ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Hey Radeon, I'm still having issues just trying to get the trial to work... all my settings are  adjusted and plugins installed but according to the log, there are still errors trying to get content.. here's a pic52afe60a9e8c3_Screenshot.png

Hey, @@da1stprince

Can you drop me a copy of that full log please?

I have a feeling you're running an older release of the plugin but just need to check. Either PM it to me or post a link on here.

Thanks

da1stprince

Hey, @@da1stprince

Can you drop me a copy of that full log please?

I have a feeling you're running an older release of the plugin but just need to check. Either PM it to me or post a link on here.

Thanks

no problem but I'm not sure how to copy all the info in that log, I'm not allowed to copy and paste it to anything. I've got all the latest versions of each plugin and server installed. server version(3.0.5099.2102),movie theme videos plugin (version 1.0.4.2) , tv theme songs(version 1.0.3.2) and tv theme videos (version 1.0.4.2)

Edited by da1stprince

radeon

no problem but I'm not sure how to copy all the info in that log, I'm not allowed to copy and paste it to anything. I've got all the latest versions of each plugin and server installed. server version(3.0.5099.2102),movie theme videos plugin (version 1.0.4.2) , tv theme songs(version 1.0.3.2) and tv theme videos (version 1.0.4.2)

You just need to go into "C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\Logs" and just zip up the logs from that day to now and upload to dropbox etc.

Cheers,

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me with a mild irritant with how Theme Videos and Theme Music works on my setup.  I have Win 7 x64 Core 2 Duo HTPC and have tried with Breeze, Subdued, and Crystal and get the same behavior.  My update level for Server, Classic and all Plugins is Beta.

What is happening is theme videos and music will play for two seconds, stop, and then restart and then play normally.  Since it ultimately ends up working it's not a huge issue, but I get a little OCD about things working perfectly and would like to figure out why the videos/music restart after 2 seconds.  I don't have this issue when playing movies via MPC-HC x64,  music via WMC or videos with VLC or WMP.

I am running FFDShow and see the system tray icon appear when theme videos/music starts, then disappear when it stops after 2 seconds, and re-appear again when it plays normally.

Another note, the server and client are on the same PC and the library is composed of shared UNC paths.

Edited by jagerm

radeon

hey @@jagerm

Do you have the the this Theme Videos Plugin installed and enabled as well as the tick box ticked to play theme videos enabled in breeze and Crystal configuration? If so, you need to disable that in those themes.

Edited by radeon

hey @@jagerm

Do you have the the this Theme Videos Plugin installed and enabled as well as the tick box ticked to play theme videos enabled in breeze and Crystal configuration? If so, you need to disable that in those themes.

DOH!  I had removed Crystal but I did still have boxes checked in Breeze Options under Background Media.  I'm RDP'd into the machine right now and unchecked the boxes, but video won't play over RDP so I won't be able to truly test until I get home later tonight.  But that was probably the issue.  Thanks.  I'll report back if it works or not.

• Like 1

@@radeon

That fixed it! Thank you, now it's smooth as butter.  The wife and I poked around our collection just admiring how immersive the menus feel with the theme songs and background movies.  Really cool.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by jagerm
  • Like 2

da1stprince

@@radeon

That fixed it! Thank you, now it's smooth as butter.  The wife and I poked around our collection just admiring how immersive the menus feel with the theme songs and background movies.  Really cool.

Thanks for the help.

can't wait to get where you are with your progress!

• Like 2

da1stprince

You just need to go into "C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\Logs" and just zip up the logs from that day to now and upload to dropbox etc.

Cheers,

thanks Radeon, I pm'ed you the link to the server logs

radeon

thanks Radeon, I pm'ed you the link to the server logs

Hey @@da1stprince,

Looking at your logs, i suspect you dont have the metadata set in some/all of your movies required for my plugin to work. This isn't anything extreme, just the tvdb and tmdb ids. So, I have put 1.0.4.4 up with a little more debug to help me confirm this.

Can you, download the latest versions of each plugin (you server should automatically download them, or just uninstall and reinstall them if it doesn't), then run the TV Theme Videos Plugin first, wait for it to finish, then run the Movie Theme Videos Plugin second, then give me your log from that session from the directory i gave you above.

And sorry for the delays in responding, I'm guessing from your times in responding to me, we are on other sides of the planet!

Cheers, Radeon

da1stprince

Hey @@da1stprince,

Looking at your logs, i suspect you dont have the metadata set in some/all of your movies required for my plugin to work. This isn't anything extreme, just the tvdb and tmdb ids. So, I have put 1.0.4.4 up with a little more debug to help me confirm this.

Can you, download the latest versions of each plugin (you server should automatically download them, or just uninstall and reinstall them if it doesn't), then run the TV Theme Videos Plugin first, wait for it to finish, then run the Movie Theme Videos Plugin second, then give me your log from that session from the directory i gave you above.

And sorry for the delays in responding, I'm guessing from your times in responding to me, we are on other sides of the planet!

Cheers, Radeon

downloading now... and yes, I thought the same thing about our region, lol  I'm on eastern std time. by the way, if this info is useful- I use mymovies to grap metadata and edit info for movies. whatever mymovies cannot find, media browser will fill in the missing metadata.

radeon

downloading now... and yes, I thought the same thing about our region, lol  I'm on eastern std time. by the way, if this info is useful- I use mymovies to grap metadata and edit info for movies. whatever mymovies cannot find, media browser will fill in the missing metadata.

Cool! if you can get the log over to me in the next hour or so, ill be able to take a look tonight. Im in the UK so its just about 9PM here.

da1stprince

Cool! if you can get the log over to me in the next hour or so, ill be able to take a look tonight. Im in the UK so its just about 9PM here.

updated logs done...pm'ed!

radeon

updated logs done...pm'ed!

Hey @da1stprince,

OK, so, the Logs indicate as i suspected. You dont have TheMovieDB.org Id (tmdbid) in a lot/most of your films.

Looking further into your logs, it looks like MBS is having difficulty identifying the correct details for your movies because of their naming style.

If you take Alien for example, i can see that you have it as

Alien 720p\Alien.1979.DC.720p.BluRay.x264-HiDt.mkv

and it hasnt been identified by MBS as anything correctly.

Whereas, if you renamed that to

Alien (1979) [DC.720p.BluRay.x264-HiDt.]\Alien (1979) [DC.720p.BluRay.x264-HiDt.].mkv

or something like

Alien (1979) [720p]\Alien (1979) [720p].mkv

or if you really want to strip it back:

Alien (1979)\Alien (1979).mkv

Which follows the recommended library structure for MBS found here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Library-Structure you will find MBS works a whole lot more accurately in finding the correct meta data for your media. 

To help you understand the above naming more, (my understanding is, and I'm sure ill be corrected if I'm wrong!!) -  by the year being in the round brackets (), mbs very quickly identifies it as the year, anything in the square brackets [] is ignored - this is always handy for general info about the media, without it interfering with it being identified.

Otherwise, if you want to set tmdbid manually, open the metadata manager, find Alien (1979) and set its tmdbid to 348 which is the id i have just found here: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/348-alien by looking the film up manually. Save it and click refresh metadata.

Then run my scheduled task for movies and you should find your theme is downloaded and placed in a hidden backdrops folder within that movies directory.

I would really recommend using one of the above naming styles as it will just make things so much easier on you and mbs in the long run. :-D

Any questions, you know where to find me! :-D

Edited by radeon

I understand that a theme video will take precedence over a theme song when both are available for a single title, but I have a question about how they are presented to MBClassic from MBServer.  Is the video the only option presented by MBServer or are both available but MBC chooses the video first when available?

The reason I ask is that ideally, I would like to play the theme video first then play the theme song on infinite loop while image backdrops rotate (at least until the screen saver kicks in).  I understand this is not possible as the plugin is currently written, I would just like to understand how the information is passed to know if it would even be a possibility in the long run.

Thanks!

radeon

I understand that a theme video will take precedence over a theme song when both are available for a single title, but I have a question about how they are presented to MBClassic from MBServer.  Is the video the only option presented by MBServer or are both available but MBC chooses the video first when available?

The reason I ask is that ideally, I would like to play the theme video first then play the theme song on infinite loop while image backdrops rotate (at least until the screen saver kicks in).  I understand this is not possible as the plugin is currently written, I would just like to understand how the information is passed to know if it would even be a possibility in the long run.

Thanks!

hey @,

At the minute, the plugin chooses the video over the audio then will not fall back to the audio if both exist. There isn't really a reason why not, it was just written that way. We may look to change it in a future release.

• Like 1

hey @,

At the minute, the plugin chooses the video over the audio then will not fall back to the audio if both exist. There isn't really a reason why not, it was just written that way. We may look to change it in a future release.

Thanks for the info!  As far as I can tell there is not a "feature request" thread for this plugin, so should I start a new thread requesting this feature or just let my message in this thread serve as a request?

Cheesegeezer

Thanks for the info!  As far as I can tell there is not a "feature request" thread for this plugin, so should I start a new thread requesting this feature or just let my message in this thread serve as a request?

Please do, start one in the feature requests section, its easy for people to track the progress then.

djmisterjon

Hi , how i can download ? , no download link on webpage !?

And in mediaBrowser configurator , the plugin are no show ?!

Tanks for help.

radeon

Hi , how i can download ? , no download link on webpage !?

And in mediaBrowser configurator , the plugin are no show ?!

Tanks for help.

hey @@djmisterjon

are you in the mediabrowser classic configurator under more plugins?

The plugin is listed under the General section - see here:

Untitled.png

all the best,

• 2 months later...
fiskarz

Hi all - first post here, but long time forum lurker & MB2/3 supporter.

I'm currently using MB3 Server & Classic (Chocolate theme) on the same Windows 8.1 HTPC, and am trying to work some theme music into my 'Video Games' folders using the ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin for MBC.

I have GameBrowser installed on both server/client and everything works as expected...but when I throw a 'theme.mp3' file into one of the game folders, I'm having issues with the backdrop jpegs.  I know this is not the intended purpose of this free plugin, so I understand if it's not supported when used w/ GameBrowser folders, but just wanted to see if there was anything I could be doing differently to get this to work.

My Emulation folder is set up with folders for each system, then sub-folders for each game and its accompanying metadata:

D:\Emulation\Games\

\NES\

\SuperMarioBros\

SuperMarioBros.nes

backdrop.jpg

backdrop1.jpg

game.xml

folder.jpg

\Metroid\

Metroid.nes

(+metadata)

\Genesis\

\Sonic1\

Sonic1.bin

(+metadata)

In the MBC Configurator, I have the ThemeVideo Backdrop set to look for/play backdrops first, then local trailers.  When I place a 'theme.mp3' file (i.e., some old-school Super Mario Bros music) in the NES folder, the theme music plays once I enter the NES folder within MBC, and continues to play when entering the details page for a particular game.  The problem is that the backdrops stop displaying entirely (both when browsing NES games in coverflow, and when entering a game's details page)  All I see is a gray/black screen behind the game poster, title, and description.

When I place that same 'theme.mp3' file in one of the game sub-folders (let's say Super Mario Bros.), the backdrops work once again when browsing NES games (to no music).  Once I enter the Super Mario Bros. details page in MBC, the music comes on, but only one backdrop displays - there is no automatic cycling.  Removing the mp3 fixes everything (all game backdrops display and cycle automatically every six seconds).  Here are some other notes:

1 - I tried the alternate sub-folder method "/theme-music/theme.mp3" and had the same results as described above

2 - I tried every possible combination of "Enable video backdrop" / "Show small NPW" / "Show Now Playing Icon" option in the Chocolate theme options within MBC - no luck

3 (and probably most important) - I tried/tested the plugin as intended (placed 'theme.mp3' in a movie folder & a TV show folder) and it works perfectly, playing background music and displaying all backdrops correctly while on that detail page.

Again, I know this is not the intended use for this plugin, but I would appreciate any guidance.  I have plenty of backdrops for each game, but would love to spruce up the emulation experience with a background song unique to each game system while the user browses and selects a game.

Sorry for the essay...Thanks!

• 1 month later...
phonk

Hi,

I'm new to ThemeVideo Backdrops. I'm tried it with Aztec and ROC theme. I found some issues:

1. after selecting a movie the trailer starts but I only here the audio the background is the backdrop image. On Choclate or Subdued I the the videooutput

2. On TV Shows this problem appears sometimes, If I entering the Tv Show, videobackdrop starts but backdrop image is shown. But if I go into a season the corrently playing backdropvideo is shown.

3. Some backdropvideos got overdriven sound.

• 2 months later...
buddyweiser

@@radeon, I'm having a small issue with this plugin. I first noticed this texting @@Cheesegeezer's new theme Xenon, but I have confirmed this behavior in chocolate and classic themes as well. When entering a music album, the first song listed(alphabetically) auto plays as if it's the theme song. This is not behavior that I want in my music collection. Is there anyway to fix this?

Cheesegeezer

@@radeon, I'm having a small issue with this plugin. I first noticed this texting @@Cheesegeezer's new theme Xenon, but I have confirmed this behavior in chocolate and classic themes as well. When entering a music album, the first song listed(alphabetically) auto plays as if it's the theme song. This is not behavior that I want in my music collection. Is there anyway to fix this?

if radeon is too busy, i will take a look after Xenon has hit release status and I can take a breather from it.   

I'll need to check the logic of allowing a theme music to play, i think the problem maybe to do with where we allow the file to be placed.... if it's in the Album, I think we have allowed it to play "whatever.mp3".  To erradicate this issue we may have to force users to use a new structure similar to the Theme Videos plugin where the folder is called themesongs and is hidden and this is where Radeon's plugin may have to download to, just so it doesn't get confused with actually albums/song types.

It was designed purely for Movies and TV so there was never an issue with there being other music in there.  The other way we could do it is to check the Folder.CollectionType and if it = albumArtist or Song then we simply ignore any mp3's, or other audio extensions or set it to specifically only work with Games, TV & Movies.

Sorry batting ideas around incase my partner in crime should read this. ;)

• Like 1