Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

freebs

anyone running this under Ubuntu trusty ?

I get no guide no channels... Status says ok and Up to date!

HTS Tvheadend 3.9.2827~g477feab~trusty

HTSP protokoll version: 20

Free diskspace: 388GB / 450GB

checkmarkgreen.png Up to date!

Tolotos

@@freebs Only channels with a number (no character or space) are displayed. Please check if you have setup channel number in the tvheadend configuration page. 

freebs

you mean the name or the number.. my numbers are just that, but channel names are a combo of both.

082LAX2.png

Edited by freebs

Tolotos

@@freebs I think I identified the problem. Can you please check the attached version. Please let me know if solves your problem so I can release this change to the catalog.

- Tolotos

TVHeadEnd.zip

freebs

new to Emby, how would I install this...

I copied the dll to plugin folder.. where does the pbd file go ?

Thanks!

I see, it's a backup file created in Windows.

I guess I have no need for it.

latest version you gave me 1.0.5604.36619 gives the same result, if I'm correct about the install.

I can see my recordings and that's all.

here is the latest log with your version of tvHeadEnd. Log

Edited by freebs

Tolotos

@@freebs Please copy both files of the attached version into the Plugins folder and post the log. The .pdb files contains debug informations. 

TVHeadEnd.zip

Tolotos

@@freebs The log doesn't contain my new logging. But I found this line:

2015-05-24 11:22:18.3505 Info - App: New plugin installed: TVHeadEnd 1.0.5607.25877 Release

This means Emby is overriding the manual copied newer version with the latest of the catalog. 

I uploaded the dll as a DEV build into the catalog. Please choose the DEV version from the plugin catalog and try again.

- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos

freebs

Oh nice.. further along..

Guide is now populated along with the icons .. awesome !!

Channels all show but they won't play anything.. SD or HD.

here is my log ... Emby_log  Used google drive.. pastbin/hastebin both say it's too long.

Oh and my Tuner still doesn't show. I'm using a Skywalker-1 USB Tuner. perhaps that might be a reason for no channel.

Also in TvHeadend.. I see no client "test" connecting at all.

Here is my transcode log as well. See server error returned here.

Thanks again for all this - I owe you a beer or two or three  lol.

Edited by freebs

Tolotos

@@freebs

Ok, I see 39 channels which has no service information (HDTV, SDTV or Radio) these channels are skipped.

The tuner list in Emby is not filled up by the plugin as different TV-cards are delivering the data in a not deterministic format.

The tuner info is mixed up from tvheadend with the channel info and there is no possibility to check when the tuner info ends and the channel info starts.

The error on playback is a http 503 error from your tvheadend server.

Emby is calling e.g. http://localhost:9981/stream/channelid/1479537393?ticket=63DA09DAA89E1761B13509608E6586FA7523289B which results in the 503. 

For his error you must open a call the tvheadend forum. 

I'll releasing a new release version of the plugin with the same functionality but without the excessive logging in a few minutes. Please update to this version to save lots of space on your hard drive.

-- Tolotos 

Edited by Tolotos

MrGrymReaper

How would I go about setting up and installing this plugin under Debian Linux 8.0 please?

gstuartj

Hi @@Tolotos, thanks for the work you've put into the TVHeadend plugin. I've been anticipating the release of a Linux PVR plugin and it's much appreciated.

I, too, am running into an issue where I get nothing but a blank guide and channel list. I was hoping you could help me troubleshoot. On startup the plugin is loaded successfully and starts importing the channels, but fails and leaves an error like the following in the log for each channel.

2015-05-29 10:33:19.7211 Error - App: [TVHclient] ChannelDataHelper: unkown service type 'Other'.
2015-05-29 10:33:19.7211 Error - App: [TVHclient] ChannelDataHelper: unable to detect service-type from service list:
HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    channelId : 11
    channelNumber : 110
    channelName : ABC - WCPO
    eventId : 10120
    nextEventId : 10122
    services : 
HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    name : Kworld USB/521,028 kHz
    type : Other
  </dump>

tags : 
    method : channelAdd
  </dump>

In TVHeadend all services were automatically added with the default type of "Other (0x0000)," I have not changed this from the defaults, and it seems to work fine with Kodi. Is this a problem I need to correct in my TVHeadend configuration, or is it a bug in the plugin?

Thanks

Edited by gstuartj

gstuartj

Looks like the switch block starting on line 151 in DataHelper/ChannelDataHelper.cs is missing a case for "Other." I'd patch it and do a pull request, but I don't know enough about TVHeadend to say with certainty whether "Other" should always be assumed to be a TV channel. (Nor do I have a .NET build environment set up.)

Tolotos

@@gstuartj Please test the new dev version 1.0.5628.29938 in the catalog. There is a new setting for the channel type to use for 'Other'.

But the best way is to set the correct channel type in tvheadend.

-- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

gstuartj

@@Tolotos Dev release 1.0.5628.29938 is working great with the new setting, thanks!

But the best way is to set the correct channel type in tvheadend.

Agreed, though I'm still unsure of how to go about doing so. I didn't find a way to set the service type in TVHeadend after detection. I also suspect this could be a rare edge case relating to my cheap USB tuner or something. Thanks again for updating it.

gstuartj

@@Tolotos I spoke a little too soon. The guide and channel lists are all being populated correctly now, but all services are being imported as SD channels rather than HD. This results in HD channels being cropped to 4:3 during transcoding.

I do have a mix of SD and HD services, all of which are tagged "Other." If they were all imported as HD would Emby handle an SD stream gracefully? If not then that could complicate this.

In the meantime I'll ask around about changing service types within TVHeadend.

Update: My mistake

Edited by gstuartj

gstuartj

According to the TvHeadend docs:

• Type
    Type of service [as given in the DVB stream]. Can not be changed

Seems changing that field would require patching TvHeadend to work in an unintended way.

Edited by gstuartj

Tolotos

Thank for the response. I made it now a official release.

You should be able to create "Channel Tags" in the TVHeadend configuration page. My plugin works with "SDTV", "HDTV" and "Radio". These tags can be assigned to the channels.

EDIT: SD and HD TV are not divided by Emby. The transcoding service will recognize the correct type.

-- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos

gstuartj

EDIT: SD and HD TV are not divided by Emby. The transcoding service will recognize the correct type.

-- Tolotos

You're right. I thought that was true from my glance at the code, but I was still getting SD content. Turns out I was just being dumb. There was paid programming on two of my HD test channels that was being broadcast in 4:3. :rolleyes: Sorry! Thanks again for the help.

Edited by gstuartj
  • Like 1

freebs

I am still getting 503 errors trying to connect - I upgraded to 4.0.4-5 hoping it was tvheadened error.

I've noted below the username when using dvr, which works perfectly fine. Can you tell me what that means?

Jun  2 20:06:28 HTPC tvheadend[1191]: http: 127.0.0.1: using ticket 22C345D8FB9D90861BEEB71CA883498C5A79526A for /dvrfile/1711558383

Jun  2 20:06:28 HTPC tvheadend[1191]: subscription: 0039: "HTTP" unsubscribing, hostname="127.0.0.1", username="Lavf/56.25.101"
Jun  2 20:06:28 HTPC tvheadend[1191]: http: 127.0.0.1: using ticket 22C345D8FB9D90861BEEB71CA883498C5A79526A for /dvrfile/1711558383
Jun  2 20:06:38 HTPC tvheadend[1191]: subscription: 003A: "HTTP" unsubscribing, hostname="127.0.0.1", username="Lavf/56.25.101"

P.S I've posted on tvheadend  forums and have never gotten a reply.