Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

Can someone tell me where the log file for emby is located?

I am having an issue with my tuners showing up.

it's displayed on the front page of the server dashboard.

Tolotos

Hi

What profile settings do I need in TVH for my emby user - streaming, advanced streaming etc...

thx

Hi,

you need to set check all but not admin.

-- Tolotos

Tolotos

Can someone tell me where the log file for emby is located?

I am having an issue with my tuners showing up.

Hi,

tuners are not listed as tvheadend delivers the tuner information as one streing together with the current channel name and there is now way to device the both correctly for all tuners.

-- Tolotos

Hi,

As I wrote in post 92 this issue can not be solved through the plugin. 

Emby code must be changed to send an user agent in the HTTP header. 

http://logos.xmltv.se changed their service to bann requests without this meta data.

-- Tolotos 

Assuming any user agent is OK, then I'm updating the core to provide one. If needs a specific value though then I'd rather just give you a way to specify it.

Tolotos

Hi @@Luke,

I tried "Emby" as user agent and it worked with the logos.xmltv.se site. But using an existing user agent string would make it harder to ban emby. 

Making it configurable like "Existing user agent / own string" would be nice. 

-- Tolotos

I have several recordings listed as "active recordings" that have finished days and weeks ago. I think this issue started after installing tvheadend version 4.0.4.

So far I've tried reset both emby and tvheadend server, upgraded emby to dev version and upgraded tvheadend to version 4.0.5. Problem remains.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying tvheadend plugin (1.0.5628) with TVheadend 4.0.5-21. Connection looks ok as I can read the following status on the “Live TV” parameter page:

HTS Tvheadend 4.0.5-21~gd8bd6fb

HTSP protokoll version: 20

Free diskspace: 35GB / 38GB

checkmarkgreen.png À jour!

Etat: Ok

But the "Refresh Guide Data" button is not present.

On TVHeadend "Connections” Page, I can see a running HTSP Connection for Emby as well.

My issue is that Emby is not showing any Live TV channel... And TV guide is empty.

Did I miss something ?

By the way, TVHeadend and Kodi are working perfectly together... And I correctly filled channel tags (HDTV, SDTV) and numbers.

Edited by nague

gstuartj

I'm trying tvheadend plugin (1.0.5628) with TVheadend 4.0.5-21. Connection looks ok as I can read the following status on the “Live TV” parameter page:

Did I miss something ?

It's awesome that we have the TvHeadend plugin now, but it doesn't support the unstable 4.x branch of TVH. It's also only been tested with stable versions up to 3.4.27 as far as I know. I'm currently having the same issue with 3.4.28, actually, though I'm pretty sure it was working fine on this version before.

It can be made to work, but between the issues with the TVH project itself, the Emby plugin developer's time limitations, etc, if I were recommending a live TV setup to a Linux user today I might have to tell them to just buy an HDHomerun. It's the most popular and has the best support.

Edited by gstuartj

im85288

Working fine for 3.9 iterations of TV HeadEnd...but maybe good advice above although I'm not so sure how applicable that is for users in Europe/UK as there still seems to not be a device from HDHomeRun capable of running the DVB-S2 network :(

• Like 1

isn't 4.0 from stable branch now ? I get version 4.x from tvheadends ubuntu stable repository.

@@KRA I'm planning to update my TV-server to the stable 4.0.x tvheadend release in the next weeks. After this I'll start to implement the HTSP version 20 which is the base of the 4.x releases.

The current plugin uses HTSP version 10. At opening the connection the client (my plugin) sends his HTSP version to the server and he should (tvheadend documentation) response with the highest possible HTSP version both can use to communicate. Therefore the result from the 4.x servers should be 10 and not 20 as in the above posts is written. This looks like another issue the tvheadend guys don't implement what they wrote in the documentation.  

-- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@KRA I'm planning to update my TV-server to the stable 4.0.x tvheadend release in the next weeks. After this I'll start to implement the HTSP version 20 which is the base of the 4.x releases.

The current plugin uses HTSP version 10. At opening the connection the client (my plugin) sends his HTSP version to the server and he should (tvheadend documentation) response with the highest possible HTSP version both can use to communicate. Therefore the result from the 4.x servers should be 10 and not 20 as in the above posts is written. This looks like another issue the tvheadend guys don't implement what they wrote in the documentation.  

-- Tolotos

Dear Tolotos

Thanks for your plugin it is very useful. At the beginning I started with the version 4.1 of TVH, but I had a lot of problems to having the tv-turner working and also your plugin was not working. Reading your post I have discovered that actually your plugin works ony for the version 3.4.x of TVH. Unfortunately your comment on the first release of plugin states that it is working for the version 4.3.x of TVH, I guess that you inverted the first 2 digit (see attached screenshot).

560ecca90cc8f_TvHeadend.png

Beside that I'm very happy now with the version 3.4.27 of TVH. It is very stable I was able to quickly configure the TV-turner, now TVH is able to scan the channelds and discover all the services while doing that with the version 4.1 was a problem. My impression is that the version 4.x is still unstable and that all the features of the version 3.4 has not been fully ported yet or has not been well tested. My suggestion to the users that want install THV is to stay with the version 3.4 till the version 4.x becomes more stable, if the new features implemented in the 4.x are not really necessary. If you are planning to upgrade the plugin to work with the version 4.x please pay attention to not broke the compatibility with the version 3.4.27 since I think to use it for a lot of time...

Thanks

Edited by Dan64

@@Dan64

One should keep in mind that 4.1 is "unstable" branch, and 4.0.5 is considered stable. You went tried the development branch, you will most likely run into problems, although I've ran development for a long time before 4.0 was released and had minimal issues.

Also the DVB backend is completely rewritten from 3.4 to 4.0, as such installing 3.4 is not an option for me since it don't even support all my tuners. And I believe this is the case for several new tuners, maybe also issue for network tuners ?

rubenverhoef

no channels, nothing...

connection is okay:

Externe diensten

TVHclient

HTS Tvheadend 3.9.20140806-6d19440

HTSP protokoll version: 12

Free diskspace: 53046GB / 55094GB

checkmarkgreen.png Up to date!

i see nothing special in the logs (see attached)

Screen of tvheadend:

56141af954a56_Capture.png

Screen emby:

56141b5b149f0_Capture.png

Log.txt

rubenverhoef

no channels, nothing...

connection is okay:

Externe diensten

TVHclient

HTS Tvheadend 3.9.20140806-6d19440

HTSP protokoll version: 12

Free diskspace: 53046GB / 55094GB

checkmarkgreen.png Up to date!

i see nothing special in the logs (see attached)

Screen of tvheadend:

56141af954a56_Capture.png

Screen emby:

56141b5b149f0_Capture.png

Woow! after one day it works... strange..

im85288

Emby caches the logos locally so does not pick up the changes :(

@@Luke is aware of this. The only way I managed to get it to refresh my logos was with a fresh install of Emby.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am testing to replace my old Mediaportal backend with TVHeadend and this very nice Plugin actually.

It is working great so far aside from I have no thumbnails for the recordings within emby? Is there something i can change to get this thumbnails generated?

@Antropy No thumbnails for me neither.

I've just added new channels in tvheadend but I can't manage to refresh channel list in emby... Any idea? I've waited 2 days already ;-)

Tolotos

I've just added new channels in tvheadend but I can't manage to refresh channel list in emby... Any idea? I've waited 2 days already ;-)

Are the new channels tagged with the correct values (SDTV,HDTV,Radio) ?