Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

Tolotos

The tvheadend interface delivers only one name attribute which is used by the plugin.

In my 4.0.8-3~trusty this attribute contains the value of the name column in the tvh web interface. 

I have no idea how the service names can reach emby.

@@fc7 do you have an idea if your code changes can cause this issue?

The tvheadend interface delivers only one name attribute which is used by the plugin.

In my 4.0.8-3~trusty this attribute contains the value of the name column in the tvh web interface. 

I have no idea how the service names can reach emby.

@@fc7 do you have an idea if your code changes can cause this issue?

I don't think so. The code changes are not modifying the channel part of the url. Just adding the credentials before the hostname part and removing the ticket variable (if the feature is enable).

gstuartj

Thanks for the replies, guys. It could very well be an external issue, I was just wanting to confirm how the plugin works. I'll try and narrow it down later by checking the data Emby's receiving.

dragon2611

How is the plugin likely to behave if it loses connection to the tvHeadend server?

My Emby server runs 24/7, however my Satellite box often gets turned off.

Tolotos

Each method call from Emby checks first if the connection is established.

If not connected it tries to (re)connect and if this fails it delivers a empty result to Emby. 

dragon2611

Ah Cool, Need to set it up again shortly, I removed it temporally after my Sat box (Wetek Play) objected to an unclean shutdown.

Re-flashed the stock android based firmware to the NAND and decided to run OpenElec off the SD card instead 

Only just finished reinstalling openElec/Tvheadend/Emby for Kodi.

Might image the card once TVHeadend has finsihed scanning for channels again (One of the reasons I decided to use a memory card this time)

Channels with Channel Numbers > 999 are not showing in the LiveTV when using TVheadend plugin.

I don't have 1000+ channels - only about 50, but for some reason TVheadend is numbering the channels > 1000.

Should this be the case? 

Thanks,

Neeto

Tolotos

Can you please check if the channel numbers are really numbers - e.g. no trailing space. 

The tvheadend interface is sending integer values - but the tvheadend web-ui allows to enter all characters.

Edited by Tolotos

Can you please check if the channel numbers are really numbers - e.g. no trailing space. 

The tvheadend interface is sending integer values - but the tvheadend web-ui allows to enter all characters.

Will check later tonight, but doesn't look like it on the screen.

I did notice 3 of the channels in TVheadend had a decimal point in the channel number e.g. 37.3243289

Not sure how that's even possible!

I deleted these channels, and restarted but still no good.

Is there a log I can check on the emby-plugin to see what's actually being passed to emby?

I'm thinking it's got something to do with Emby saying on the screen that it's limited to less than 100 channels.

Edited by neeto

rubenverhoef

hi! first of all thanks for all the work, this makes emby my favorite 

I have one problem, when i start a recorded program emby does not start it and sometimes my TVheadend is going to use 100% CPU !

Is this a error you already know?

is it a idea to just link the recorded programs to a folder in stead of streaming it true tvheadend?

LiveTV is working fine!

also, there are no channel logos on emby. at tvheadend i have at the channels a http link to a logo.

Using:

FreeNAS 9.3

tvheadend 4.0.8-0499859

emby 3.0.5821.0

tvheadend plugin: 1.0.5869.39689

Tolotos

@@neeto can you please check with the attached version. I added logging in the channel add code. Hopefully we found the reason for your error. The plugin checks only if the channel number is larger than zero.

@@rubenverhoef This looks for like a transcoding error. The plugin handles for Live-TV and Recordings only the http-url given from tvheadend to emby. Can you try the "Enable live TV subtitles and multiple audio tracks" setting and using the attached plugin version? Maybe we can find some reason for your error too?

-- Tolotos

Edit: Please post the the logs.

Edited by Tolotos

Ok - thanks

Things working fine after renumbering to less than 999, restarting TVheadend, emby server 

When I get a chance I'll clean out TVheadend, rescan, that should give the original channels and will check with the above version & logs.

gstuartj

So I finally got around to doing some testing on my earlier issue with channel names not updating. What I've found is that if you change the channel number in TVHeadend it updates in Emby on the next Guide Refresh, but Emby does not update the channel name if it's changed in TVHeadend. I verified that TVHeadend is sending the correct data, Emby's db just isn't being updated for name changes. That's the only field that I'm aware of that isn't receiving updates.

As a workaround I found that I had to delete the channel entry in TVHeadend, do a guide refresh in Emby, re-add the channel in TVH with the proper name, then do another Emby guide refresh. Since I got it working and have been short on time I haven't looked into the code to investigate further. I also didn't collect logs (I know, I know. :rolleyes: Sorry.), but I could recreate the issue if you'd like them.

Edited by gstuartj

rubenverhoef

@@rubenverhoef This looks for like a transcoding error. The plugin handles for Live-TV and Recordings only the http-url given from tvheadend to emby. Can you try the "Enable live TV subtitles and multiple audio tracks" setting and using the attached plugin version? Maybe we can find some reason for your error too?

@@Tolotos It is a transocoding error i think, see attachment. I have the "Enable live TV subtitles and multiple audio tracks" option enabled. I see no version attached in your post?

transcode log.txt

Edited by rubenverhoef

rubenverhoef

Sorry, I choose the file but not uploaded it :(

The file is now in this post.

-- Tolotos

This is a older release?

I have tested the version but same problem, TVH goes to 100% CPU and emby gives a error.

The strange thing is that TVH goes to 100% CPU, why?!?! EMBY is missing some ffmpeg filters or something, the transcoding log ends with: "Error opening filters!".

Are there filters missing in the ffmpeg installation and are they the main reason of this issue?

log's included.

EmbyLog.txt

EmbyTranscode.txt

Tolotos

The logs shows no plugin errors to me.

As the plugin only handles the url e.g. "http://xxx:xxx@yyyyyy:9981/dvrfile/104209464"received from tvheadend to emby there is nothing we can do.

In my opinion you must ask someone from the ffmpeg https://www.ffmpeg.org/ or tvheadend https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards developers what is the reason of your error.

Neighter EMBY nor the plugin is involved in this behavior.

-- Tolotos

Tolotos

Hi all,

there is a new beta in the catalog which supports picons in png format.

Please test and report if it works for you.

-- Tolotos

johnodon

Is there a way to have the Live TV display the correct channel # for OTA?  For example, I have 4 sub-channels for channel 2 (2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4) but either Emby of the TVH plugin only shows the 'major' channel number (2).  Is this an Emby or TVH plugin issue?

GUroBa9.png

FYI...I am using the latest TVH Beta (Build: 4.1-1566~geeabcd3 (2016-02-25T21:24:06+0000)

Here are my channels as they appear in TVH:

K8ZnVud.png

One last question...

I read earlier in the thread that the path to icon files needs to be HTTP://.  Is this still true?  As  you can see I am not getting any icons.

John

Edited by johnodon

Tolotos

Since protocoll version 13 a minor number is supported.

I'll try to add this into the plugin an add a new verison into the catalog asap.

-- Tolotos

EDIT: A new beta with minor number support is published. Please check and report. Thanks.

Edited by Tolotos

johnodon

Since protocoll version 13 a minor number is supported.

I'll try to add this into the plugin an add a new verison into the catalog asap.

-- Tolotos

EDIT: A new beta with minor number support is published. Please check and report. Thanks.

Thank you for the quick turnaround.

Updated to 1.0.5900.29260 but still no minor channels #s.

John

Tolotos

Hi,

Please let emby and tvheadend run for 24h

It takes some time until emby refreshes all data. 

There is a notification function for the plugins in emby unfortunately the function is currently a null-reference.

The emby developers know if this but currently no fix available as they have lots of other stuff in the queue.

So waiting for at least 24h is currently the only option. Please report if it is not working after 24h.

-- Tolotos

fbartels

Apologies if the following question may have already been asked, I did not read through the whole thread yet.

I am using HTS Tvheadend 4.1-1566~geeabcd3~trusty together with an FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB‑C (configured to connect over Sat>IP) and have to questions in regards to your Emby plugin.

1) in tvheadend all epg data shows up, but in Emby the data for one of the channels (the german ProSieben) is missing. Is this already known? Is there something specific in the logs I should look for?

2) tvheadend now also supports direct transcoding to some formats (for streaming and/or recording). What would you recommend, just passing the regular stream data to Emby and let Emby do the transcoding, or have you already experimented with the formats Tvheadend supports to avoid transcoding im Emby? 

Tolotos

1) Is the ProSieben channel visible as channel?

The latest betas have removed much logging around the channel and events stuff. Please use the attached version which has readded the logging. 

Search for Lines around "[TVHclient] ChannelDataHelper: Adding channel" containing the name ProSieben.

Use the "ProSieben" channelID found here to search for lines around "[TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: add event" containing the channelID of "ProSieben". 

2) I would prefer to transcode with Emby as transcoding can be very CPU intensive. If you have high CPU on your recoding machine it is possible you get broken recordings. Maybe you can check the ffmpeg version of Emby and TVHeadend and use the newer one for transcoding.

TVHeadEnd.zip

• Like 1

johnodon

Hi,

Please let emby and tvheadend run for 24h

It takes some time until emby refreshes all data. 

There is a notification function for the plugins in emby unfortunately the function is currently a null-reference.

The emby developers know if this but currently no fix available as they have lots of other stuff in the queue.

So waiting for at least 24h is currently the only option. Please report if it is not working after 24h.

-- Tolotos

Still no minor channels #s.

John