Jump to content
radeon

Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

Recommended Posts

Spaceboy
16 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

Also they exist in the folder backdrops :

image.thumb.png.4f8113cf24c21c77e3be7abbadd3d9c7.png

no files tbf anywhere ....

do you just have all your movies in one folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
9 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

do you just have all your movies in one folder?

this action movies yes ..for each category i have a folder ..and in each folder u have this backdrops folder ..example Adventure:

image.thumb.png.f5176f9e4a11704be4b31216a74ddfa7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaceboy
2 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

this action movies yes ..for each category i have a folder ..and in each folder u have this backdrops folder ..example Adventure:

image.thumb.png.f5176f9e4a11704be4b31216a74ddfa7.png

but the movie files themselves are all just in Adventure UHD and Action UHD. they are not in subfolders below that folder. like this image.thumb.png.55618b3548c13e7999ec517edcda00fe.png

if so i don't think this plugin is going to work for you unless you reorganise to a structure like mine above. the problem is currently there is no way for emby to know which of the movies the themes you are showing me relate to. the backdrops folder needs to be in a subfolder to a movie that is itself in a single folder. like this

image.thumb.png.5c2abdb215405b704412894249c3b47c.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Painkiller8818
Posted (edited)

@radeon i recorgnized it isn't working for movies with versions:
grafik.png.39ed2f2d419470aa6203db17d96fc003.png

In Emby i just see 1 Movie and there i can choose my version, on all movies like that it isn't playing the theme.

EDIT: Ok it seems to be another Problem, i have a lot of theme.mp3 in the movie folders which don't get played. Others play like they should. What could this be?
I already refreshed the metadata for some of this movies but this didn't resolve the problem so i run the scheduled task again but it is like the theme.mp3 of some movies aren't recorgnized. If i play them with VLC they run normally.

Also for the effected movies the theme isn't playing on my TV.

Edited by Painkiller8818

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007

wait a second you are telling me that for each movie i need to build a folder?????

So if i have 12000 movies ..i need tro create 12000 folders and move all the artwork \nfo and theme inside?😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaceboy
wait a second you are telling me that for each movie i need to build a folder?????
So if i have 12000 movies ..i need tro create 12000 folders and move all the artwork \nfo and theme inside?[emoji32]

That’s the recommended structure yep. There are tools that will do this automatically. File2foldergui, filebot I think does the same. But this plugin is not going work unless you have all movies in their own folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007

wait a second you are telling me that for each movie i need to build a folder?????

So if i have 12000 movies ..i need to create 12000 folders and move all the artwork \nfo and theme inside?😨

EMBY does not know to check the folders and see which theme and movie and correlate it ? 

Does EMBY and Themes Video Plugin Owner @radeon understands that in 2020 nobody will build thousands of folders for their library loolllll 

What we are in the 70's?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
14 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:


That’s the recommended structure yep. There are tools that will do this automatically. File2foldergui, filebot I think does the same. But this plugin is not going work unless you have all movies in their own folder

This tool File2foldergui will take all the files (movies\thumbnails \nfo\artwork) and put the movies in one folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaceboy
15 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

wait a second you are telling me that for each movie i need to build a folder?????

So if i have 12000 movies ..i need to create 12000 folders and move all the artwork \nfo and theme inside?😨

EMBY does not know to check the folders and see which theme and movie and correlate it ? 

Does EMBY and Themes Video Plugin Owner @radeon understands that in 2020 nobody will build thousands of folders for their library loolllll 

What we are in the 70's?

 

emby will work with that structure.

But, had you employed a little brain power it would have been obvious that this structure couldnt work with a plugin like this. do you see any identifying features in the theme files you currently have? no, so how would you expect emby to be able to correlate it.

perhaps a little bit of reading would have been helpful https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaceboy
6 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

This tool File2foldergui will take all the files (movies\thumbnails \nfo\artwork) and put the movies in one folder?

if you are just moving media files then file2foldergui would work and is very simple. but if you want to move all the accompanying files then you need something more complex. i think filebot does it but ive never used it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

emby will work with that structure.

But, had you employed a little brain power it would have been obvious that this structure couldnt work with a plugin like this. do you see any identifying features in the theme files you currently have? no, so how would you expect emby to be able to correlate it.

perhaps a little bit of reading would have been helpful https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179

In my perfect world and also logical one ...what im  expecting is when u install a plugin that cost 10$ ,the plugin to download the theme (audio and video) and rename it  like the main file (movie ) 

and then emby comes ..scan and make it work..

Make Sense ? 

I know that links ..but in 2020 (again) im expecting some kind of code behavior that doesn't require the user to change every file in his library (movie,image,artwork,thumbnail,theme video,theme song ,tif ,bif and so on  ) looolll 

Look at plex...beside the movie name ..i didn't download nothing ..0 ..and i have thumbnails ,nfo,theme video ,theme sound and so on ..

Emby can be the number one Media Library out there  if they want ..They need more money for coders ?No problem ..make emby better and raise the monthly payment 10-15$ ..thats it ...lets say u will have 10000 premiere users (thats 100k US DOLLAR) ..u know how many coders in europe u can hire with that ?i think half a country ...

ps:I convince already 10 people to join emby premiere ..because really i think is amazing 

 

Edited by bugmafia007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
1 minute ago, Spaceboy said:

if you are just moving media files then file2foldergui would work and is very simple. but if you want to move all the accompanying files then you need something more complex. i think filebot does it but ive never used it

 I want to cry now ....

🎶SUPERMYEON🎶 on Twitter: "This will be forever a classic meme ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radeon
3 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

In my perfect world and also logical one ...what im  expecting is when u install a plugin that cost 10$ ,the plugin to download the theme (audio and video) and rename it  like the main file (movie ) 

and then emby comes ..scan and make it work..

Make Sense ? 

I know that links ..but in 2020 (again) im expecting some kind of code behavior that doesn't require the user to change every file in his library (movie,image,artwork,thumbnail,theme video,theme song ,tif ,bif and so on  ) looolll 

Look at plex...beside the movie name ..i didn't download nothing ..0 ..and i have thumbnails ,nfo,theme video ,theme sound and so on ..

Emby can be the number one Media Library out there  if they want ..They need more money for coders ?No problem ..make emby better and raise the monthly payment 10-15$ ..thats it ...lets say u will have 10000 premiere users (thats 100k US DOLLAR) ..u know how many coders in europe u can hire with that ?i think half a country ...

ps:I convince already 10 people to join emby premiere ..because really i think is amazing 

 

Looks like the frustrations are a little misdirected, I appreciate the situation however I have to put the themes where emby expects to see them. Its out of my control.

 

I don't personally get why you wouldn't want each movie and their relevant files all in their own folder. Your structure sounds like hell to me but preference is preference, nothing I can do with this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radeon
4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

@radeon i recorgnized it isn't working for movies with versions:
grafik.png.39ed2f2d419470aa6203db17d96fc003.png

In Emby i just see 1 Movie and there i can choose my version, on all movies like that it isn't playing the theme.

EDIT: Ok it seems to be another Problem, i have a lot of theme.mp3 in the movie folders which don't get played. Others play like they should. What could this be?
I already refreshed the metadata for some of this movies but this didn't resolve the problem so i run the scheduled task again but it is like the theme.mp3 of some movies aren't recorgnized. If i play them with VLC they run normally.

Also for the effected movies the theme isn't playing on my TV.

No reason versioned movies wouldn't be supported. I just ask emby server to give me a list of movies with missing themes and work my way through that list.

As for playback, you'll have to check with the client creator as I don't have any impact or control over the playback, that's all controlled by the playback client you're using. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
2 hours ago, radeon said:

Looks like the frustrations are a little misdirected, I appreciate the situation however I have to put the themes where emby expects to see them. Its out of my control.

 

I don't personally get why you wouldn't want each movie and their relevant files all in their own folder. Your structure sounds like hell to me but preference is preference, nothing I can do with this one. 

No frustration here ..just trying to understand .nothing else ..give u a good example of plex ..but i guess that yes ,apparently the only option  that EMBY and the plugin has , in 2020 ,for the user to be able to have a theme video, is to create a folder for each movie .(in my case almost 15000 ) ...so i  think i will wait until 2030 ,maybe technology will improve and besides flying cars  and travelling to the moon ,we will have some software that does THEMES VIDEO  , without any Human Interference 🤣 

ps: I hope that this will go out before the corona cure ..🖖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
8 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

but the movie files themselves are all just in Adventure UHD and Action UHD. they are not in subfolders below that folder. like this image.thumb.png.55618b3548c13e7999ec517edcda00fe.png

if so i don't think this plugin is going to work for you unless you reorganise to a structure like mine above. the problem is currently there is no way for emby to know which of the movies the themes you are showing me relate to. the backdrops folder needs to be in a subfolder to a movie that is itself in a single folder. like this

image.thumb.png.5c2abdb215405b704412894249c3b47c.png

wait a second ..did u create all this folders besides the movie  ,i mean trailers,scenes,extrafanrt one by one? 😨

btw nice library ..i wish to have it like this ,for me unfortunately it's to late to make it like this ..way to many movies ..Next Life maybe or when someone will create a better software that can do this simple task with no user intervention whatsoever .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radeon
8 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

No frustration here ..just trying to understand .nothing else ..give u a good example of plex ..but i guess that yes ,apparently the only option  that EMBY and the plugin has , in 2020 ,for the user to be able to have a theme video, is to create a folder for each movie .(in my case almost 15000 ) ...so i  think i will wait until 2030 ,maybe technology will improve and besides flying cars  and travelling to the moon ,we will have some software that does THEMES VIDEO  , without any Human Interference 🤣 

ps: I hope that this will go out before the corona cure ..🖖

Since when did it become "on trend" to have 15k of movies and their metadata in one folder?! Just change your downloader to put files in folders FFS. You sound like you're coming from 1980 when folders didn't exist?! 

I see fa benefit to having all of your media in one folder like you do?!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
2 minutes ago, radeon said:

Since when did it become "on trend" to have 15k of movies and their metadata in one folder?! Just change your downloader to put files in folders FFS. You sound like you're coming from 1980 when folders didn't exist?! 

I see fa benefit to having all of your media in one folder like you do?!

i dont have one folder lol

I have a folder for each movie genre ..example 

action -one folder 

adventure-second folder

sci-fi -third folder

drama -fifth folder 

and so on ...

i organized all my movies by GENRE ..and that's around 12-15 folders 

ps : most of my movies(90%) are owned bluray  disks (yeah around 12-14000) that now im digital-zing them to my pc (no more place in the house 😁)

and i love folders man and also for them to be organized ..but now to create 15 000 of them ?? Dammm...no 🤣🤣

Lets wait for 2030 ,i have a good feeling that until then, someone will find an easier solution for us humans  were time is such a valuable thing .

Imagine .....the future ......2030.........flying cars.....Elon Mask on the Moon already.......and ....boom......one software ..recognizes  the name of the movie ......downloading the  theme\song \subs\art work\thumbnails automatically  ...and the only question that the user needs to answer is :

"Were to add the files sir?" 

Dammm ....... What a man can wish for more ? U tell me ..😆

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radeon
8 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

i dont have one folder lol

I have a folder for each movie genre ..example 

action -one folder 

adventure-second folder

sci-fi -third folder

drama -fifth folder 

and so on ...

i organized all my movies by GENRE ..and that's around 12-15 folders 

ps : most of my movies(90%) are owned bluray  disks (yeah around 12-14000) that now im digital-zing them to my pc (no more place in the house 😁)

and i love folders man and also for them to be organized ..but now to create 15 000 of them ?? Dammm...no 🤣🤣

Lets wait for 2030 ,i have a good feeling that until then, someone will find an easier solution for us humans  were time is such a valuable thing .

Imagine .....the future ......2030.........flying cars.....Elon Mask on the Moon already.......and ....boom......one software ..recognizes  the name of the movie ......downloading the  theme\song \subs\art work\thumbnails automatically  ...and the only question that the user needs to answer is :

"Were to add the files sir?" 

Dammm ....... What a man can wish for more ? U tell me ..😆

 

If you spent half as much time learning to use an app to move them to folders than you did writing sarcastic posts then you'd probably have it done by now. Honestly, I find it hard to imagine you having 15k of UHD films. If you're doing direct rips at say 60gb a go, that's 900TB of storage. 

Who's Elon Mask anyway? Musk's arch nemesis? 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
5 minutes ago, radeon said:

If you spent half as much time learning to use an app to move them to folders than you did writing sarcastic posts then you'd probably have it done by now. Honestly, I find it hard to imagine you having 15k of UHD films. If you're doing direct rips at say 60gb a go, that's 900TB of storage. 

Who's Elon Mask anyway? Musk's arch nemesis? 😂😂

Lol i dont have 15k movies UHD..90% of them are bluray ...But lest say i decide to create for all my movies a folder ..how do u recommend  should i move all the data ?

Example ,imagine a folder (action movies) and inside 2000 files ,500 movies(mkv) and 1500 (art\thumbnails  and so on ) .

 im using file2folder to create the movie folders and move the movies there (automation yeahh) ,but how i can move all my 1500 fanart \thumbnails also ...not manually ? 

PS: u still didnt answer my messages (look inbox) i want to purchase a plugin ...and have some questions 

PS2: Elon Mask is the next USA President  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, bugmafia007 said:

Lol i dont have 15k movies UHD..90% of them are bluray ...But lest say i decide to create for all my movies a folder ..how do u recommend  should i move all the data ?

Example ,imagine a folder (action movies) and inside 2000 files ,500 movies(mkv) and 1500 (art\thumbnails  and so on ) .

 im using file2folder to create the movie folders and move the movies there (automation yeahh) ,but how i can move all my 1500 fanart \thumbnails also ...not manually ? 

PS: u still didnt answer my messages (look inbox) i want to purchase a plugin ...and have some questions 

PS2: Elon Mask is the next USA President  😁

Forget about the thumbnails etc. if you analyze the library again they will be exported again with the exact cover and thumbnail etc the movie has set.

If you change your emby Metadata folder to something different, the files doesn't need to be right beside the movies at all, i have the metadata as a seperate folder on my NAS so i never lose them even if i change the path of my movies :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
3 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Forget about the thumbnails etc. if you analyze the library again they will be exported again with the exact cover and thumbnail etc the movie has set.

If you change your emby Metadata folder to something different, the files doesn't need to be right beside the movies at all, i have the metadata as a seperate folder on my NAS so i never lose them even if i change the path of my movies :)

But i want my Themes Video ..and doing that is the only solution according to @radeon  in 2020 :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Painkiller8818
2 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

But i want my Themes Video ..and doing that is the only solution according to @radeon  in 2020 :( 

Do you have downloaded them all on your own? Otherwhise they also will get downloaded again with these plugins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007
1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Do you have downloaded them all on your own? Otherwhise they also will get downloaded again with these plugins.

😨 what do u meannnnnn ?????lol

i moved the artwork \thumbnails and so on inside each movie folder .Example:

image.png.230b05e7f6a4d0e82db3c22529f1dd31.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bugmafia007

@radeon be proud ,after 10 hours finished to create folders fro my each one of my movies:

image.png.77af9cebaeebba344474f39af3742c83.png

Now ...Your plugin better work man...🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...