Photo

ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

Radeon Cheesegeezer MediaBrowser Classis MBC Backdrops Theme Videos Support Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#41 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Local time: 07:04 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Running Server Version 3.0.5076.20161 and MBC 3.0.96.0

A couple of issues with version 1.0.0.2

When entering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

#2. Also the plugin is no longer playing the theme songs.Still working in MBT but not in Classic. Videos still work fine.

Tried this on 2 machines,one running Windows 7 and the other running 8.1

Edited by Yogi, 27 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

• crampas likes this

#42 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Local time: 01:04 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

When enetering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

#2. Also the plugin is no longer playing the theme songs.Still working in MBT but not in Classic. Videos still work fine.

This has been happening to me as well, uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling seems to fix it but after the plug-in receives an update it occurs again.

#43 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2582 posts
  • Local time: 08:04 PM
  • LocationOn an Oil Rig somewhere

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

When enetering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

This has been happening to me as well, uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling seems to fix it but after the plug-in receives an update it occurs again.

Thanks Guys - I'll take a look at this this morning, if I get time

Yogi - Just to let you know this is an MBC only plugin, MBT handles all this kind of stuff itself.

EDIT - I have just tried it myself and it's working fine.  This is gonna be tricky trying to fix something that already works for me.

Edited by Cheesegeezer, 27 November 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#44 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1223 posts
  • Local time: 09:04 PM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

@Yogi you lost me a little when you say uninstalling then reinstalling the plugin fixes it, but after the plugin receives an update, it breaks it. Just because uninstalling and reinstalling should only put you on the latest version. So you shoildnt get an update afterwards? Any ideas?

#45 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

I believe that question is for me. What I meant was when we were troubleshooting the previous issue from a few days ago I went from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1 and at the time I experienced what Yogi described, it would crash at the configurator but if I uninstalled the plugin and installed 1.0.0.1 again it would work. Later the 1.0.0.2 plugin was released and I updated it. Again it would crash at the configuration screen so I had to uninstall, reinstall the plugin and it would work. This happened TWICE and I did not report this since I was able to get it work and because I figured it was just a development only issue.

Edited by Starkadius, 27 November 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#46 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1223 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

I believe that question is for me. What I meant was when we were troubleshooting the previous issue from a few days ago I went from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1 and at the time I experienced what Yogi described, it would crash at the configurator but if I uninstalled the plugin and installed 1.0.0.1 again it would work. Later the 1.0.0.2 plugin was released and I updated it. Again it would crash at the configuration screen so I had to uninstall, reinstall the plugin and it would work. This happened TWICE and I did not report this since I was able to get it work and because I figured it was just a development only issue.

Ah sorry Starkadius! You're right! We're looking into this now. Well, I'm driving, @Cheesegeezer is all over it! Ill be back to look in half an hour! :-D

#47 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Yeh if you uninstall and then reinstall it,it crashes if you try to configure it.
  • Cheesegeezer likes this

#48 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Interesting I just tested it and it is doing it again. I was able to catch it in the MBC configurator log, it appears all the way at the end of it.

#49 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2582 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Config log

Error log

So after looking at your log....

after Crystal and ROC are initialized, the error occurs with Themevideos.

Can you guys do me a favour and uninstall Crystal and ROC and see if that fixes it.

Cheers

#50 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Thanks Guys - I'll take a look at this this morning, if I get time

Yogi - Just to let you know this is an MBC only plugin, MBT handles all this kind of stuff itself.

EDIT - I have just tried it myself and it's working fine.  This is gonna be tricky trying to fix something that already works for me.

Yes Cheese I know it is an MBC only plugin,where do you think I installed it from. :P :P  :P  :P 

#51 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Nope still happens even after uninstallling both. I even cleaned out all the config files and left overs in the MBC directory after removing Roc and Crystal.

#52 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

I am not using Roc or Crystal.

#53 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

@Yogi can you test something for me. I know you said you deleted all leftovers/configs files but just to verify something for me can you go into the "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Backup" and delete ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll then try the configuration.

#54 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2582 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

@Yogi & @Starkadius

Ok thanks for confirming, I just wanted to check.

Ah, hang on, you guys tested this in its early days? didn't you.  Can you go into your plugin configurations folder and delete the ThemeVideo Backrops.xml

Try that and let me know

#55 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

@Yogi & @Starkadius

Ok thanks for confirming, I just wanted to check.

Ah, hang on, you guys tested this in its early days? didn't you.  Can you go into your plugin configurations folder and delete the ThemeVideo Backrops.xml

Try that and let me know

Yeah we were the ones testing it. Deleting the .xml still makes the error occur but I think I may be on to something.

When deleting the ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll file from "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Backup" the crashing stops for me but I just need Yogi to test this to confirm it.

• Yogi likes this

#56 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

@Starkadius

@Cheesegeezer

Yeh deleting the xml file did nothing but deleting the backup version as Starkadius suggested has fixed it.Must be a compatiblity issue there somewhere.

Edited by Yogi, 27 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#57 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

@Starkadius

@Cheesegeezer

Yeh deleting the xml file did nothing but deleting the backup version as Starkadius suggested has fixed it.Must be a compatiblity issue there somewhere.

Awesome thanks, we found our culprit.

#58 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1223 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

@Yogi & @Starkadius

Guys, this seems to be a general MBC bug, we have found we get the same issue with other plugins that have backups too.

If its not too much trouble, can you

1. install game browser,
  2. take a copy of its dll and paste it into the backup dir,
  3. close down and reopen the configurator
  4. try and configure Game Browser

We can get the same crash doing the above.

Cheers,

Edited by radeon, 27 November 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#59 Yogi OFFLINE  

Yogi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

@radeon,

I just installed game browser and I don't even have to put the dll in the backup folder,it is just crashing when I click on configure.

Happens on both machines.

Edited by Yogi, 27 November 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#60 Starkadius OFFLINE  

Starkadius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

@radeon Hm I just tried this and I can go into gamebrowser's configuration just fine. No crashing at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Radeon, Cheesegeezer, MediaBrowser Classis, MBC, Backdrops, Theme Videos, Support, Questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users