, but any help would be really appreciated.

Server-side everything looks normal. I would ensure you're using an up to date browser. Firefox 35 should be fine, but i haven't tested it lately so it's always possible an issue has crept up on us.

wisepass

Server-side everything looks normal. I would ensure you're using an up to date browser. Firefox 35 should be fine, but i haven't tested it lately so it's always possible an issue has crept up on us.

I've tried an updated Chrome as well same result - Rasbian's included browser with latest version of Jessie has similar results too. Sarari on my phone is having a simialr issue with it - but each are fine with my Windows setup - I have windows PC running Emby Server as well, but I dont see how this should interfere.

I'm at a complete loss and it seems to happen what ever method I seem to use to install this on my Pi, I've tried various images of Jessie, same result. I was sure it was a NOOB error.

Edited by wisepass

Bloomer

I have a question regarding running Emby server on a Raspberrby Pi.  I want to use the Raspberry Pi in our cars along with a Hootoo wireless device and 2 TB SSD to stream movies to Apple Devices.  Will it work well with this setup? Any limitations/differences from my home Emby server?  How many devices would this possibly work with?  I have not played around with Raspberries before, I have with Adruino's, is setting this up difficult without much knowledge?  Most of my movies are MKV and MP4s.

Sorry for so many questions, I just wanted to ask before I purchases the items to find out it will not work as intended.