ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Cheesegeezer

Guys and Ladies,

You should see a new version up. 1.0.0.3

Changelog 1.0.0.3

-----------------------

1. Theme Music is working with backdrops now

2. Indexing now behaves properly - stopping playback when at collection level

3. Temp Fix for config crash - Have to rewrite the config(unfortunately)

4. Added theme-music directory support  - See notes below

Please note that point 4 has some rules.

If you want theme music you must either put theme.mp3 in the root of the show (where the series.xml is stored) or in a folder named

theme-music. the only accepted audio formats are .mp3, .flac & .wma

so for example

\TV Shows\Friends\theme.mp3

or 

\TV Shows\Friends\theme-music\anyname.mp3

This version has been tested with MBC 3.0.96 and up and most themes.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheese & @@radeon

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3

Please note that point 4 has some rules.  if you want theme music and you have a backdrops folder, the theme music must be placed in here. if you just want to use theme-music.ext at movie/tv series folder level you must delete the backdrops folder.

that was the solution of my main problem. now the theme songs will be played the way it should.

Edited by crampas

Cheesegeezer

@crampus

please review the updated post i made above.  

i just corrected some issues there

On a new install this plugin does not install.  When you click install it goes through, but it doesn't show in the plugins thus meaning you can never configure it. Maybe something to do with the new build of MBC?

edit: Found a way around it - If I select show all versions and install the previous version of this, then it shows up, and then upgrading it to the latest version works where I can then edit the config of the plugin.

Edited by DigiTM

Cheesegeezer

@@DigiTM

Can you please supply

Server version

Mbc version

Theme and theme version.

Thanks

I too am experiencing these issues

Server Version - Version 3.0.5083.27698

MBC Version - 3.0.100.0

Chocolate -  3.0.2.10

However ThemeVideoBackdrops 1.0.0.2 works okay, it's just 1.0.0.3 that is having this issue.

radeon

Server Version - Version 3.0.5083.27698

MBC Version - 3.0.100.0

Chocolate -  3.0.2.10

However ThemeVideoBackdrops 1.0.0.2 works okay, it's just 1.0.0.3 that is having this issue.

Can you try the one i PM'd over to you please DigiTM? I think cheese has other issues ;-)

Cheesegeezer

Can you try the one i PM'd over to you please DigiTM? I think cheese has other issues ;-)

:huh: I always have issues ;)

gthrift

Server Version 3.0.5083.27698
Mbc version 3.0.100.0
Chocolate version 3.0.2.11

Plugin version 1.0.0.4

Theme song plays when entering tv show but the backdrop is not displayed consistently.  First time launching MB and entering a show it will work as expected, but later entries into the same or other shows does not display a backdrop while the theme is playing.

It was working previously.

edit:  this is on a fresh install of MBC.

Edited by gthrift

Cheesegeezer

@@gthrift, this is weird. I have seen this behaviour before. Can you try something for me please.

Can you reboot your machine.

Go into MBC,

go into a movie/tv show with a song in it and see if it works (it should)

then come out of that item

and go into another item with a song, i have a feeling that you wont see a backdrop.

Then backout of mbc to wmc tiles and go back into mbc and repeat the above steps.

I have a feeling it will work normally now.

Thanks for your help :)

Cheese!

gthrift

@@gthrift, this is weird. I have seen this behaviour before. Can you try something for me please.

Can you reboot your machine.

Go into MBC,

go into a movie/tv show with a song in it and see if it works (it should)

then come out of that item

and go into another item with a song, i have a feeling that you wont see a backdrop.

Then backout of mbc to wmc tiles and go back into mbc and repeat the above steps.

I have a feeling it will work normally now.

Thanks for your help :)

Cheese!

This is exactly the behavior I am seeing.

Cheesegeezer

This is exactly the behavior I am seeing.

I don't know what to suggest. It also sometimes happens with the videos also.  Not sure why.  Leave it with me and i'll have to hunt something down.

Thanks for confirming ;)

da1stprince

52ad495e62ef7_WP_20131215_01_13_30_Pro.jI've tried everything to get this working... I installed themevideo from mb3 client,went to plugin section and saw very limited options in that config tab, I tried all options under tab labeled backdrop sources and nothing changed. also tried to download and install from the 3 links in that config window but those lead me to the devs posting on this plugin with nothing to download..please help!

Edited by da1stprince

radeon

Hey @@da1stprince,

The ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin enables the playback functionality of the theme media, however it doesn't actually source them for you.

That's where the links you were referring to come in.  Those links take you to the details pages about some plugins with actually download the media for you.

You can install those plugins  by going into your MediaBrowser Server Dashboard, selecting Plugins on the left hand side, followed by Plugin Catalog across the top.

From here, the Movie Theme Videos, TV Theme Videos and TV Theme Songs plugins can all be installed and will download theme media where available for your collections.

Once installed and registered, just run the Scheduled tasks from the MediaBrowser Server Dashboard under Scheduled Tasks > Radeons Tools and the themes will download for you.

After this, your backdrops should be working fine withing Media Browser Classic.

All the best,

da1stprince

Hey @@da1stprince,

The ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin enables the playback functionality of the theme media, however it doesn't actually source them for you.

That's where the links you were referring to come in.  Those links take you to the details pages about some plugins with actually download the media for you.

You can install those plugins  by going into your MediaBrowser Server Dashboard, selecting Plugins on the left hand side, followed by Plugin Catalog across the top.

From here, the Movie Theme Videos, TV Theme Videos and TV Theme Songs plugins can all be installed and will download theme media where available for your collections.

Once installed and registered, just run the Scheduled tasks from the MediaBrowser Server Dashboard under Scheduled Tasks > Radeons Tools and the themes will download for you.

After this, your backdrops should be working fine withing Media Browser Classic.

All the best,

thanks radeon! I installed all 3 plugins at server and client level but it seems that I am still missing something. I expected for the plugin to grab the content needed to populate all movie folders starting with the letter "A" until i purchase it but nothing is happening. these plugins are not downloading any content. when i check the server scheduled tasks it  says it started but i don't notice any changes at all. I also don't see any hidden folders of any kind in my movie folders. Any suggestions?

i looked in the media browser log and found an entry that stated that " Downloading tv themes videos is only allowed for mb supporters" am i supposed to do something elso to get this working? i checked all threads and posts about these plugins and didn't see anything that would help me.

radeon

thanks radeon! I installed all 3 plugins at server and client level but it seems that I am still missing something. I expected for the plugin to grab the content needed to populate all movie folders starting with the letter "A" until i purchase it but nothing is happening. these plugins are not downloading any content. when i check the server scheduled tasks it  says it started but i don't notice any changes at all. I also don't see any hidden folders of any kind in my movie folders. Any suggestions?

i looked in the media browser log and found an entry that stated that " Downloading tv themes videos is only allowed for mb supporters" am i supposed to do something elso to get this working? i checked all threads and posts about these plugins and didn't see anything that would help me.

Hey @@da1stprince,

Yeah, all premium plugin developers require the user to be a MB3 Supporter before they can use the plugins.

All plugins validate against the supporter key which you will get by becoming a supporter. Until then, my plugins wont even run in trial mode.

You can become a supporter by going into your MBS Dashboard, clicking help on the left then "Become a Supporter" along the top. Once that's sorted, my plugins will run in trial mode for you.

All the best, Radeon

da1stprince

Hey @@da1stprince,

Yeah, all premium plugin developers require the user to be a MB3 Supporter before they can use the plugins.

All plugins validate against the supporter key which you will get by becoming a supporter. Until then, my plugins wont even run in trial mode.

You can become a supporter by going into your MBS Dashboard, clicking help on the left then "Become a Supporter" along the top. Once that's sorted, my plugins will run in trial mode for you.

All the best, Radeon

thank you very much for the speedy support!

Edited by da1stprince

da1stprince

Hey Radeon, I'm still having issues just trying to get the trial to work... all my settings are  adjusted and plugins installed but according to the log, there are still errors trying to get content.. here's a pic52afe60a9e8c3_Screenshot.png