How do I convert my emby metadata from .xml to .nfo format?

Radical924

Radical924

Hi! So currently all my metadata is in .xml format and I need all of my metadata now in .nfo format. How do I of convert all of my existing emby metadata to .nfo whilst retaining the .xml metadata (if possible) while keeping the frontend stuff virtually the same?

AgileHumor

I'd check with the experts, but this is how I did it. I lost any custom data not in the fetcher, but except for a few genre overrides, it wasn't much

First, make sure all your type don't have XML if NFO is option. You need to select the dropdown for EACH TYPE...and don't forget to save. Also, make sure your set the NFO to be a higher priority the XML reader.

Then, I did search in windows for name:*.xml in my media folders and deleted (make backup).

Last, in Metdata Manager, I refreshed all collections at the highest collection level which rebuilt the NFO's.

Happy2Play

Go to Metadata-Services and for each library type check nfo in metadata saver.

Radical924

Go to Metadata-Services and for each library type check nfo in metadata saver.

Ok sounds good! if for some reason it doesn't work I was looking into this some more and figured out MCM (Media Center Master) can help with this so I am going to take that approach if all else fails. Thanks for your response!

P.S. @@AgileHumor I don't think I'd want to delete any of my .xml files as a lot of the data is custom. Thanks though for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
Nologic

An AutoIt or PowerShell script could be written to do this.

But yeah MCM will do the job, I typically scrap most my metadata with MCM, as I feel I have more control...since it pops up a dialog when ever it questions its results.

*Update*

Scratch that...as very little could be shared between the formats...so by all means use MCM to grab the info needed to complete the NFO files...but remember there is a setting to make use of existing metadata. You will want to have that enabled, since you stated you have a fair amount of custom info.

Edited by Nologic