Fedora/CentOS (RPM)

Luke

NOTICE: it seems that the new Emby server beta has problems to stream video to iOS devices (music works ok) using the webclient with Safari (and possible also the app but I coudln't test this yet). So if you use iOS clients for video streaming a lot you might want to wait until the problem is fixed to try emby-server-beta, or even wait for the next stable release.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.2

If you had any problems streaming to iOS devices with previous beta versions they seem to be fixed in this new beta.

As always any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.3.

Thanks

stangri

Same issue:

Downloading Packages:
emby-server-beta-3.0.5713.3.git7e303bd-202.1.noarch.rpm  |  14 MB     01:56
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Updating   : emby-server-beta-3.0.5713.3.git7e303bd-202.1.noarch          1/2
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.28eyFm: line 9: loadService: command not found
  Cleanup    : emby-server-beta-3.0.5713.2.git8df6241-196.1.noarch          2/2
  Verifying  : emby-server-beta-3.0.5713.3.git7e303bd-202.1.noarch          1/2
  Verifying  : emby-server-beta-3.0.5713.2.git8df6241-196.1.noarch          2/2

Updated:
  emby-server-beta.noarch 0:3.0.5713.3.git7e303bd-202.1

Complete!

What do you mean with "same" issue? Can you be more detailed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangri

I've tried to highlight it in the code but I guess it didn't quite work:

I've tried to highlight it in the code but I guess it didn't quite work:

Ok. Yeah that should be fixed in the next beta release that may be out today.

I thought you was having any other issue apart from this error message.

Also starting with the next beta, when you install or upgrade Emby, we will automatically stop emby-server before the upgrade start and then we will start it when the upgrade finishes. This should prevent errors like trying to start Emby while another mono/emby process is using the socket and also makes the upgrade cleaner. Drawback is that there will be a small service interruption during the upgrade.

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.4.

This new beta-release includes a change in the packaging:

• During package upgrade Emby server will be stopped, upgraded and started again so during upgrade it will be unavailable for around a minute or less.

Thanks

jvandy7

My CentOS 6.7 update to emby-server 3.0.5675.1 went smooth and everything started up. However, there is nothing in my movie library. All the meta data content is there and the file references are correct. The folders all show the correct path. After my previous The same version on my Windows Emby works just fine. Was there something not transferred or lingering from the old MB installation?

Thoughts?

Major problems installing on a fedora 22 box (two)

This is with version emby-server-3.0.5675.1-158.1.noarch

On one box I have got as far as the server startup not giving errors with output from ps ax

25273 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe

output of systemctl status emby-server.service is

● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2015-08-28 15:09:38 BST; 4s ago
  Process: 25636 ExecStopPost=/opt/emby-server/emby-server.sh -c (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 25645 (mono)
   CGroup: /system.slice/emby-server.service
           └─25645 /usr/bin/mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe

Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/emby-server/bin/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a000359
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/emby-server/bin/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a000359
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: * Assertion at loader.c:1153, condition `!mono_loader_get_last_error ()' not met
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: Stacktrace:
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs.IsDefinedInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type) <0xffffffff>
Aug 28 15:09:38 capture emby-server.sh[25645]: * Assertion at class.c:5753, condition `!mono_loader_get_last_error ()' not met

I still cant get to the config page ie: localhost:8096

thanks

Edited by redtux

My CentOS 6.7 update to emby-server 3.0.5675.1 went smooth and everything started up. However, there is nothing in my movie library. All the meta data content is there and the file references are correct. The folders all show the correct path. After my previous The same version on my Windows Emby works just fine. Was there something not transferred or lingering from the old MB installation?

Thoughts?

Does the new user "emby" have permissions over your movies files? We migrate the library but we don't touch your files or their permissions so you need to check if user "emby" has the right permissions on the files.

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.5.

This beta release includes a change in packaging plus the new Emby server code.

Starting with this emby-server-beta package release now new Installations will not require our newer ImageMagick package but will use the stock package from the distro instead. The idea is to reduce the package conflicts and make the installation more simple. It's expected that some picture/cover related issues may appear especially on CentOS 6 and 7. For example: CoverArt plugin will not work.

Please test it and as always any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Edited by fc7

stangri

Is there any way to force Emby to regenerate thumbnails for my videos so I can test the image generation on CentOS 6.7? I won't be adding any new videos in the foreseeable future.

jvandy7

Does the new user "emby" have permissions over your movies files? We migrate the library but we don't touch your files or their permissions so you need to check if user "emby" has the right permissions on the files.

Yes, i noticed the user change and I added the emby user to the group the mediabrowseruser was in that has "rwx" on media files and directories.

I would open a new thread to investigate this. Please post there a server log that includes a library refresh. Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.6.

This new package is rolling back the ImageMagick requirements since we found some problems with the stock version in CentOS 6 and 7.

Thanks

A new revision of emby-server-beta 3.0.5713.6 is out.

It includes a fix for libmediainfo discovery during package installation.

For more information please read: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24866-video-interlace-detection/

Thanks

Edited by fc7

A new version of emby-server is out: 3.0.5724.3.

All the changes and improvements made at package level in emby-server-beta are now merged into emby-server and we are leaving the old MediaBrowser/Emby packages way behind.

Changes included in the new emby-server package:

• Emby server version 3.0.5724.3
  • Emby server program files are now in /usr/lib instead of /opt.
  • New Emby default configuration file emby-server.conf in /etc/default. This file contains the default emby-server configuration and must remain untouched. If you want to modify any default setting you can do it on /etc/emby-server.conf and those settings will override the defaults.
  • Systemd service file is now under the expected path (/usr/lib/systemd/system).
  • Totally rewrited SysV init script.
  • Totally rewrited Emby launch helper script (emby-server.sh).
  • The Restart button in Emby web gui should now work as expected and restart Emby server service.
  • Gnome tray icon was removed.
  • libmediainfo is now correctly discovered and configured in Emby
  • During package upgrade Emby server will be stopped, upgraded and started again so during the upgrade it will be unavailable for a few seconds.

Enjoy it!

Thanks

Edited by fc7

I was on emby-server-beta.noarch 0:3.0.5713.6.gitec3fdf3-269.1 and it didn't update to the 5724 thru the yum update (like I expected). Ended up removing the beta and installing the emby-server 5724.3.

UPDATE: Actually it failed to install on CentOS 6.7:

Downloading Packages:
emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch.rpm 
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Running Transaction
emby-server: unrecognized service
error: %pre(emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1
  Verifying  : emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch                          1/1

Failed:
  emby-server.noarch 0:3.0.5724.3-211.1

UPDATE 2: I'm guessing that RPM has been pulled and/or being replaced:

Downloading Packages:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home%3A/emby/CentOS_6/noarch/emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
  emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch: failure: noarch/emby-server-3.0.5724.3-211.1.noarch.rpm from home_emby: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

UPDATE 3: after yum clean all, same result with the updated package:

Downloading Packages:
emby-server-3.0.5724.3-215.1.noarch.rpm                  
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Running Transaction
error: %pre(emby-server-3.0.5724.3-215.1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package emby-server-3.0.5724.3-215.1.noarch
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping emby-server-3.0.5724.3-215.1
  Verifying  : emby-server-3.0.5724.3-215.1.noarch                          1/1

Failed:
  emby-server.noarch 0:3.0.5724.3-215.1

Edited by stangri

It will never update since they are different packages. It was already discussed in the forums. To switch from beta to stable you need to remove one package and install the other.

I will check the error during installation and update you

Still fails with the newest rpm:

Downloading Packages:
emby-server-3.0.5724.3-216.1.noarch.rpm                  |  14 MB     00:05
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Running Transaction
error: %pre(emby-server-3.0.5724.3-216.1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package emby-server-3.0.5724.3-216.1.noarch
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping emby-server-3.0.5724.3-216.1
  Verifying  : emby-server-3.0.5724.3-216.1.noarch                          1/1

Failed:
  emby-server.noarch 0:3.0.5724.3-216.1

I just released a new package revision that should fix this problem.

Unfortunately it was something that we didn't detect during the beta stage.

Try it and let us know if the issue is fixed or not.

Thanks.

Edited by fc7

I just released a new package revision that should fix this problem.

Unfortunately it was something that we didn't detect during the beta stage.

Try it and let us know if the issue is fixed or not.

Thanks.

Thank you, successful install with emby-server-3.0.5724.3-219.1.noarch.rpm.