Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Just make sure to use the Plugin config to change things that are wrong and make sure you're part of the Contributors Network (check box at the bottom) so any changes you make benefit me and vice versa.  This is the easiest way for us to help each other with wrong matched items.

MBSki
23 minutes ago, cayars said:

Just make sure to use the Plugin config to change things that are wrong and make sure you're part of the Contributors Network (check box at the bottom) so any changes you make benefit me and vice versa.  This is the easiest way for us to help each other with wrong matched items.

Ok, I'm part of the contributor's network, now where do I get theme songs from? And once I get the Lion King theme song, how do we get the version in the Movie Theme plug-in replaced?

MBSki

@cayars Taking another look at it, this does seem to be an issue with the plug-in. There doesn't appear to be a theme song for the live action Lion King. The only Lion King movies are the original animated movies. Those are the only ones that show up in my download list. I deleted the theme song locally, so we'll see if it comes back, but how is this plug-in matching on the movie? There's no year associated with the movie. How is it matching when there are 2 movies with the exact same name?

image.png.6cd1df620abe7973f1130f6f28577c96.png

I'm not sure how it works for things like that.  I noticed earlier that Top Gun had something that sounded more like PacMan or a video game so I just deleted it off disc and then in the plugin.

I'm running another scan right now to see if it fetches the correct "Danger Zone" theme.

MBSki
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I'm not sure how it works for things like that.  I noticed earlier that Top Gun had something that sounded more like PacMan or a video game so I just deleted it off disc and then in the plugin.

Ok, then I'm back to, "where's the dev"? This is the type of thing they should be looking at.

radeon
5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Ok, then I'm back to, "where's the dev"? This is the type of thing they should be looking at.

Having a bank holiday not working for once. 👍

• Like 1

MBSki
34 minutes ago, radeon said:

Can you please take a look at this issue when your holiday ends?

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
MBSki
On 5/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, radeon said:

@radeon Can you please investigate the issue with the incorrect movie theme songs?

radeon

They're contribution network ones, someone must have submitted the wrong theme for the movie. 

MBSki
1 hour ago, radeon said:

They're contribution network ones, someone must have submitted the wrong theme for the movie. 

Then why is there only 1 item listed for The Lion King? I have 2 lion king movies in my library. 1 is animated and the other live action. Based on the songs it seems the Lion King 1 1/2 song is actual for the animated Lion King, and the song for the live action Lion King shouldn't be there at all. How do we get this corrected?  

image.png.bf04259e9d797317d4e0f0c24444986e.png

radeon

I have no idea what that means. 

Themes are indexed by tmdbid, filters to prevent further download are based on the movie name. If someone has put the wrong theme in their collection and uploaded to the contribution network then that'll be why you have the wrong one.

If you want it correcting, delete the file and put the correct one in its place. 

MBSki

I have no idea what that means. 

Themes are indexed by tmdbid, filters to prevent further download are based on the movie name. If someone has put the wrong theme in their collection and uploaded to the contribution network then that'll be why you have the wrong one.

What I'm saying is that there are multiple mismatches. Lion King 1 1/2 has the wrong song and live action Lion King has the wrong song. How do we correct the contribution network? This contribution network seems really abstract. Is there any communication with this "network"?

If you want it correcting, delete the file and put the correct one in its place. 

I don't know where the correct one is, so I have nothing to put in it's place if I delete it. 

radeon

Just delete the incorrect files, leave the filter there and they won't be downloaded again. 

The contribution network is just a simplistic facility which can upload people's contributions from the themes if they're under the copyright length limit and currently missing and meet a few quality requirements. It used to have a facility for people to report incorrect files but it was being abused and had to be disabled. 

• Thanks 1

MBSki
20 minutes ago, radeon said:

Just delete the incorrect files, leave the filter there and they won't be downloaded again. 

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
doctordri

Hi. I installed Movie Theme Videos a few days ago but it doesn't work. It doesn't do anything. There's no videos in the background of movies starting by "A". I checked the Scheduled Tasks and nothing happens if I click on "Play" for "Download Local Movie Theme Videos". It just starts and stops immediately.

How do I make it work?

BTW it's running on a Synology DS920+ where I installed Emby.

From the display menu check out these options on each client
image.png.b99fcee0b3a800d95958391ebc42d0d3.png

• Thanks 1

doctordri
6 hours ago, cayars said:

From the display menu check out these options on each client

Thanks. I checked all these options but nothing happens, nothing is displayed. The "theme" tick boxes where checked even before installing the plugin.

radeon

Have you confirmed in the logs that your licences have taken? When you run up the task the licence is checked and confirms if you're licenced or not

• Thanks 1

doctordri

I’m not sure how to check the logs. I have a lifetime license for Emby and have not purchased the plugins yet, I’m just testing them. But no titles starting by A show any themes. How can I access the logs and look for the licensing thing?

radeon

Within the dashboard you have advanced the logs. Just check the latest log out at the time you fired the task

doctordri
1 hour ago, radeon said:

Within the dashboard you have advanced the logs. Just check the latest log out at the time you fired the task

I looked at the logs but I can't identify what's wrong. Pls find them attached here.

embyserver.txt

Edited by doctordri

I see the following a few times in the log

2021-06-07 02:59:20.664 Info App: TV Theme Videos Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 06/20/2021 00:00:00 Is Valid: True Key: null
2021-06-07 02:59:20.664 Info App: TV Theme Videos
2021-06-07 02:59:20.664 Info App: In Trial - Downloading TV theme videos is only allowed for Registered Users

I don't know if this is the answer or not but do you have your Emby Premiere License installed?
Does it show as being active?

doctordri

Yeah, it says “Status: you have a lifetime Emby Premiere Plan and your device usage is well within your limits”.

Maybe the logs are referring to the plugin registration? If so, I want to make it work before purchasing it.

Edited by doctordri
  • Like 1