Talk about the Emby Q&A Session

Gilgamesh_48

darkassassin07

Annoyingly, that button is only accessible from desktop. It's not displayed anywhere I can find on mobile.

Been debating requesting such a feature the last few weeks...

Edited by darkassassin07

HouseOfCards
34 minutes ago, TMCsw said:

Forget the TL just DR

image.png.f098b102239b53f0ff26bd543766af39.png

Problem Solved 😜

Yes...  I've also solved that problem. 

This is like a person who goes to a winery to complain about the quality of the wine everyone is getting, while pointing out that they prefer beer instead.  Just go to a damn brewery for Pete's sake...  LOL

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Goes to the zoo not to see the animals, but to complain about the types of enclosures each animal is in and how to improve them. Visits a museum and then critiques the quality of the velvet ropes around priceless works of art. Visits the bathroom and doesn't wash his hands after doing a #1 and #2. Comes home from work and first thing pets his dog and tells it how much he loves it then yells at his wife to bring him a beer. Goes to an actual theater to watch some IMAX big screen movies, and brings his own popcorn smuggled in under his comically large sized cowboy hat.

image.png.80c4d9ff64164ebe9c91755cb413e4e1.png

There is no way to please everyone. It isn't possible. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is okay some people aren't happy. It is just their nature.

Edited by speechles
  • Agree 1

TMCsw
1 hour ago, darkassassin07 said:

Annoyingly, that button is only accessible from desktop. It's not displayed anywhere I can find on mobile.

Just wondering if you set this on the desktop wouldn't it stay active for the mobile? assuming you logged in with the same credentials?

darkassassin07

Yup, it does and I have. Now...

But I almost never use desktop to visit the forums. I've been looking for that button for a while from mobile and assumed it didn't exist. Didn't consider it'd only be available on desktop. Figured it'd be directly on the persons profile page.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, darkassassin07 said:

Yup, it does and I have. Now...

But I almost never use desktop to visit the forums. I've been looking for that button for a while from mobile and assumed it didn't exist. Didn't consider it'd only be available on desktop. Figured it'd be directly on the persons profile page.

Has anyone asked @Abobaderabout the user ignore button on mobile view?

Desktop image from earlier post.

image.png

• Like 1

TMCsw
21 minutes ago, darkassassin07 said:

But I almost never use desktop to visit the forums.

Understood, but how often do you wish to ignore anybody (except for the odd post), but as H2P says i hope it can be added to the mobile..

Good day,

Regarding "ignore" a members within your mobile, simply from the menu select account - "Ignored users" and add the name there, no need to switch to your PC desktop to do that.

My best

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

bakes82
On 3/3/2024 at 5:56 PM, pwhodges said:

An incoherent statement, first saying that it's in every client, then that it's not in the web client (which of course it actually is).

Since you say you don't even use Emby, perhaps you should refrain from commenting until you've found the opportunity to get some real experience with it.

I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings to say that I expect very few people are even bothering to read your posts any more.

you seem bothered by it not me, idc what you think lol Ill come and complain all I want

Where is the a-z?  Maybe its a browser incompatibility, again, I don't have these issues with plex.

image.thumb.png.f768e04b8075c10997e4fcb3f02486cd.png

pwhodges

What browser are you using, then?

Here are four different browsers all showing the alpha picker as they should...

Firefox:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8f82bde6dd37f43642e6f58af940acfa.jpeg

Chrome:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.479ccd43ff0102feb6294929e267d252.jpeg

Edge:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.c4eb8183550018096300961d05f4e724.jpeg

Opera:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d518106044016d87ae2293fc579e3a6c.jpeg

You can see why I was surprised by your assertion (also the screen grab from a program you also say you don't use, but have over 22,000 movies in).  

Anyway, are you going to report this issue to the devs with sufficient detail to enable them to fix it?  (I suppose I should also ask if that's an up-to-date Emby server, as there were a couple of betas a while ago that lost the alpha picker in Chrome, as I recall.)

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 3

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

What browser are you using, then?

Here are four different browsers all showing the alpha picker as they should...

Firefox:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.8f82bde6dd37f43642e6f58af940acfa.jpeg

Chrome:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.479ccd43ff0102feb6294929e267d252.jpeg

Edge:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.c4eb8183550018096300961d05f4e724.jpeg

Opera:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.d518106044016d87ae2293fc579e3a6c.jpeg

You can see why I was surprised by your assertion (also the screen grab from a program you also say you don't use, but have over 22,000 movies in).  

Anyway, are you going to report this issue to the devs with sufficient detail to enable them to fix it?  (I suppose I should also ask if that's an up-to-date Emby server, as there were a couple of betas a while ago that lost the alpha picker in Chrome, as I recall.)

Paul

FWIW: I have lost and recovered the alpha picker a few time but, currently, it works correctly everywhere EXCEPT when browsing photos in a Home videos and photos library. I have the alpha picker on all clients and in all libraries except photos. I have reported it multiple times but the developers either think I am lying or just do not care. 

Overall Emby does a great job but, judging by the total non-action on that bug they are slipping a lot. 

I do not consider the alpha picker to be essential but it is useful and Emby really needs to fix the bug. I see no alpha picker and I have provided log and console info to the developers but they really are becoming like Plex in that they do not seem to care about bugs that only seem to hit a few users. 

Plex does not care and it looks like Emby does not care either.

If I have to choose my choice will always be Emby (When I argue with Emby they try to be reasonable but if I argue with Plex they ban me. )  Emby's rep is taking a hit just because they are becoming indifferent to the user experience.

HouseOfCards
On 3/2/2024 at 12:25 PM, sross44 said:

This is a great summary of why people are migrating away from Plex. The goal is to get people to see that Emby as a solid and viable solution to switch to. 

Another thing I think would be a nice touch, would be to implement a rotating function for other artwork besides wallpaper.  I think my library would be more interesting if I could pre-configure all the nice artwork I find, and have it randomly change periodically. 

visproduction

I believe at certain screen widths, the position of the alpha sort letters can get hidden.  In other words the exisiting css style can break for some browsers at some monitor or browser window widths.  This kind of style bug can crop up and might not be noticed if all screen widths on all major browsers are not tested.  I use this added custom style for the alpha list and it helps with my desktop and mobile styles.  This probably could be condensed and optimized.

/* Desktop */ 
.alphaPickerButton-vertical {
   font-size: 17px !important;
   position:relative;
   left: 5px;
 }

/* Mobile portrait */ 
@media not all and (min-width: 26em) {
  .alphaPickerRow-vertical {
      background-color: #051D5A;
      border-left:1px solid #0b40ca;
      padding-right: 4px;