Ubuntu

Luke

hurricanehrndz

@@Delphi Hi, what command in the terminal would I need to do this... sorry for the n00b question. My main user is "emby"

Thanks in advance.

Restart was broken on certain debian distributions a fix is being released soon. Thank you.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Edited by hurricanehrndz

andrew0404

So it seems the stable repository package is several versions behind now.  There are some important bug fixes.  Anyone know the ETA for the inclusion in the repo?  What is the usual turn-around for getting the new version released?  Specifically the trusty (14.04 LTS) repo

Edited by andrew0404

hurricanehrndz

Stable packages are up to date with stable release. Most recent stable version is 3.0.5786

I am trying to autostart Emby Server. I made a emby-autostart-script.sh file and put the code below in it.

#!/bin/bash

sudo service emby-server start

I execute that command:

chmod +emby-autostart-script.sh

And I set it in the startup manager of the XFCE (Xubuntu desktop). Unfortunatelly, the Emby is not start at startup, but I can run the self-made script and it works.

Any Suggest? Maybe I do it totally wrong :)

Edited by zserrbo

I found the /etc/init/emby-server.conf file. This is an Upstart init script, If I'm not mistaken. I didn't find any logs in the /var/log/upstart path. 

After reboot I run sudo service emby-server status

● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

ps -ef | grep emby
myaccount+  2433  1710  0 11:29 pts/11   00:00:00 grep --color=auto emby

OK, I found out.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25791-ubuntu-emby-does-not-start-after-booting/&do=findComment&comment=251625

"Ubuntu 15.04 has migrated the init system to systemd while maintaining compatibility with running Upstart scripts.  Try systemctl enable emby-server and reboot.  If that doesn't work, something is wrong.

Same thing goes for Debian 8 and SysV init."

This made a symlink from lib/... to etc/... and it works.
After reboot the status commands shows, service is running.

thefirstofthe300

Well done, @@zserrbo.

Just FYI, the startup manager only runs commands when the user logs in.  In addition, I believe that the startup manager runs the commands as the user which would cause the script to fail as it requires elevated privileges.  If you want to run something at boot, the best way to run it is using the init system as you can guarantee that the required system functions are running (in Emby's case, the network).

Edited by thefirstofthe300

#mickaus

Has anyone had this error when installing on ubuntu 15.04?

apt-get install emby-server

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (219-7ubuntu6) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Edit: I found another post with the same error in May http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21852-new-debian-and-ubuntu-install-instructions/page-3, but it says this should be fixed by now. Perhaps a new error?

Edit: Found the installer sub-forum.. will post there instead.

Yes,  I am getting this exact same error on 15.10.

Says the following 3 NEW packages will be installed

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  emby-server libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 libembymagickwand-6.q8-2
0 to upgrade, 3 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
Need to get 0 B/12.0 MB of archives.
After this operation, 49.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

then fails
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 250454 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../emby-server_3.0.5857_all.deb ...
Unpacking emby-server (3.0.5857) ...
Preparing to unpack .../libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libembymagickcore-6.q8-2:amd64 (8:6.9.2-8) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libMagickCore-6.Q8.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libmagickcore-6.q8-2:amd64 8:6.9.1-2
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to unpack .../libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libembymagickwand-6.q8-2:amd64 (8:6.9.2-8) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libMagickWand-6.Q8.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libmagickwand-6.q8-2:amd64 8:6.9.1-2
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for systemd (225-1ubuntu9.1) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
ureadahead will be reprofiled on next reboot
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickcore-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libembymagickwand-6.q8-2_8%3a6.9.2-8_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have tried removing, purging, updating packages, even deleting the files from /var/cache/apt/archives
I've updated repos.  I'm at a loss.  About the only thing i havent done is reinstall ubuntu.

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

emby-server.log

Edited by #mickaus

hurricanehrndz

Thanks for the info, I will have a look. That error message should not be there whatsoever and this is the first mention of this specific issue ever being logged

hurricanehrndz

For now you can install by issuing the option no-recommends to apt get

hurricanehrndz

You need to uninstall and purge all the q8 packages on your system.

dpkg -l | grep q8 | xargs apt-get remove --purge

Edited by hurricanehrndz

• 3 weeks later...
haeffnkr

Hello,

I am have been trying to get the DVR functionality to work since I installed this lovely application 3 weeks ago.

I consistently get the same error when the dvr application is to start.... null value error.

Can someone please help me?

Does anyone have this working that could send me a working log? it appears that the timer fires to start the recording but the app never connects up with the HDhomerun tuner...??

Logs

https://drive.google...WC1fd0VaZUdCdjA

https://drive.google...SFpWR0VIZ0hhNkU

Please help

soniCron

EDIT: Cause was the emby path had changed! All is well, it seems! Migrated old config/data to new location. So, scratch that scathing upset and replace with "please warn us when you change Emby's paths!!"

Hadn't updated Emby in a few months.

Just did.

Would have been nice if it was mentioned that it would completely wipe out my metadata and settings before I did...  :angry:

Now I have to start from scratch and reorganize, re-order shows, and re-tag everything.

Is it unreasonable to expect an upgrade path that doesn't just completely wipe everything without at least a warning?? This is about the 5th time it has done this since I came on board almost a year ago...

Edited by soniCron

hurricanehrndz

EDIT: Cause was the emby path had changed! All is well, it seems! Migrated old config/data to new location. So, scratch that scathing upset and replace with "please warn us when you change Emby's paths!!"

Just did.

Would have been nice if it was mentioned that it would completely wipe out my metadata and settings before I did...  :angry:

Now I have to start from scratch and reorganize, re-order shows, and re-tag everything.

Is it unreasonable to expect an upgrade path that doesn't just completely wipe everything without at least a warning?? This is about the 5th time it has done this since I came on board almost a year ago...

Warnings are issued when the changes are first made. We are happy to hear that you got it figured out. We always try to include the info in the change log as well. It is recommend that you refer to it if you making huge jumps in versions.

soniCron

Warnings are issued when the changes are first made. We are happy to hear that you got it figured out. We always try to include the info in the change log as well. It is recommend that you refer to it if you making huge jumps in versions.

Well.... the conversion failed. I'm left with two categories, "undefined" and "undefined", instead of "Movies" and "TV". The TV one is empty and the Movie one won't load anything.

Any ideas for a quick fix instead of having to recreate everything..?

EDIT: Lovely. Now they're both completely blank.

Edited by soniCron

Just did.

HI, apologies for the disruption. Steps were taken to make the upgrade as smooth as possible. Since you were coming from a version a few months old, there were probably some scenarios there that were missed. Apologies. This release was several months in the making improve Emby server's database performance. We're not going to be doing anything like that again in the foreseeable future.

hurricanehrndz

My suggestion before you moved the database would have been to add the media library path to emby-sever.conf in etc. You can try to move the database back to where it was and then add the propriate variable and path to the conf file. Please look at the default file to get a gist of what it should be.

SkyBehind

I'm not getting the upgrade to Version 3.0.5882 Emby .

Same, even if I do it manually through command line

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I´m trying to install emby server in a ubuntu server v14.04 for the first time but I get this message when running "sudo apt-get update" command:

W: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xubuntu_14.04/Packages  404  Not Found [iP: 195.135.221.134 80]

Am I doing something wrong or there is a problem with the server?

Thanks for your help!

ToBeFrank

Where do we file bugs against the ubuntu install? I've found issues in the startup scripts, but I don't know where to report them.