POWRPROF.dll error

tman

Just updated two installations of ET to 2.04 (one 32-bit Win7, the other 64-bit Win7). Now, when starting ET, they both report;

electron.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point PowerDeterminePlatformRoleEx could not be located in the dynamic link library POWRPROF.dll.

The executable seems to load (it shows in Task Manager), but no GUI shows on the display. You have to kill the process to clear it.

Ideas?

Thanks Luke. Just to clarify here, you don't think there's a problem with the 2.04 build of ET, despite the fact I get this error on TWO different installations?

The version of powrprof.dll in that link is WAY smaller in size than the ones on my system, and much, much older.

I'm assuming, because ET is a 32-bit app, it'll be using the libraries from C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If so, the version of powrprof.dll in that folder is 6.1.7600.16385 and 143k. The version in the link is 6.0.2900.2180 and 17k in size.

I tried a full uninstall/re-install as well. No difference.

nicko84

Thanks Luke. Just to clarify here, you don't think there's a problem with the 2.04 build of ET, despite the fact I get this error on TWO different installations?

The version of powrprof.dll in that link is WAY smaller in size than the ones on my system, and much, much older.

I'm assuming, because ET is a 32-bit app, it'll be using the libraries from C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If so, the version of powrprof.dll in that folder is 6.1.7600.16385 and 143k. The version in the link is 6.0.2900.2180 and 17k in size.

I tried a full uninstall/re-install as well. No difference.

+1

Powrprof.dll already exists in System32 of Windows 7...

I've copy it in Emby Theater/System folder but no way, the same error message appears.

pdav22

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm suddenly having the exact same problem - I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I use Chrome and it works fine.

nicko84

Issue on Windows 7 32 for me (Powrprof.dll error message), and no Chrome installed.

On Windows 10, no error message but a spinning circle when i try to play a movie...and it never works (Crome 49 is installed)

All is good on windows 7 and 10 with the portable previous release.

Edited by nicko84

I notice that github electron issue has been closed. Has it been resolved? Can we expect another ET release with this fixed anytime soon?