Ubuntu

Luke

Wow - ok so this had nothing to do with Emby and it was coincidental that the problem began after installing emby. The no space error was occurring on other programs as well but I always pointed to Emby due to the odd installation that I did just before the errors started. Interestingly I had done a clean 15.10 install and installed my backup solution at the same time, Crashplan. Upon investigating my logs I found that systemd was calling a No space error for many processes. I did a search on google and found this:

http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Real-Time_Backup_For_Network-Attached_Drives#linux

Essentially, since I have 1 TB of files being backed up using Crashplan, it is consuming a massive amount of inotify watches in the kernel and other processes do not have any more available to work with (within the 8192 limit). I have 32 GB of RAM so increasing it will consume more memory, but nothing concerning. I followed the steps in that link to permanently increase the number of watches, and the errors are gone. I am sorry that I was thinking Emby was the problem and I will leave this post here in case anyone else comes across it and it benefits.

Thanks

maiky jonathan gomes
I updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutions ?
I updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutionsI updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutions ?

I updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutions ?

I updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutionsI updated to version 3.0.5781.8 and he is not longer accepting avi movies you guys have any solutions ?

Hi there. In order to best help you, please see how to report a problem to provide additional information. Thanks.

iburnthings

Emby is somehow hijacking port 80 even though it's configured only for port 8096

http://serverfault.com/questions/744378/port-80-is-being-redirected-not-accessible-except-on-local-network

I know this is probably something dead simple but I'm not exactly a pro at Nginx or Linux yet.

I have a Wordpress MU network configured for port 80 (I can access this on my.site on the LAN)

I have phpmyadmin on port 80 in my /etc/hosts to go to http://phpmyadmin so it is only accessible on the local machine

Emby Server was also installed to go to port 8096 (I can access this LAN or WAN) Webmin is installed on port 10000 (I can access this LAN and WAN)

If I go to my.site from WAN the emby-server page comes up where the WP site should be. If I uninstall emby-server then I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

however if I access my.site from INSIDE my network the wordpress site loads up regardless of emby being installed or not.

requested info $ sudo iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
$

stormense

Like Plex, Emby can only read maps/Media Library

on system disk not second hard disk. Im stuck with Windows.

usermod -a -G ME emby do not work.

Edited by stormense
  • Like 1

hurricanehrndz

Sorry, I'm on vacation right now and as soon as I get a chance I will address the issue as well.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AdamBearWA

Has anyone had this error when installing on ubuntu 15.04?

apt-get install emby-server

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (219-7ubuntu6) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Edit: I found another post with the same error in May http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21852-new-debian-and-ubuntu-install-instructions/page-3, but it says this should be fixed by now. Perhaps a new error?

Edit: Found the installer sub-forum.. will post there instead.

Edited by AdamN

geaves

Has anyone had this error when installing on ubuntu 15.04?

apt-get install emby-server

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (219-7ubuntu6) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Edit: I found another post with the same error in May http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21852-new-debian-and-ubuntu-install-instructions/page-3, but it says this should be fixed by now. Perhaps a new error?

Edit: Found the installer sub-forum.. will post there instead.

I had this same error on a recent install of 14.04, what I did was sudo apt-get install -f and the installation continued, after getting the error.

Edited by geaves

Anyone have any experience with adding an NTFS external HD to Emby?

My Distro is Lubuntu, and emby cannot see the files on the Hard disk, and I can't seem to add user/group rights no matter what I do.

Hi everyone,

I am currently reconfigurating my server with a fresh installation of Xubuntu 15.04 (I was previously running Xubuntu 14.04). Emby works fine except that it is not loaded during the boot (latest stable version of emby). I looked in the /var/log/syslog and I see no trace of the emby service been started at boot and no error is visible. It seems it is simply skipping it as if the daemon was not registered

However I can still start emby manually by running either:

sudo service emby-server start

or

sudo /etc/init.d/emby-server start

Both commands work so it seems that the scripts are correct

I can also see that the daemon seems to be registered in /etc/rc0.d (although my knowledge is limited in this area and I might be mistakening)

ivan@server::~$ ll /etc/rc0.d
total 20
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 janv.  4 20:52 ./
drwxr-xr-x 146 root root 12288 janv.  4 09:45 ../
[...]
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    21 déc.  17 22:18 K01emby-server -> ../init.d/emby-server*

Actually I ran the test on Xubuntu 15.04 and 15.10 and I get the same problem on both. I then tried with Xubuntu 14.04 and in this case Emby is loaded without problem during startup.

I also noticed that emby is not started after being installed on versions 15.xx, Whereas on version 14.04 it starts running automatically right after the installation is finished.

Anyone having the same issue? Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help,

hurricanehrndz

Ubuntu 15.xx and up uses a new init system called systemd. You need to enable emby-server to start. systemlctl enable emby-server

• Like 1

I have done a fresh ububtu server install and the sudo start emby-server works fine, but if I try to restart the server in the GUI it just stops the service and I need to SSH in and restart it myself, I tried the chmod and systemctl enable lines from above, but it still doesnt restart properly.

Also, what do I need to do to make this start on system boot automatically?

Thanks!

hurricanehrndz

Please ensure systemd is controlling the start up of emby. systemctl enable emby-server, should enable emby-server to start on boot. If you start emby-sever by issuing systemctl start emby-sever it should be able to restart from the interface.

Edited by hurricanehrndz

hmm - I have it starting on boot now, but if I press the restart server it doesnt restart.

I think I am using systemctl enable emby-server (systemlctl wasnt a recognised command).

Anything I can try from command line to get an idea why its not restarting as expected?

Yes fully awware, I can leave it 10 seconds or 10 minutes - to get it working again i need to either reboot the microserver or ssh in and start it again.  Note - I just tried and only the init.d start is working...