Raspberry Pi

Luke

Is this an error that can cause some trouble?

Warning: The home dir /usr/lib/emby-server you specified already exists.
Adding system user `emby' (UID 110) ...
Adding new user `emby' (UID 110) with group `emby' ...
The home directory `/usr/lib/emby-server' already exists.  Not copying from `/etc/skel'.
adduser: Warning: The home directory `/usr/lib/emby-server' does not belong to the user you are currently creating.

hurricanehrndz

The maintainers scripts in the stable package need to be update so that this error doesn't occur, I can't remember if it will cause errors. You can double check it out though by enusring that /etc/default/emby-server and /etc/emby-server don't actually reference /usr/lib/emby-server when setting the variable EMBY_DATA, it should actually be /var/lib/emby-server.

If /etc/default/emby-server is wrong

then in /etc/emby-server

just place EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby-server

This issue has been addressed in the beta and dev, I'm just waiting for user feedback to update the stable. I haven't gotten any though, so I might have to do the testing myself.

Edited by hurricanehrndz
  • Like 1

The /etc/emby-server.conf file already directs to the /var/lib directory

EMBY_USER="emby"
EMBY_BIN="/usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe"
EMBY_DATA="/var/lib/emby-server"
EMBY_PIDFILE="/var/run/emby-server.pid"

I also still experience the problems with the images. There are some images showing, but not all.

See the attached files.

Server-log.txt

post-77692-0-66067300-1447706063_thumb.jpg

Edited by frankp

ImageMagick is failing saying you have some bad files

Empty input file `/mnt/series/The Sopranos/landscape.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322
	ImageMagickSharp.WandException

Does anybody knows a solution for the images not showing?

hurricanehrndz

Supposedly the issue is with your image file, did you ensure you can actually view the image with another viewer and that it is not.corrupted or a symlink

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
hurricanehrndz

Its all the same changes across the board.

Makes it possible for people to have a little more freedom as to what packages they wanted installed along side emby.

Edited by hurricanehrndz

If i understand it right, i can replace imagemagick with new embymagick.

But i see in the status monitor under Ubuntu 14.04 the emby-server package is unresolvable. Does that mean no luck for now for the RPI?

Trying to update to emby-server 3.0.5781.5, but getting some errors.

Does anyone have an idea what's goiing on?

Preparing to unpack .../libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libembymagickcore-6.q8-2:armhf (8:6.9.2-8) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libMagickCore-6.Q8.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libmagickcore-6.q8-2:armhf 8:6.9.1-2
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Selecting previously unselected package libembymagickwand-6.q8-2:armhf.
Preparing to unpack .../libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libembymagickwand-6.q8-2:armhf (8:6.9.2-8) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libMagickWand-6.Q8.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libmagickwand-6.q8-2:armhf 8:6.9.1-2
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to unpack .../emby-server_3.0.5781.5_all.deb ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/emby-server.prerm: 23: [: missing ]
/var/lib/dpkg/info/emby-server.prerm: 23: [: missing ]
Unpacking emby-server (3.0.5781.5) over (3.0.5781.4) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

When the service emby-server is started (sudo service emby-server start) it starts /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh

For some reason this script will not find the compiled ffmpeg / ffprobe version. I solved this on my PI by editing these lines (sudo nano /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh):

# ffmpeg

FFMPEG_BIN=$(which ffmpeg)

[ -n "$FFMPEG_BIN" ] && FFMPEG_OPTS="-ffmpeg $FFMPEG_BIN"

# ffprobe

FFPROBE_BIN=$(which ffprobe)

[ -n "$FFPROBE_BIN" ] && FFPROBE_OPTS="-ffprobe $FFPROBE_BIN"

to...

# ffmpeg

#FFMPEG_BIN=$(which ffmpeg)

FFMPEG_BIN=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

[ -n "$FFMPEG_BIN" ] && FFMPEG_OPTS="-ffmpeg $FFMPEG_BIN"

# ffprobe

#FFPROBE_BIN=$(which ffprobe)

FFPROBE_BIN=/usr/local/bin/ffprobe

[ -n "$FFPROBE_BIN" ] && FFPROBE_OPTS="-ffprobe $FFPROBE_BIN"

After installing the "new" emby server version it seems that emby-server.sh is missing and i can't find it anywhere on the system.

How to direct emby to the right path for ffmpeg and ffprobe?

hurricanehrndz

The new start script is in /usr/bin/emby-sever, it will take care of everything.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just saw this thread. Right now I am running Emby Server on my Arch Linux Raspberry Pi. I am experiencing some performance issues. Should I switch to Raspbian and this distro for a performance boost?

djonnie

@@zeug

What kind of performance issues?

Generating resized pictures (fanart, posters etc.) is the only place I experience performance issues. (I don't use transcoding).

@@zeug

What kind of performance issues?

Cannot perform a complete library scan, Emby Server crashes, Raspberry Pi crashes, Emby webserver doesn't load images/posters, cannot open subfolders in metadata editor (e.g. Music > show all my artists), etc..

I am using a Raspberry Pi B (not 2) with a SanDisk 8 GB Class 10 SD-Card.

I can't seem to get the transcoding to work. Installed it like djonnie instructed and did edit the emby-server file in /usr/bin/emby-server

But when i start a show of movie, nothing happens. Tried it through the webpage and on the emby-app on samsung smart TV.

It did work with an older version of emby-server, so i'm a bit lost now.

I'm not a "seasoned" Linux user, and have been working my way through the posts. Is there a compiled version of how to install the emby server on Raspbian? I would like to move emby from my Windows media center to the Pi to liberate memory and resources.

hurricanehrndz

To be honest, there is a lot of room for improvement on the documentation front on how to install emby on raspbian. This is something that is on my list of things to do, unfortunately my list is long. From my private conversations with individuals here are my suggestions. Use our 14.04 repo for emby and imagemagick. In terms of ffmpeg people seem to compile it themselves and I have no clue why, ffmpeg is available in the jessie backports and is also available on debian multimedia. That being said if your are using raspbian please ensure you are using the jessie version. 

• Like 1

A how to is really easy. I got emby-server up and running like this:

#install emby-server
wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -

sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install emby-server

I will go and try the already available ffmpeg. Maybe that wil work.