#21 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • Local time: 07:48 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

I have a 28 minute played half-way through, but it is marked as watched,even though it's sitting in the Resume list (had to goto Tooks->Home for it to show up).

My Max resume percentage is set to 95%.

Edited by CBers, 01 February 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#22 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

I have a 28 minute played half-way through, but it is marked as watched,even though it's sitting in the Resume list (had to goto Tooks->Home for it to show up).

My Max resume percentage is set to 95%.

I don't seem to see this issue.  I have a 20 minute episode, 50% through.  I started it from the next up on the home screen by pressing play on the remote.  When I stop, it immediately returns to the home screen and shows up under resume.  No watched indicator.

@CBers, is this a series episode?  Where do you start playback from?  Any hints on how to reproduce this?

#23 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

That particular episode was from within the series as I was worry way through them.

99% of my playbacks are via the Next Up list.

#24 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

i was able to reproduce the issue as suggested by SamES

watch episode to 50%....turn off tv...check later...now marked watched..

thanks SamES this is quite possibly the original course of events... 

Edited by ginjaninja, 01 February 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#25 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Surely if you turn the TV off without stopping playback and/or exiting the app, spurious events may well occur.

#26 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Surely if you turn the TV off without stopping playback and/or exiting the app, spurious events may well occur.

doesnt the client continuously request media segments from server..isnt this how the server knows the position...

its not the clients responsibility to prevent false positives on position/watch..either the last served playback was in last x% or not...position/watched status is a natural consequence of server servicing playback..not active client communication in this instance..?

so client off...=...no more media segments requested..= servers awareness of position no longer changed...

thats how i would imagine it...

I guess clients could enhance the servers awareness actively under special circumstances..but not  necessary in the underlying base case...im guessing?

Edited by ginjaninja, 01 February 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#27 chessdragon136 OFFLINE  

chessdragon136

The Samsung Guy

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Local time: 06:48 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

doesnt the client continuously request media segments from server..isnt this how the server knows the position...

its not the clients responsibility to prevent false positives on position/watch..either the last served playback was in last x% or not...position/watched status is a natural consequence of server servicing playback..not active client communication in this instance..?

so client off...=...no more media segments requested..= servers awareness of position no longer changed...

thats how i would imagine it...

I guess clients could enhance the servers awareness actively under special circumstances..but not  necessary in the underlying base case...im guessing?

It doesn't really work like that - The clients (mine included) report playback actions (Started, Paused, Stopped) and playback position (The samsung app reports its progress every 3 or so seconds) This is due to many reasons, like if the file is played directly the server wouldn't be serving up the file so it wouldn't know its being played..

Ideally, I would like someone to go through the server logs to see if these playback reports are working correctly - Pretty sure they are as in the server main page when i start it shows the entity, every few seconds it updates & on stop it disappears. But verification would be nice. 

Edited by chessdragon136, 01 February 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#28 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

It doesn't really work like that - The clients (mine included) report playback actions (Started, Paused, Stopped) and playback position (The samsung app reports its progress every 3 or so seconds) This is due to many reasons, like if the file is played directly the server wouldn't be serving up the file so it wouldn't know its being played..

Ideally, I would like someone to go through the server logs to see if these playback reports are working correctly - Pretty sure they are as in the server main page when i start it shows the entity, every few seconds it updates & on stop it disappears. But verification would be nice.

V0.560b

switching off the content in middle..no longer makes show watched..which is good.
  • SamES likes this

#29 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

V0.560b

switching off the content in middle..no longer makes show watched..which is good.

I believe this was fixed in the last server release (not a Samsung app issue)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed, resume, next up, watched, played, suggested, tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users