Fedora/CentOS (RPM)

Luke

Trying to install this on a CentOS 7.1 system now, I get the following errors:

Error: Package: python-pillow-2.0.0-17.gitd1c6db8.el7.x86_64 (@base)
           Requires: libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
           Removing: libwebp-0.3.0-3.el7.x86_64 (@base)
               libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
           Updated By: libwebp-0.4.3-9.3.x86_64 (home_emby)
              ~libwebp.so.5()(64bit)
Error: Package: webkitgtk3-2.0.4-6.el7_0.1.x86_64 (@base)
           Requires: libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
           Removing: libwebp-0.3.0-3.el7.x86_64 (@base)
               libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
           Updated By: libwebp-0.4.3-9.3.x86_64 (home_emby)
              ~libwebp.so.5()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I have epel release enabled - any ideas?

This is just a packaging conflict. Please search the forum since this was already discussed several times in the past.

Is highly probable that you will need to uninstall some conflicting packages from your system (like epiphany web browser?).

The best approach to skip the packages and dependancy problems that you may found sometimes and that you can really solved is just to go the Docker way for Emby.

dcrdev

This is just a packaging conflict. Please search the forum since this was already discussed several times in the past.

Is highly probable that you will need to uninstall some conflicting packages from your system (like epiphany web browser?).

The best approach to skip the packages and dependancy problems that you may found sometimes and that you can really solved is just to go the Docker way for Emby.

Yeah but the conflict arrives from the dependencies of GNOME shell? I could run it in docker and I've tried that, but unfortunately I've been getting some firewall issues with docker on both Fedora and CentOS; constant log entries like this:

"COMMAND_FAILED: '/sbin/iptables -w -t nat -D PREROUTING' failed: iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?). firewalld"

Yeah but the conflict arrives from the dependencies of GNOME shell? I could run it in docker and I've tried that, but unfortunately I've been getting some firewall issues with docker on both Fedora and CentOS; constant log entries like this:

"COMMAND_FAILED: '/sbin/iptables -w -t nat -D PREROUTING' failed: iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?). firewalld"

I'm only a little bit familiar with docker so I can't really help you.

Maybe you can ask the same question in the Emby Docker forum, I'm sure someone with more docker expertise will be able to answer it. :)

Regarding the deps with Gnome shell we will need to test it. Just for the record all the installation tests are done against a "minimal install" of CentOS and Fedora server, meaning no GUI.

Edited by fc7

• 2 weeks later...

We now provide packages for Fedora 23. This new package, since Fedora updated a few packages that we depend on, use much more packages from the official repos than from ours.

Only notice is ImageMagick. Our ImageMagick package is optimized for Emby image processing and this optimizations are not included in Fedora's official packages. By default when you install Emby on F23, the official IM package will be installed, but this can have a performance impact on Emby while processing images (posters).

We highly recommend to use our IM package instead.

I would also like to announce that following Fedora's release cycle, Emby packages for F21 are now retired and we only provide packages for F22 and F23.

Thanks.

dcrdev

I ended up going with the docker container - the fedora packages require a version of ImageMagic that is incompatible with the php module (which I'm using for something else).

Good to see Fedora support though.

In F23 we will use the default IM package from the distro so it should work fine (at the expense of some performance penalty on Emby as mentioned before)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurricanehrndz

This is really not an error, firewalld just logs everything even though for docker it gets the results it expects. You can ignore those. 

Hello,

please help how to fix this problem on centos 6 64bit server:

Error: Package: libmediainfo-0.7.76-1.el6.x86_64 (@epel)
           Requires: libtinyxml2.so.1()(64bit)
           Removing: tinyxml2-1.0.11-4.20130805git0323851.el6.x86_64 (@epel)
               libtinyxml2.so.1()(64bit)
           Updated By: tinyxml2-2.1.0-5.1.x86_64 (home_emby)
               Not found
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
  • Like 1

I will check this when I find some time. In the meantime you can install yum priorities plugin and assign Emby repo a higher number priority than Epel. This Is way Epel will be used over Emby repo in case of conflicts like this. That should solve the problem if not please come back and post the installation errors again.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the Roku PIN and went to <https://emby.media/pin/> and entered my Emby account information and the PIN - However, I receieve a " Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?" Since I am here, the user ID and password are valid. Is there a problem with the emby.media/pin/ web page?

I got the Roku PIN and went to https://emby.media/pin/> and entered my Emby account information and the PIN - However, I receieve a " Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?" Since I am here, the user ID and password are valid. Is there a problem with the emby.media/pin/ web page?

are you able to sign out and back into the forum? verify that to ensure you're using the correct password.

I got the Roku PIN and went to <https://emby.media/pin/> and entered my Emby account information and the PIN - However, I receieve a " Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?" Since I am here, the user ID and password are valid. Is there a problem with the emby.media/pin/ web page?

I think this post should go into a different thread. Why do you think this is Fedora/CentOS package related?

are you able to sign out and back into the forum? verify that to ensure you're using the correct password.

Yep! I was signed out and just signed back into Emby. Just attempted to re-enter the Roku PIN on emby.media/pin/ (emby DNS points this link to https://emby.media/pin/) and I receive " Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?".

I think this post should go into a different thread. Why do you think this is Fedora/CentOS package related?

I wouldn't think so - This is a Roku PIN entry on emby.media/pin/ problem.....

But this is the Fedora/CentOS package forum; it has nothing to do with Roku and your problem doesn't seem to be related at all with this thread. :)

Yep! I was signed out and just signed back into Emby. Just attempted to re-enter the Roku PIN on emby.media/pin/ (emby DNS points this link to https://emby.media/pin/) and I receive " Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?".

I wouldn't think so - This is a Roku PIN entry on emby.media/pin/ problem.....

Yeah, this is a completely separate issue.

I just tested the process and it worked fine.  The user id or password probably are incorrect.  They would be your Forum id and pw.

Starting with the current Emby server version packages for Fedora/CentOS, emby-server service will not be started up after installation or upgrade.

You will have to manually start the service after any of those operations.

Also as a reminder, emby-server service is not configured to start up on boot by default.  Of course this can be changed to do so by running the right commands for each distro.

Edited by fc7

Yeah, this is a completely separate issue.

I just tested the process and it worked fine.  The user id or password probably are incorrect.  They would be your Forum id and pw.

Well, I know I haven't entered the user ID & password consistantly wrong - Since I just used the same User ID and password to re-enter this forum. How long does it take for a new Emby account to sync with whatever dB is referenced by /emby.media/pin/?

Starting with the current Emby server version packages for Fedora/CentOS, emby-server service will not be started up after installation or upgrade.

You will have to manually start the service after any of those operations.

Also as a reminder, emby-server service is not configured to start up on boot by default.  Of course this can be changed to do so by running the right commands for each distro.

Yes, emby-server service does start on CentOS boot - Just use the chkconfig command.

Gentlemen, I don't wish to brag - Let me simply say that I'm a retired gent who has been in this game for a while, and am sufficiently competent in several OS and firewalls. I appreciate your input - But I am not on the PC for long periods (hence having to sign back into the forum). I am on CST, and I will be out this morning until 14:00.

There is also another problem, that I will address on the Emby web interface forum: That is, the web 'restart' function does work on CentOS/RHEL6, because it never deletes the service ID (i.e. it doesn't-nor should it have-root priviledges for deleting the file in /var/run/). Programs must have root privileges to install, so the process id is owned by 'root'. chowning the process id to emby before a web restart doesn't work either - The process is dead, but the process id still exists (although 'owned by the emby service). Probably a couple of bugs to work out between the Linux emby-server installs and the web page 'restart'.

TTYL at 14:00 - God willing.

• Like 1

Well, I know I haven't entered the user ID & password consistantly wrong - Since I just used the same User ID and password to re-enter this forum. How long does it take for a new Emby account to sync with whatever dB is referenced by /emby.media/pin/?

There is no syncing involved.  We access the forum database directly.

Does your pw contain any unusual characters?

Yes, emby-server service does start on CentOS boot - Just use the chkconfig command.

You are right about CentOS 6. Thanks for bringing this up. It's now fixed in the package. New installations will have emby-server service disabled by default on boot.

Edited by fc7

There is also another problem, that I will address on the Emby web interface forum: That is, the web 'restart' function does work on CentOS/RHEL6, because it never deletes the service ID (i.e. it doesn't-nor should it have-root priviledges for deleting the file in /var/run/). Programs must have root privileges to install, so the process id is owned by 'root'. chowning the process id to emby before a web restart doesn't work either - The process is dead, but the process id still exists (although 'owned by the emby service). Probably a couple of bugs to work out between the Linux emby-server installs and the web page 'restart'.

Thanks for highlighting this issue too. It's already fixed in the package revision that was published today. If you update emby-server it will still be version 3.0.5781.4 but with a higher revision number including fixes for the problems you reported.

There is no syncing involved.  We access the forum database directly.

Does your pw contain any unusual characters?

Yep. Is that a problem?

FYI: My login into this forum also has a special character.

What is the character?

It may be that our web entry form isn't handling it properly.  Especially if it is something like a percent sign (%).

You are right about CentOS 6. Thanks for bringing this up. It's now fixed in the package. New installations will have emby-server service disabled by default on boot.

Yes, but once it is set with CHKCONFIG, it stays set (verified with one update applied to the CentOS emby-server).

[root@myserver ~]# chkconfig --list | grep emby-server

emby-server        0:off    1:off    2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Indeed. That's why I clearly said "new installations". People that is upgrading can disable the service autostart if they want to manually and it will stay that way in future upgrades. I musn't overwrite users settings.

Edited by fc7