Raspberry Pi

Luke

hurricanehrndz

There also seems to be an issue with armel and armhf, we don't support armel and it seems he is using an armel device.

It's weird, i already tried that.

I uncommented the line in sources.list, but i get an error of unmet dependencies:

apt-get install mono-runtime mediainfo libsqlite3-dev imagemagick-6.q8 libmagickwand-6.q8-2 libmagickcore-6.q8-2
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    mediainfo is already the newest version.
    mono-runtime is already the newest version.
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     libmagickcore-6.q8-2 : Depends: libjpeg8 (>= 8c) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Got it working.

Okay, so what i did:

deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ trusty main restricted universe multiverse

i deleted the -armhf string and then it downloaded just fine!

installing emby server now, let's see what happens..

hurricanehrndz

Got it working.

Okay, so what i did:

deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ trusty main restricted universe multiverse

i deleted the -armhf string and then it downloaded just fine!

installing emby server now, let's see what happens..

May I ask what your cpu and system is that your running? Thank you for your feedback, perhaps we can change it if people report back with enough success.

Edited by hurricanehrndz

;-)
Maybe you got me here.

I'm running a bananaPi - standard one.

SoC: Allwinner A20

ARM-Cortex-A7-CPU Dual Core

System is the latest Bananian (Debian based) with Jessie.

wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"
sudo apt-get update

# With Bananian:
echo "deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ trusty main restricted universe multiverse" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/trusty.list
cat << EOF | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/preferences.d/trusty.pref
Package: *
Pin: release a=trusty
Pin-Priority: 10
EOF

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime mediainfo libsqlite3-dev imagemagick-6.q8 libmagickwand-6.q8-2 libmagickcore-6.q8-2
sudo apt-get install emby-server

But i'm encountering some other issued:

W: GPG error: http://ports.ubuntu.com trusty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 40976EAF437D05B5 NO_PUBKEY 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

When i run " dpkg --configure -a"

Setting up emby-server (3.0.5781.0) ...
[ ok ] Starting emby-server daemon:.

And then: Nothing!

If i skip with control + c and start emby by hand:

sudo service emby-server start

emby starts. i can access emby via firefox .. but apt-get is not working anymore, because system stops on [ ok ] Starting emby-server daemon:. ...

any ideas?

___

emby seems to cause some more trouble:

apt-get install samba
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Edited by Sabcoll

djonnie

Thanks, maybe that needed for earlier versions of raspbian.

Just like Sabcoll I'm using Raspbian Jessie

The steps under "If running Raspbian" were not needed on my PI 2

gpg recv-keys 40976EAF437D05B5                                                                                                                                            
usage: gpg [options] [filename]

How can i add these keys?

Never had such an issue before..

edit:

gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32

still the same error...

pg --recv-keys 40976EAF437D05B5 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32                                                                                                                                    
gpgkeys: key 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32 not found on keyserver
gpg: key 437D05B5: "Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1
gpg: requesting key 437D05B5 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
gpg: requesting key C0B21F32 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
gpg: key 437D05B5: "Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>" not changed
gpg: key C0B21F32: "Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key (2012) <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:              unchanged: 2

I managed to add the keys:

apt-key adv --recv-keys 40976EAF437D05B5 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32

well.. apt-get update works now.

still i cant play videos:

/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20150917/ffmpeg                                                                                                                                        
/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20150917/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

is it possible that ffmpeg is no longer supported by jessie?

https://packages.debian.org/en/jessie/libav-tools

Edited by Sabcoll

What do i need to edit?

I dont understand this .sh file at all -.-

sudo make install

and then editing emby-server.sh to use this version of ffmpeg.

djonnie

What do i need to edit?

I dont understand this .sh file at all -.-

sudo make install

and then editing emby-server.sh to use this version of ffmpeg.

When the service emby-server is started (sudo service emby-server start) it starts /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh

For some reason this script will not find the compiled ffmpeg / ffprobe version. I solved this on my PI by editing these lines (sudo nano /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh):

# ffmpeg

FFMPEG_BIN=$(which ffmpeg)

[ -n "$FFMPEG_BIN" ] && FFMPEG_OPTS="-ffmpeg $FFMPEG_BIN"

# ffprobe

FFPROBE_BIN=$(which ffprobe)

[ -n "$FFPROBE_BIN" ] && FFPROBE_OPTS="-ffprobe $FFPROBE_BIN"

to...

# ffmpeg

#FFMPEG_BIN=$(which ffmpeg)

FFMPEG_BIN=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

[ -n "$FFMPEG_BIN" ] && FFMPEG_OPTS="-ffmpeg $FFMPEG_BIN"

# ffprobe

#FFPROBE_BIN=$(which ffprobe)

FFPROBE_BIN=/usr/local/bin/ffprobe

[ -n "$FFPROBE_BIN" ] && FFPROBE_OPTS="-ffprobe $FFPROBE_BIN"

Edited by djonnie

On my fresh Raspbian Jessie install, Emby is working without the second step of the instructions.

Now i'm only struggling to get the media paths correct. I want to add the path to my NAS (\\nas) but i get

this in return:

there was an error adding the media path

I did got an error at the end of the install of emby saying the user "emby" doesn't have acces to some locations on the RPI2.

djonnie

On my fresh Raspbian Jessie install, Emby is working without the second step of the instructions.

Now i'm only struggling to get the media paths correct. I want to add the path to my NAS (\\nas) but i get

this in return:

there was an error adding the media path

I did got an error at the end of the install of emby saying the user "emby" doesn't have acces to some locations on the RPI2.

I think you need to install a SMB client on your PI to be able to access a UNC path

found a tutorial here, hope it helps:

http://raspberrypihelp.net/tutorials/12-mount-a-samba-share-on-raspberry-pi

after that you should use path substitution so that clients can directly access the files on your NAS

without this the PI has to receive video's from the NAS and then send it over the network to the clients

Edited by djonnie

djonnie

So there has te be made a samba share on the Pi? I cannot point to my NAS directly?

it's not exactly a share like in SMB sharing

you have to mount the NAS to a directory on your PI, so Emby-Server will see your NAS as a local path ( /mnt/.... )

you need a SMBClient to be able to mount your NAS to a UNC share (\\NAS\....)

for your clients you setup path substitution, so that they will contact the NAS directly

ImageMagick is failing saying you have some bad files

Empty input file `/mnt/series/The Sopranos/landscape.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322
	ImageMagickSharp.WandException

I'm getting massive install failures after "sudo apt-get install emby-server" on a fresh install of raspbian Jessie.

The first failure I can see is:

" * Installing 1 assembly from libnunit-core-interfaces2.6.3-cil into Mono Illegal instruction
Use of uninitialized value $_ in scalar chomp at /usr/share/cli-common/runtimes.d/mono line 275."

snapshot of my command line text showing the complete list of failures is attached

error.txt

djonnie

I'm getting massive install failures after "sudo apt-get install emby-server" on a fresh install of raspbian Jessie.

The first failure I can see is:

" * Installing 1 assembly from libnunit-core-interfaces2.6.3-cil into Mono Illegal instruction

Use of uninitialized value $_ in scalar chomp at /usr/share/cli-common/runtimes.d/mono line 275."

snapshot of my command line text showing the complete list of failures is attached

Did you follow these steps?

wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -

sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime mediainfo libsqlite3-dev imagemagick-6.q8 libmagickwand-6.q8-2 libmagickcore-6.q8-2

sudo apt-get install emby-server

Do not follow the steps "If running Raspbian". They are not needed and will result in errors. You also need to compile ffmpeg yourself, you can find the steps in this thread.