Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

I´ve a weird problem with the epg from one channel. The epg source is over the air and all channels have valid epg within tvheadend. but in emby there is one channel (n-tv) without epg. the problem exists now for 5 days.

The channels are marked as SDTV,HDTV and there is a channel number - any ideas to fix this?

Tolotos

I´ve a weird problem with the epg from one channel. The epg source is over the air and all channels have valid epg within tvheadend. but in emby there is one channel (n-tv) without epg. the problem exists now for 5 days.

The channels are marked as SDTV,HDTV and there is a channel number - any ideas to fix this?

Hi Antropy,

Can you please check with the attached version of the plugin? 

I added some logging to the channel event queries.  

Please check the log file for lines like:

• [TVHclient] GetProgramsAsync, call canceled or timed out - returning empty list.
  • [TVHclient] GetProgramsAsync, ask TVH for events of channel <channelID>  
  • [TVHclient] GetProgramsAsync, timeout during call for events of channel <channelID>  
  • [TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: start value of event larger query stop value - skipping!
  • [TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: no start value for event - skipping!
  • [TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: stop value of event smaller query start value - skipping!
  • [TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: no stop value for event - skipping!

-- Tolotos

TVHeadEnd.zip

Hi Tolotos,

thank you for your help.

I added the debug plugin release and restarted emby. The i triggered and epg sync.

There are many entries in the log but no timeouts so far. There are some weird Entries, but that seems to come from another channel so far.

Do you have an Idea?

emby_tvh_plugin.txt

Tolotos

Hi Antropy, 

I can't find any suspect things in the log. 

The attached version logs channel creation (to get the channelID of N-TV) and every event which is added to emby. 

The created log will be huge!

Please add the plugin, refresh the guide and switch back to the old plugin version after the refresh is finished. 

My test log is around 40MB so we need another place to share the log as the board can only attach 10MB. 

-- Tolotos

TVHeadEnd.zip

Tolotos, on 23 Oct 2015 - 8:59 PM, said:

Are the new channels tagged with the correct values (SDTV,HDTV,Radio) ? 

Sorry for my late answer: yes there are. Actualy, after an emby server restart (and maybe few hours), new channels have been added.

Tolotos

Hi Tolotos,

plugin installed, restarted emby and epg is refreshed.

The log is around 18MB in my case. I´d found the channelID and the epg request for this channel. But there is no logged response from tvheadend - strange.

https://www.majuya.de/files/server-63582042962.txt

- Antropy

Hi Antropy,

This can be caused by 3 things:

1) TVH is not responding data for N-TV

2) The received data is corrupt  

3) We are running in an timeout for the query which is not logged

I create a new version for test. Sorry about this, but the error is really strange.

-- Tolotos

TVHeadEnd.zip

Tolotos

Hi Antropy,

we have the error now:

1) We ask TVH for the channels and get:
    channelId : 201367061
    channelName : n-tv
2) We ask TVH for the events (EPG) for channel 201367061 and get:
    error : Channel does not exist

I have no idea what is the reason of this error. Which version of TVH do you use? 

-- Tolotos

Tolotos

Hi Antropy, 

Can you please post this issue at the TVH forum? 

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/board

They may ask for TVH server logs or something else so if I'm the man in the middle it will not work. 

You can post my comment about the not existing channel at EPG query.

If they want details about my implementation please notify my and I'll join your thread in the forum.

-- Tolotos  

Tolotos

Hi Andi_bz,

the plugin works for me with 4.0.5 except the series timer. These weren't part of the 3.x TVH version against my implementation started some month ago. 

The series timer will come but I need some spare time which is currently very rare. 

Your missing epg entries may cause on the same behavior Antropy have with his 4.0.7. TVH sends the available channels with a channelID.

If the plugin now asks TVH to give the EGP entries (events) for a channel it receive an "Channel does not exist" error. 

Antropy started a TVH bug report (see post #187) for this issue. 

If have a change to go back to 4.0.5 give it a try. 

-- Tolotos

• 3 weeks later...
Tolotos

Hi jleckenby

there was an issue in the past with Emby as it doesn't send an user-agent in the http requests and some sites does't respond on such requests. This is fixed since some month. Maybe you are using an older Emby version? 

I remember there was an other issue that Emby not overwrite icons if one was loaded in the past. Are there no icons or the wrong?

-- Tolotos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tolotos

My version is now 4.0.5 and i have removed the webroot settings. There is no EPG and no channel under the live tv view ob emby. Any suggestions?

Tolotos

Hi Andi_by,

can you please use the attched version of the plugin and post the log again. 

I'm confused about your log messages.

My Emby 3.0.5781.4 logs:

2015-12-07 22:33:12.8394 Info App: Refreshing guide with 14 days of guide data

2015-12-07 22:33:12.8550 Info App: [TVHclient] GetProgramsAsync, ask TVH for events of channel '3393982'.

but in your logs it is

1. 2015-12-07 21:59:30.6962 Debug App: Refreshing guide from Emby
  2. 2015-12-07 21:59:30.7114 Info App: Refreshing guide with 14 days of guide data
  3. 2015-12-07 21:59:30.7114 Debug App: Refreshing guide from TVHclient

But no call to my plugin.

Did you add some sources for the EPG?
Can you please post a screenshot of your Emby Live-TV page?

Yours Tolotos 

PS: My Ubuntu system updated tvheadend to 4.0.7 and it works without troubles.

TVHeadEnd.zip

Edited by Tolotos

Hi

http://pastebin.com/tnNbnBeh

I don't have any other source of epg than standard tvheadend. 

Very stranger behavior

Thanks

Edit

Its working now. I had not set the channel number in the tvheadend settings. This was handled by kodi as client specific channel order.

Thank you

post-23958-0-12095000-1449527030_thumb.png

post-23958-0-36249700-1449527033_thumb.png

post-23958-0-01880800-1449527035_thumb.png

post-23958-0-11968900-1449527037_thumb.png

Edited by Andi_bz

Tolotos

Hi Andi_bz,

your log contains only this relevant lines:

1. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5359 Info App: [TVHclient] LiveTvService()
  2. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5374 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler()
  3. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5493 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.createHTSConnection()
  4. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5513 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection: Used connection parameters: TVH Server = '127.0.0.1'; HTTP Port = '9981'; HTSP Port = '9982'; User = 'andi'; Password set = 'True'
  5. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5524 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '127.0.0.1:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetwork'
  6. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5534 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: socket connected.
  7. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5703 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: start
  8. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5905 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: authenticated = True
  9. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5905 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection: connection established True
  10. 2015-12-07 23:14:31.5930 Fatal App: [TVHclient] sendDataSourceChanged 1

This is only the startup of the plugin. 

Can you please trigger "Refresh Guide" in the "Scheduled Tasks" (German: Geplante Aufgaben) and send the log after the progress bar show it's finished?

-- Tolotos

The logs are whit pressed button "Refresh Guide". The problem was that no channel numbers have been entered in tvheadend.

Now the plugin is working without problems. Thank you