ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Good work to all involved but what is the difference between this and the one already installed apart from not having to have Roc or Crystal installed?

And will it conflict with the ones already purchased?

This is the playback mechanism for MBC.  The server-side plugins actually get the themes and this plays them back.  It is the same as the functionality in Roc and Crystal and will likely conflict with it.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but when going into either a movie or TV Series the theme backdrop starts but when you exit that particular item it keeps playing until you go back to the EHS.

Edited by Yogi

Starkadius

I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but when going into either a movie or TV Series the theme backdrop starts but when you exit that particular item it keeps playing until you go back to the EHS.

I was just about to report this, I noticed it as well.

radeon

I was just about to report this, I noticed it as well.

Hey @@Yogi / @@Starkadius

The behaviour should be this... You go into a show or a movie and the theme starts, you come out and it should stay playing, if you move left or right to the next item, it should stop.

Can you confirm if you are entering the tv show or movie directly from the ehs or going into the collection first please? Also, what theme you are using?

Cheers

Edited by radeon

@@radeon it does exactly as you say so if it that is the design all good.

I will move on and nothing to report here.Again great plugin well done.

Edit: Sorry I have one thing when you go into a series the video starts playing but if you move left or right it stops and then starts again when you go into the season,just a bit strange that it does that.Probably should play continuously.

Edit 2: Just checked it with Subdued and Chocolate and the theme video plays continuously ,But it seems to be an stop and start with Soultakers new Rush theme,so it seems to be theme specific.

Edited by Yogi

radeon

@@radeon it does exactly as you say so if it that is the design all good.

I will move on and nothing to report here.Again great plugin well done.

Edit: Sorry I have one thing when you go into a series the video starts playing but if you move left or right it stops and then starts again when you go into the season,just a bit strange that it does that.Probably should play continuously.

Edit 2: Just checked it with Subdued and Chocolate and the theme video plays continuously ,But it seems to be an stop and start with Soultakers new Rush theme,so it seems to be theme specific.

Interesting results Yogi! Nice one!

In your opinion, which one is the correct behaviour?

Personally I think it should play continuously when you either enter a series or movie.

That's how I would expect it to work,it shouldn't stop and start again when you are in the series just moving to the season or episode you want to watch.

Cheers

Yogi

• Like 1

steelman1991

Love this addition to MB, just one comment though, the volume on individual backdrops seem wildly extreme, some very soft, others loud, is there any way to level the decibels before release - not sure of the process behind the themes or the source material, so apologies if it isn't doeable.

radeon

Interesting results Yogi! Nice one!

In your opinion, which one is the correct behaviour?

So to confirm, subdued and chocolate work fine, rush doesn't based on the prefered behavior you want? Sorry if I got it wrong!

Starkadius

In MBC as you enter a tv show it starts playing the theme but if you go back to the list of TV shows it keeps playing the theme from the last item it was on. Is this normal for this plugin? In MBT the theme stops when you leave the item completely.

radeon

Love this addition to MB, just one comment though, the volume on individual backdrops seem wildly extreme, some very soft, others loud, is there any way to level the decibels before release - not sure of the process behind the themes or the source material, so apologies if it isn't doeable.

Is this with the theme songs or the theme videos or both?

It is something I plan on looking at, it would involve some ffmpeg transcoding I'm told by tikuf. It's not confirmed as planned but definitely considered!

radeon

In MBC as you enter a tv show it starts playing the theme but if you go back to the list of TV shows it keeps playing the theme from the last item it was on. Is this normal for this plugin? In MBT the theme stops when you leave the item completely.

Ok, so confirm this... at the point you come out, and the theme is still playing, when you move left or right to the next item, does it stop?

Starkadius

Ok, so confirm this... at the point you come out, and the theme is still playing, when you move left or right to the next item, does it stop?

It does not stop, using chocolate theme just to clarify. Tried it on default and NEO as well.

radeon

It does not stop, using chocolate theme just to clarify. Tried it on default and NEO as well.

Hmm, that's not right! Something is a little off here. I shall investigate!

steelman1991

Is this with the theme songs or the theme videos or both?

It is something I plan on looking at, it would involve some ffmpeg transcoding I'm told by tikuf. It's not confirmed as planned but definitely considered!

Sorry should have confirmed - with Movie Theme Videos - haven't grabbed TV Theme Video's yet. Good to know its on the radar.

Great work again.

To confirm I see same behaviour as Yogi on Chocolate theme - works as expected on left/right movement.

Edited by steelman1991

radeon

Well I just tried on Chocolate again and it stops for me when I move left or right.

I was just thinking you said that! @@Starkadius can you just check that again please. :-D

Starkadius

I was just thinking you said that! @@Starkadius can you just check that again please. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08tiSp4zNb4

Two issues are appearing here, the one described about items not stopping when going left or right and the other issue is sometimes the backdrop is restarted when navigating to different seasons of the same show.

radeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08tiSp4zNb4

Two issues are appearing here, the one described about items not stopping when going left or right and the other issue is sometimes the backdrop is restarted when navigating to different seasons of the same show.

Well that's rubbish! haha! What theme is that? Chocolate? Also, is that you in a collection at the start or are you picking items from the ehs? I may have to get you doing some testing for me!

Starkadius

Well that's rubbish! haha! What theme is that? Chocolate? Also, is that you in a collection at the start or are you picking items from the ehs? I may have to get you doing some testing for me!

Yeah this is inside the TV collection and NOT from EHS. Strange that it is working fine for yogi but not on my end.

Edit: sorry, yeah this is Chocolate.

Edited by Starkadius