1527 replies to this topic

#1521 roberto188 OFFLINE  

roberto188

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Local time: 08:14 AM

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Excellent. The Emby Beta app looks great! Super fast and looking great! Is there anyway to set the maximum transcode resolution GLOBALLY or for a particular user? Having my users have to manually set the transcode resolution to 720p everytime they chose a channel is bit a of hassle. Even if I set the video quality to 10 Mbps, it still transcodes to 1080p. The new app looks sweet guys!

#1522 roberto188 OFFLINE  

roberto188

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Also, nice to note, my Roku Premiere+ is direct streamed mpeg2 and it plays perfectly. De-interlaced nicely and everything. 

#1523 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3307 posts
  • Local time: 05:14 AM

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

It is great when things just work. Glad you like it so far.

As to your question of Max Transcode Resolution option.. very good question. We should have something like this as the Video Player OSD settings are temporary. Having a Max Transcode Resolution option would let you help your users watch trouble free liveTV. I completely understand. I have to run all these decisions up the ladder. I have expedited your request and gave my opinion. We should be able to do this shortly.

#1524 roberto188 OFFLINE  

roberto188

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Awesome thanks guys!

#1525 Baenwort OFFLINE  

Baenwort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Local time: 01:14 PM

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

I'm using a Roku Ultra to a 1080p SDR TV and I have a video that works fine in the standard Emby Channel but errors out (at the same point every time) when trying to watch the same video via the Neon Channel.

I've attached two ffmpeg logs. One from an attempt via the Blue Neon channel and one from completing a watch via the standard Emby Channel.

Server is a FreeNAS running 3.5.3 (latest stable for that OS)

Attached Files

#1526 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3307 posts
  • Local time: 05:14 AM

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:58 AM

I'm using a Roku Ultra to a 1080p SDR TV and I have a video that works fine in the standard Emby Channel but errors out (at the same point every time) when trying to watch the same video via the Neon Channel.

I've attached two ffmpeg logs. One from an attempt via the Blue Neon channel and one from completing a watch via the standard Emby Channel.

Server is a FreeNAS running 3.5.3 (latest stable for that OS)

https://emby.media/c...-when-resuming/

Which version of ffmpeg are you running?

#1527 Baenwort OFFLINE  

Baenwort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

https://emby.media/c...-when-resuming/

Which version of ffmpeg are you running?

From looking in the attached logs it looks like 4.1 is the version running.

edit: I ran pkg version ffmpeg and it reports version 4.1.1 is the one running.

Edited by Baenwort, 26 December 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#1528 Baenwort OFFLINE  

Baenwort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

Please ask her to list what she finds wrong in the Emby app. I can help with her transition and make important things work for her. Depending on how complicated in time each of these eat up might make it easier and better for you in the long run. Blue Neon is lacking in several areas. It cannot show backdrops. It's music player and inability to hand craft queues is a downer. The way some screens load into rows rather than grids slows down navigation.

I am here to provide you the same experience you have with blue neon with the caveat that we must keep it even. Things have to match how the general "emby" look is define. How that gets defined is really none of my business. But I can help give you features you want and help you keep the wife acceptance factor. Where everyone is free to use sunscreen. Where everyone is happy. This is where I want the app to be. It isn't there yet but the focus is on getting there. It will get there. Failure is not an option.

This is better for everyone all around too. This gives the emby developers a break, and lets them focus their time where they want. I solely focus my time on the Roku which helps users, emby team, and me since I like this kind of stuff as a hobby. Altogether this means the speed at which features evolve, bugs get fixes, and the speed of development will increase as time goes on. We will get there much faster together than as separate apps. The future is about your media, your way. That is always the number one priority.

Thanks for listening. :)

Thanks for the work. I'll say that the primary reason we still use BNN instead of the Emby app is those ascetic choices. My wife and kids like the look (color choice and horizontal layout) instead of the new "Netflix Lite" driven design. 

I'll start giving the beta channel a try and will see how much of the extra visual jazz I can turn off. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users