Talk about the Emby Q&A Session

Gilgamesh_48

Dreakon13

Mine did have an actual question but I don't really care.  I don't think it'll get answered anyways lol

1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

Mine did have an actual question but I don't really care.  I don't think it'll get answered anyways lol

I didn't read to the end. It's actually a good question. Could you pelase repost only the question?

Thanks

• Like 1

scb99
22 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

If development were to ever cease someday and any Premiere license check servers go offline, does the team have a plan?  Would you consider pushing out an update that allowed Emby Premiere features (ie. hardware transcoding) to work fully offline?

I asked that same question years ago when I started using Emby and was told (by ebr and others) to stop worrying!! I would like to see something written into the Company's articles (Satzung) in the event of any substantial change of ownership to protect premier users. I would like to ask if Emby would give consideration to such a solution?

Edited by scb99
  • Thanks 1

bakes82
On 2/27/2024 at 8:28 AM, scb99 said:

Will there be a way to handle TV episodes that are a single episode in TVDB but split into multiple episodes in all available media (many examples, such as all early Taggart stories which are shown as single episodes on TVDB but were in reality both transmitted and released on DVD as 3 part stories)?

I don’t follow,  mine seems to align with what’s on tvdb also they don’t have any dvd orderings.  Shows like Money Hiest have season orderings for Netflix vs default and in plex you can say for this series use the alt ordering.  Dunno about emby but the ordering would need to be on tvdb first and for taggart there isn’t so idk what you are talking about for these alt orderings.  Tvdb is god.

image.thumb.png.eb85f8b9d9a02cbd14bfd8032e92c0c8.png

scb99
10 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

I don’t follow,  mine seems to align with what’s on tvdb also they don’t have any dvd orderings.  Shows like Money Hiest have season orderings for Netflix vs default and in plex you can say for this series use the alt ordering.  Dunno about emby but the ordering would need to be on tvdb first and for taggart there isn’t so idk what you are talking about for these alt orderings.  Tvdb is god.

TV DB is wrong in very many cases including this one, for example Season 2 of Taggart was transmitted as 6 episodes

S02E01 Knife Edge, Part 1 (24 Feb 86)

S02E02 Knife Edge, Part 2 (3 Mar 86)

S02E03 Knife Edge, Part 3 (3 Mar 86)

S02E04 Death Call, Part 1 (2 Sep 86)

S02E05 Death Call, Part 1 (9 Sep 86)

S02E06 Death Call, Part 1 (16 Sep 86)

Many of these stories were later released as cut down anthology versions, probably you (and whoever created the tv db info) have these

TV DB is a jungle of mistakes for older TV material of which I have a lot. 

PS In case you are interested, here is a spreadsheet with the full correct info for the earlier episodes of Taggart. TVDB is wrong for 99% of this.

Taggart.xlsx

Edited by scb99

bakes82
3 minutes ago, scb99 said:

TV DB is wrong in very many cases including this one, for example Season 2 of Taggart was transmitted as 6 episodes

S02E01 Knife Edge, Part 1 (24 Feb 86)

S02E02 Knife Edge, Part 2 (3 Mar 86)

S02E03 Knife Edge, Part 3 (3 Mar 86)

S02E04 Death Call, Part 1 (2 Sep 86)

S02E05 Death Call, Part 1 (9 Sep 86)

S02E06 Death Call, Part 1 (16 Sep 86)

Many of these stories were later released as cut down anthology versions, probably you (and whoever created the tv db info) have these

TV DB is a jungle of mistakes for older TV material of which I have a lot. 

It can’t be wrong it’s the source of the truth…. So if claim it’s wrong and aren’t fixing it in tvdb nothing is going to be fixed. I also assume my files are part 1 and 2 combined and it matches the current truth as told by tvdb.

scb99
43 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

It can’t be wrong it’s the source of the truth…. So if claim it’s wrong and aren’t fixing it in tvdb nothing is going to be fixed. I also assume my files are part 1 and 2 combined and it matches the current truth as told by tvdb.

To sum up my request, and to avoid getting sidetracked into a pointless argument about TV DB:

I would like a way for Emby to handle the reverse situation of where TVDB episodes are separate on TV DB but combined in an Emby library (i.e. S01E01-E02) - which is where Episodes are combined together on TV DB but split into separate items in an Emby Library.

This happens quite often and is therefore worth catering for. It's not only because of errors in TV DB, but also because programs which were transmitted as a single episode are split up for DVD release, or transmitted differently in different territories.

For example, one could use a notation such as

S01E01-1 Episode, Part 1

S01E01-2 Episode, Part 2

Edited by scb99

bakes82
4 hours ago, scb99 said:

To sum up my request, and to avoid getting sidetracked into a pointless argument about TV DB:

I would like a way for Emby to handle the reverse situation of where TVDB episodes are separate on TV DB but combined in an Emby library (i.e. S01E01-E02) - which is where Episodes are combined together on TV DB but split into separate items in an Emby Library.

This happens quite often and is therefore worth catering for. It's not only because of errors in TV DB, but also because programs which were transmitted as a single episode are split up for DVD release, or transmitted differently in different territories.

For example, one could use a notation such as

S01E01-1 Episode, Part 1

S01E01-2 Episode, Part 2

You need to fix tvdb. It doesn’t matter what I name my files when thr SOURCE tvdb only had e 1-3.  So your request isn’t valid. You can easily go edit the meta of the items now manually and then lock it so it doesn’t change.  If you are unwilling to fix tvdb your issue will always be invalid as it’s the source so if it says 1-3. And you say 1-6 you are wrong until tvdb says 1-6 no matter what you say the source says you’re wrong.

• Disagree 1

HouseOfCards
On 2/22/2024 at 8:16 PM, bakes82 said:

What is a feature you think emby could implement that plex would be like omg we missed the boat and need to do that too, would be interesting since plex tends to have more features over all now.

I used to use Plex, but their model is to control the environment and lock you to them, so anything Emby can do to make the server more personal to you would extract customers from them. 

I am making an interactive streaming platform for my family, and I think that is what most users would want from their media server.  It's that simple.  Keep moving in that direction and the customers will follow.  Every time Plex goes down and you can't even watch content on your own network, people look at alternatives.  All Emby has to do is offer personalization and control to its users, and people will come to Emby whenever that happens.  How people can allow a third party to control whether they can watch their own videos is beyond comprehension to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

sross44
2 hours ago, HouseOfCards said:

I used to use Plex, but their model is to control the environment and lock you to them, so anything Emby can do to make the server more personal to you would extract customers from them. 

I am making an interactive streaming platform for my family, and I think that is what most users would want from their media server.  It's that simple.  Keep moving in that direction and the customers will follow.  Every time Plex goes down and you can't even watch content on your own network, people look at alternatives.  All Emby has to do is offer personalization and control to its users, and people will come to Emby whenever that happens.  How people can allow a third party to control whether they can watch their own videos is beyond comprehension to me.

This is something I keep pushing on other social media platforms when people complain about this exact thing with Plex. It's important for others to know that their gripes with Plex can often be solved with Emby. Glad to hear a user of Emby thinking the same way!

• Like 3

bakes82
9 hours ago, HouseOfCards said:

How people can allow a third party to control whether they can watch their own videos is beyond comprehension to me.

Emby is 3rd party…. Also I can’t even remember a time when plex being down has impact me being able to watch anything since most clients cache the credentials so even if they are down as long as the device was logged in before it happened it keeps working. But I also have more premium devices like appletvs and shields and don’t use tv or “sticks” that have no memory.

HouseOfCards
9 hours ago, bakes82 said:

Emby is 3rd party…. Also I can’t even remember a time when plex being down has impact me being able to watch anything since most clients cache the credentials so even if they are down as long as the device was logged in before it happened it keeps working. But I also have more premium devices like appletvs and shields and don’t use tv or “sticks” that have no memory.

Unless something has changed in the last couple years, I can assure you my Apple TV wouldn't play something from the server in my own house when the Plex service went down.  And it wasn't that rare. 

The questions, I'm sure, have been debated endlessly elsewhere...  But the over-arching theme with Plex is that it isn't one decision that someone may disagree with, it's the general direction of everything they do.  Adding all the "free" content you could get elsewhere with countless other services (Pluto, Crackle) intermingled with your own content is a move towards becoming a streaming service...  Tracking your log-ins through their service, rather than locally on your own network is a way to control access to content.  That's important if you intend to charge for premium content down the road...  Unless it has changed since I quit it, you couldn't even delete the play history of a user/e-mail address that you previously allowed to use your server.  Now why keep play history of your sisters e-mail address indefinitely?  Just more tracking data to market and sell....

Plex is moving from being a media server, to a streaming service that is nice enough to allow you to include your own media.  No thanks.

I'm all for these services making a buck...  I like Emby...  I want them to make a buck too.  They do good work, they are always responsive to issues and even development requests for features...  They should be paid for that.  But I don't want another service tracking me, especially inside my own house.  For me, every decision Plex was making was going in the wrong direction on that front...

• Like 7

sross44
5 hours ago, HouseOfCards said:

Unless something has changed in the last couple years, I can assure you my Apple TV wouldn't play something from the server in my own house when the Plex service went down.  And it wasn't that rare. 

The questions, I'm sure, have been debated endlessly elsewhere...  But the over-arching theme with Plex is that it isn't one decision that someone may disagree with, it's the general direction of everything they do.  Adding all the "free" content you could get elsewhere with countless other services (Pluto, Crackle) intermingled with your own content is a move towards becoming a streaming service...  Tracking your log-ins through their service, rather than locally on your own network is a way to control access to content.  That's important if you intend to charge for premium content down the road...  Unless it has changed since I quit it, you couldn't even delete the play history of a user/e-mail address that you previously allowed to use your server.  Now why keep play history of your sisters e-mail address indefinitely?  Just more tracking data to market and sell....

Plex is moving from being a media server, to a streaming service that is nice enough to allow you to include your own media.  No thanks.

I'm all for these services making a buck...  I like Emby...  I want them to make a buck too.  They do good work, they are always responsive to issues and even development requests for features...  They should be paid for that.  But I don't want another service tracking me, especially inside my own house.  For me, every decision Plex was making was going in the wrong direction on that front...

This is a great summary of why people are migrating away from Plex. The goal is to get people to see that Emby as a solid and viable solution to switch to. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

bakes82
13 hours ago, HouseOfCards said:

Mine has always played while plex has been down what 2x in over a year lol?  Maybe you have pins enabled or some other weird setup but mine reversed proxied has always worked as long as the device was logged in: IE you leave it on the plex home screen, you dont close the app.  I have far more issues with emby not refreshing the UI and having to force close it than any amount of times plex has been down.

@bakes82You are a strange bedfellow. One who constantly mentions ex-boyfriends and old lovers while in constantly company of the current boyfriend. You do know this is weird, right? Not being mean. Its just you come out just to try to knock us down or something compared to your old boyfriend/lover. Why is that? There is something about the universe that makes it seem to people this is acceptable lately? Because it is very off putting. Just find it strange.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

bakes82
31 minutes ago, speechles said:

@bakes82You are a strange bedfellow. One who constantly mentions ex-boyfriends and old lovers while in constantly company of the current boyfriend. You do know this is weird, right? Not being mean. Its just you come out just to try to knock us down or something compared to your old boyfriend/lover. Why is that? There is something about the universe that makes it seem to people this is acceptable lately? Because it is very off putting. Just find it strange.

I think you have me confused for someone else, because emby is more like the broke drugged out corner worker trying to get attention that you drive past... I dont use emby personally other than a dev box.  I just write plugins/integrations/scripts for other people they want to be able to disable accounts on xx date, or based on discord roles, etc.  You know being able to limit a user to only N # devices so they dont continually login new devices taking up slots, being able to kill 4k transcoded streams.  Lots of QoL things for people with lots of friends and/or multi servers, things that you guys say you "might" implement but havent in 5+ years.

Emby has alot of stuff to knock, what was the dev time for 4.8 again?  Why doesnt the appletv support DV?  Why hasnt the UI changed in how many years?  Why cant I kill a stream as a server admin?  Why cant I know how many device slots are being used for premier?  Why dont movies auto group like series?  Why cant I pin collections to the home screen?  Why is there no A-Z to be able to quickly navigate to a section of movies/series?  Funny how this list has been pretty much the same for hmm 3+ years now..... So if others are okay with a subpar experience good for them, last I knew I paid, so if you would like to give me a refund lets talk.

I also find it odd the people who cry about auth, if they ran it locally obviously didnt know you can bypass the auth so if the servers are down ......

image.png.5b6f4f220bb8c932a70638fa24ce847a.png 

• Disagree 3

@bakes82I meant that in the nicest way. The always putting Emby in the bad light while praise the other guys with good light. You come off like a sycophant. One that isn't rooting for the home team. So when you sit in the bleacher section on our side it becomes strange you root for the other side so often. It becomes less about what you post. More about that you feel you must post. Like above all you are the mouth piece for everyone here. There are others. They haven't posted because you sucked all the air out of this thread. You can pick Emby apart but you don't need to repeat the same things over and over to get your point across. We get it. You want things done at the speed of light. Damned how much it costs in dev time. Damned any family time you get to spend there. Everything must be done now. This is a small team really. It isn't some giant behemoth taking investors money with those investors demanding you return on their investment. It is a small team trying to do what you want. But time isn't endless and we all have real lives. There is a multitude of reasons why things take time. I really cannot explain why things take longer anywhere else except Roku. So please take what I say with a grain of salt. I am speaking from my own point of view. Not from the full Emby team point of view.

Q) Why cant I know how many device slots are being used for premier?
A) Because scumbags exist, read this as people who resell Emby subscriptions commercially to sell content they do not own copyright and then use to their financial advantage. Right now those scumbags have no idea how many slots they use, and then their paid subscribers come here and innocently disclose they bought from scumbags. Because bad people exist we cannot have nice things. Because bad people exist time must be spent chasing down that crap to try to bring it all down. Just stuff like that makes it harder to do nice things.

Q) Why doesnt the appletv support DV?
A) Because Apple does not make it easy. I do not know the real answer. But I suspect like on Roku, hard stuff takes longer...

Q) Why hasnt the UI changed in how many years?
A) Not sure I am fully following. Change the UI in which way? Can you elaborate on this?

Q) Why cant I kill a stream as a server admin?
A) A number of reasons. The client might not be able to be remotely controlled, like Roku. You would have to give a specific example where this happens for this to actually get solved.

Q) Why dont movies auto group like series? 
A) Because movies have alternate cuts, extras, etc and you can already group multiple movies by version in the same folder. There is a plugin that exists can be manually installed that does this. I use that plugin. Luke has also mentioned this is coming in the future. It will make your library scanning take longer when it does.

Q) Why cant I pin collections to the home screen
A) Because I have no idea what that means. Did Luke add that to some app or say we were going to do that? Does that add more value than other featues being added first. What is the priority you think pinning stuff should be put at? Curious...

Q) Why is there no A-Z to be able to quickly navigate to a section of movies/series? 
A) On which client? Do you mean on Apple TV for all these? I mean seriously I like the way you back to back the questions. More people need to do this. I seriously do not have an answer here. I can guess though. On Apple TV adding 27 small buttons in a row vertically off the left side is harder to do than the other apps? Otherwise wouldn't it already be done? I cannot only guess why. My answer when things aren't done is always going to be because it takes longer or is harder to do which may not be correct for others. I can only speak for myself.

57 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

So if others are okay with a subpar experience good for them, last I knew I paid, so if you would like to give me a refund lets talk.

You obviously aren't here to discuss things with that attitude. Otherwise why on Earth would you ask me and quote me for the refund. I am the Roku dude. Is the Roku letting you down? Okay, if it lets you down then I fail. So then how can I help you? Otherwise you are just really here to slow us down. It serves no purpose to have this type of dialog just to salt the water and kill all life as your last comment. You were doing good up until the point everybody died. Kinda. Remember we are human beings just like you. So lets talk about your issues. The subpar experience is something you talk about but I do not see it coming from anyone else. How is this subpar? Please give us your honest opinion. Don't say copy the other guys. Honestly give us some kind of idea what you mean.

57 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

emby is more like the broke drugged out corner worker trying to get attention that you drive past... 

Do you actually drive past though? I bet you stop at that guy occasionally, just to check prices so you can be sure you are selling yours for slightly less on the other corner? Haw.. see, I can joke around too. But seriously lighten up. We aren't crack heads out stealing mail to get your SSI check.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

JGale

@speechles I haven't been following this whole post, just saw an interesting thread and jumped to the end. Sounds like it's been quite a row, but I appreciate Emby so much. I tried Plex, then switched to Emby, and have been very happy with the change. Between this and the main "Ask the devs" thread, they feel a little bit like "Beat up the devs" threads, but I appreciate what y'all are doing. I've had some of the best customer service of my life from the Emby team, keep it up.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

adminExitium
5 hours ago, bakes82 said:

Lots of QoL things for people with lots of friends and/or multi servers

Most users here only have a single server (and maybe a separate beta server for testing at the most) and even those don't have a lot of "friends" as you say. Given that, it only makes sense to prioritise things that will benefit the majority rather than a very small minority of users.

• Like 1

bakes82
15 hours ago, speechles said:

@bakes82I meant that in the nicest way. The always putting Emby in the bad light while praise the other guys with good light. You come off like a sycophant. One that isn't rooting for the home team. So when you sit in the bleacher section on our side it becomes strange you root for the other side so often. It becomes less about what you post. More about that you feel you must post. Like above all you are the mouth piece for everyone here. There are others. They haven't posted because you sucked all the air out of this thread. You can pick Emby apart but you don't need to repeat the same things over and over to get your point across. We get it. You want things done at the speed of light. Damned how much it costs in dev time. Damned any family time you get to spend there. Everything must be done now. This is a small team really. It isn't some giant behemoth taking investors money with those investors demanding you return on their investment. It is a small team trying to do what you want. But time isn't endless and we all have real lives. There is a multitude of reasons why things take time. I really cannot explain why things take longer anywhere else except Roku. So please take what I say with a grain of salt. I am speaking from my own point of view. Not from the full Emby team point of view.

Q) Why cant I know how many device slots are being used for premier?
A) Because scumbags exist, read this as people who resell Emby subscriptions commercially to sell content they do not own copyright and then use to their financial advantage. Right now those scumbags have no idea how many slots they use, and then their paid subscribers come here and innocently disclose they bought from scumbags. Because bad people exist we cannot have nice things. Because bad people exist time must be spent chasing down that crap to try to bring it all down. Just stuff like that makes it harder to do nice things.

Q) Why doesnt the appletv support DV?
A) Because Apple does not make it easy. I do not know the real answer. But I suspect like on Roku, hard stuff takes longer...

Q) Why hasnt the UI changed in how many years?
A) Not sure I am fully following. Change the UI in which way? Can you elaborate on this?

Q) Why cant I kill a stream as a server admin?
A) A number of reasons. The client might not be able to be remotely controlled, like Roku. You would have to give a specific example where this happens for this to actually get solved.

Q) Why dont movies auto group like series? 
A) Because movies have alternate cuts, extras, etc and you can already group multiple movies by version in the same folder. There is a plugin that exists can be manually installed that does this. I use that plugin. Luke has also mentioned this is coming in the future. It will make your library scanning take longer when it does.

Q) Why cant I pin collections to the home screen
A) Because I have no idea what that means. Did Luke add that to some app or say we were going to do that? Does that add more value than other featues being added first. What is the priority you think pinning stuff should be put at? Curious...

Q) Why is there no A-Z to be able to quickly navigate to a section of movies/series? 
A) On which client? Do you mean on Apple TV for all these? I mean seriously I like the way you back to back the questions. More people need to do this. I seriously do not have an answer here. I can guess though. On Apple TV adding 27 small buttons in a row vertically off the left side is harder to do than the other apps? Otherwise wouldn't it already be done? I cannot only guess why. My answer when things aren't done is always going to be because it takes longer or is harder to do which may not be correct for others. I can only speak for myself.

You obviously aren't here to discuss things with that attitude. Otherwise why on Earth would you ask me and quote me for the refund. I am the Roku dude. Is the Roku letting you down? Okay, if it lets you down then I fail. So then how can I help you? Otherwise you are just really here to slow us down. It serves no purpose to have this type of dialog just to salt the water and kill all life as your last comment. You were doing good up until the point everybody died. Kinda. Remember we are human beings just like you. So lets talk about your issues. The subpar experience is something you talk about but I do not see it coming from anyone else. How is this subpar? Please give us your honest opinion. Don't say copy the other guys. Honestly give us some kind of idea what you mean.

Do you actually drive past though? I bet you stop at that guy occasionally, just to check prices so you can be sure you are selling yours for slightly less on the other corner? Haw.. see, I can joke around too. But seriously lighten up. We aren't crack heads out stealing mail to get your SSI check.

TLDR: things are hard for you so you don’t do it, got it, it’s why I don’t use emby lol.  The a-z is in every client I’ve tried, it’s not even in the web version.  Sorry I don’t use Roku as they then to be some of the worst devices for media streaming.  The ability to pin collections to home is widely requested from your community lol and luke has even said they plan on supporting it I think maybe with smart collections.  It’s almost like you guys don’t even talk. Maybe that’s the issue with emby. You are so fragmented you have no idea what’s even going on.  Your comment on the grouping plug-in isn’t valid either go look at the recent comments of it not working people using random non posted versions lol.  As for not being able to kill a stream because of a client lol. Odd how the stream originates from my server. Again lots of issues with emby that make it unusable for me personally.  Just like not knowing how many devices I’m using but have paid for, seem kind of like fraud to me.  Hey you can use up to xxx devices but we won’t tell you and you can’t confirm it so who even knows if you get what you pay for.  If you’re commenting and representing emby I’ll always ask for a refund, how would I know wtf you work on.  Also per your other owner/dev you can’t easily trace or track share sellers lol so the whole device thing is pointless you just spin up more dockers on a node with diff keys, not that hard of an issue to get around especially with 75 device licenses when an avg node will only support maybe 50 concurrent direct play streams you have 2 dockers with 75 each assuming less than half will be on at any given time.  It’s basic mathematics here.  For the ui it’s very bland and boring to be a modern media center, the huge emby logo in corner is intrusive, it’s like the only ui where there isnt a vertical nav on left for the libraries.  There seems to be a bunch of wasted spaces on appletv if you on a series arrow down to one of the up next episodes the screen shifts down where it shouldn’t need to and then you could show the description above overlayed on the background but instead you then have to click onto it to see a description.  Even on the Home Screen in many of the other platforms you get a description and artwork at the top so you don’t have to click in, not in emby.   But emby pulls from appletv which also doesn’t have this and their UI seems more tailored for iPhones and being able to scroll with one hand, I think on iPhone their ui looks a lot better than on the appletv because it’s more condensed and more vertical.  I also don’t see emby really changing anything anytime soon and with how long development takes and since appletv is “hard” to develop for why not just drop support for things like that if you can’t properly support it and just focus on a core set of devices, but currently partially supporting devices seems kinda bad since many of the issues have been around for years and don’t seem to be able to be fixed

darkassassin07

For someone so unhappy with emby, you seem to never leave.

Why do you spend all your time here if you hate the project so much?

(you're here literally every single day commenting on something, usually just trying to bring everyone around you down and shitting on other people's opinions)

Move on already, clearly this isn't the place for you.

• Agree 4

pwhodges
2 hours ago, bakes82 said:

The a-z is in every client I’ve tried, it’s not even in the web version.

An incoherent statement, first saying that it's in every client, then that it's not in the web client (which of course it actually is).

Since you say you don't even use Emby, perhaps you should refrain from commenting until you've found the opportunity to get some real experience with it.

I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings to say that I expect very few people are even bothering to read your posts any more.

• Agree 1

HouseOfCards

TLDR: things are hard for you so you don’t do it, got it, it’s why I don’t use emby lol.  The a-z is in every client I’ve tried, it’s not even in the web version.  Sorry I don’t use Roku as they then to be some of the worst devices for media streaming.  The ability to pin collections to home is widely requested from your community lol and luke has even said they plan on supporting it I think maybe with smart collections.  It’s almost like you guys don’t even talk. Maybe that’s the issue with emby. You are so fragmented you have no idea what’s even going on.  Your comment on the grouping plug-in isn’t valid either go look at the recent comments of it not working people using random non posted versions lol.  As for not being able to kill a stream because of a client lol. Odd how the stream originates from my server. Again lots of issues with emby that make it unusable for me personally.  Just like not knowing how many devices I’m using but have paid for, seem kind of like fraud to me.  Hey you can use up to xxx devices but we won’t tell you and you can’t confirm it so who even knows if you get what you pay for.  If you’re commenting and representing emby I’ll always ask for a refund, how would I know wtf you work on.  Also per your other owner/dev you can’t easily trace or track share sellers lol so the whole device thing is pointless you just spin up more dockers on a node with diff keys, not that hard of an issue to get around especially with 75 device licenses when an avg node will only support maybe 50 concurrent direct play streams you have 2 dockers with 75 each assuming less than half will be on at any given time.  It’s basic mathematics here.  For the ui it’s very bland and boring to be a modern media center, the huge emby logo in corner is intrusive, it’s like the only ui where there isnt a vertical nav on left for the libraries.  There seems to be a bunch of wasted spaces on appletv if you on a series arrow down to one of the up next episodes the screen shifts down where it shouldn’t need to and then you could show the description above overlayed on the background but instead you then have to click onto it to see a description.  Even on the Home Screen in many of the other platforms you get a description and artwork at the top so you don’t have to click in, not in emby.   But emby pulls from appletv which also doesn’t have this and their UI seems more tailored for iPhones and being able to scroll with one hand, I think on iPhone their ui looks a lot better than on the appletv because it’s more condensed and more vertical.  I also don’t see emby really changing anything anytime soon and with how long development takes and since appletv is “hard” to develop for why not just drop support for things like that if you can’t properly support it and just focus on a core set of devices, but currently partially supporting devices seems kinda bad since many of the issues have been around for years and don’t seem to be able to be fixed

I'm responding just so you would get another notification bell...  I have a feeling that is important to you.  You're welcome.  🤣

• Haha 5

TMCsw

TLDR:

Forget the TL just DR

image.png.f098b102239b53f0ff26bd543766af39.png

Problem Solved 😜

• Like 1
  • Agree 2