Okay, so I just spend 2 min, I went to google - typed in "emby shares"

First link goes to reddit:  

Scroll down that found this link:

Shopping Cart - The Hive Storage

image.thumb.png.50e1193bf7c4c33d4db3921fd26557f0.png

Found this also in the post:

image.png.fc0f2effbd4e701078ba6dca055c5b1b.png

Ill take my bounty now.

Well done bro. Have you checked to see if these are real or just a scam?

bakes82
29 minutes ago, iiiJoe said:

Well done bro. Have you checked to see if these are real or just a scam?

Yeah everything is a scam bro.  You’re super smart.

iiiJoe
30 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Yeah everything is a scam bro.  You’re super smart.

I’m guessing that’s a no, lol. Also, why not convey this supposedly relevant info to Emby team privately, instead of showing it to everyone; thus perpetuating the exact problem you say you want the team to solve?

23 hours ago, Lambtalk said:

He does not "run" Jellyfin. It is a community driven project. The Project Lead is not the same person who made emby-unlocked.

image.png.d36b670fcef280e367ebb8e269211a2b.pngCVo

But the facts do not align with your point of view. That same guy claims to be the guy who runs it.

( note: I wiped a bunch of junk from his BIO that is pointless to know in the context of this conversation. I left the whitespace there for that removed text. If you go to this persons BIO on GitHub you will see this is a true and accurate representation of the facts. Notice he now wears a suit and tie in his GH picture. He so wants to be Luke. LOL. That pic of Luke in a suit is all over the internets from that interview he gave. )

------

Anyways. This topic is more about users having a voice than keeping History accurate. What do other media applications do that Emby isn't doing? How can we better help the userbase? What are we not doing that we should be doing?

Edited by speechles
  • Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1

Lambtalk
10 minutes ago, speechles said:

image.png.d36b670fcef280e367ebb8e269211a2b.pngCVo

But the facts do not align with your point of view. That same guy claims to be the guy who runs it.

( note: I wiped a bunch of junk from his BIO that is pointless to know in the context of this conversation. I left the whitespace there for that removed text. If you go to this persons BIO on GitHub you will see this is a true and accurate representation of the facts. Notice he now wears a suit and tie in his GH picture. He so wants to be Luke. LOL. That pic of Luke in a suit is all over the internets from that interview he gave. )

------

Anyways. This topic is more about users having a voice than keeping History accurate. What do other media applications do that Emby isn't doing? How can we better help the userbase? What are we not doing that we should be doing?

Sorry, but the facts don't align with your point of view. Joshua Boniface is the Jellyfin Project Lead, yes. He is not however, the person who created emby-unlocked, which is exactly what I said.

emby-unlocked was created by nvllsvm, who came up with the name Jellyfin and is part of the Jellyfin team. nvllsvm is not the Project Lead. Good revisionist history though.

And I'm not sure why you think a picture of someone wearing a suit means they want to be Luke. A suit is a pretty universal form of professional dress code and not something Luke invented when he gave an interview. 

But that'll be the last I say on the matter, as the topic has been derailed enough and it's clear you are either purposely misrepresenting the facts or you are unintentionally perpetuating the narrative of the uninformed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bakes82 said:

When someone is robbing a store the police don’t tell me to go arrest the person.  What more info do you want me to give?  These places are using PRIVATE discords, we have already determined 95% will be using hetzner servers.  It’s not like when baconfeet was doing it and they had a public website lol. They use underground means, telegram, etc.  at some point the emby folks if they care need to figure out a tracking mechanism or just say we can’t do anything about and it’s fine.  They know who they sell device licenses too and the qty, I believe per their agreement they are also allowed to audit the servers for content?  Maybe start there?  I don’t know what information emby collects maybe they don’t have the information like plex has since plex phones home, but I assume they have the ips when you register a premier license to a server, and we know they track devices which also have ips since they are the ones who control the actual in use count and don’t expose it to us because I’m not sure why luke said it some where.  I’m also sure they aren’t going to tell us what tracking methods they have just like plex doesn’t, I’m just point out some of the major ones we know based of what plex has done.  If plex comes out tomorrow and says we banning all servers in Kenya I guess add that as possible criteria.

We have put limits in place with the express purpose of making it harder for these guys to operate with us but we don't spend our valuable time trying to chase them down nor do we collect the kind of information that would make that easy.

My point above was that your statement - which you have made multiple times in the past - was and is blatantly false and you had no foundation with which to make such an assertion.  We actually do the opposite in that we actively refuse money these guys try to give us for larger licenses.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Lambtalk said:

But that'll be the last I say on the matter

This statement may come back to haunt you. My statement stands.

• Haha 1

bakes82
1 hour ago, iiiJoe said:

I’m guessing that’s a no, lol. Also, why not convey this supposedly relevant info to Emby team privately, instead of showing it to everyone; thus perpetuating the exact problem you say you want the team to solve?

I’m not trying to solve a problem.  I’m point out a problem.  You seem to think I personally care lol. I don’t even use emby as my primary media server.

bakes82
35 minutes ago, ebr said:

We actually do the opposite in that we actively refuse money these guys try to give us for larger licenses.

This is why Kronos exists so you run multi dockers on same server with diff keys. Pretty simple to get around your “large” key ban thing at this point.  You can believe what you want. Time to fire up my own shares I guess, hear there is great money to be made and you said you can’t track it so will be Gucci.

Edited by bakes82

iiiJoe
13 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

I’m not trying to solve a problem.  I’m point out a problem.  You seem to think I personally care lol. 

You seem to be VERY invested, lol. 

13 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

don’t even use emby as my primary media server.

Then why are you here? My time is valuable and I wouldn’t waste it on forums for products I don’t use. You’re hilarious 😂

Edited by iiiJoe
  • Agree 5

bakes82
2 hours ago, iiiJoe said:

Then why are you here? My time is valuable and I wouldn’t waste it on forums for products I don’t use. You’re hilarious 😂

I can multi task when watching tv or playing games. It’s very easy plus seems to bother you.

bakes82
2 hours ago, iiiJoe said:

Yes, if they can’t fix it or track it. Good for me to do shares now lol. 

pwhodges

You sound as if you think you're being clever.  You aren't.

Paul

• Agree 2

bakes82
11 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

You sound as if you think you're being clever.  You aren't.

Paul

Clever?  No, if they are admitting it then they just paved the way for more people to share since there is 0 repercussions.  End of day MPAA will come after Emby for allowing the facilitation of pirated materials, because the report will be this EMBY server is streaming it.  Youve already started to see some of it with Plex, if they say no local media, people come to emby the eye moves with it.

iiiJoe
38 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

I can multi task when watching tv or playing games. It’s very easy plus seems to bother you.

I really love the circus but it’s gotten a little expensive and takes a lot time out of the day. I like it because it’s very difficult to find genuine real life clowns to be entertained by. Thank you, for saving me the time and money 😏

arrbee99

Is this thread in the running for the most boring of the week competition ?

sross44
47 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Is this thread in the running for the most boring of the week competition ?

Well it wasn't intended to be. Sadly it has gone off the rails because some folks can't just take something light hearted and go with it. Instead it turns into this. Frustrating to say the least. 

arrbee99
3 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Well it wasn't intended to be. Sadly it has gone off the rails because some folks can't just take something light hearted and go with it. Instead it turns into this. Frustrating to say the least. 

Ah well, as I think softworkz (?) mentioned, pick out the actual questions and (hopefully) they're useful / usable...

• Like 1

iiiJoe

Guys, I don’t disagree that this thread has gone off topic. But nice to see a few ppl stand up, tbh. 

iiiJoe
4 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

mentioned, pick out the actual questions and (hopefully) they're useful / usable

Very excited for the Q&A!!!

Edited by iiiJoe

scb99
22 hours ago, adminExitium said:

What (if any) kind of improvements are planned for the release process?

I would echo some of these points. I and others have commented on the beta process, and while not expecting a detailed answer, I would like to know that these comments were taken on board.

I also was very surprised how the 4.8 release dropped, 2 years of development without, as far as I could see, much done to prepare the userbase for the wave of changes that were coming. Normally there would be release notes with major changes, what to look out for, etc etc. It seems like the whole thing was simply dropped onto the unsuspecting users.

I would be very interested to know if Emby will look at MPEG-DASH

On a personal note, I have two things from my personal wishlist

I would like sound extras to again be playable, as they were in 4.7 but no longer are in 4.8, already noted by someone else and I plus-oned it

I would like a way to handle TV episodes that are a single episode in TVDB but split into multiple episodes in my library

PS I wasn't going to add this but now I will even though I suspect it doesn't add anything for now

Emby and all these systems are basically 3 components

Capture

Library Management

Playback

How much separation is possible between these, with standardisation of the interfaces, and longer term virtualisation?

Edited by scb99
  • Like 1

Dreakon13
11 hours ago, sross44 said:

You have two kinds of people on the forums enough to notice this thread... people frustrated with immediate issues they're having, or people frustrated with longer term issues/requests/the state of Emby and its development.  Right or wrong, these people are kinda fixated on these things and feel like every second not talking about it is another second the Emby team is let off the hook, and a Q&A really just opens the door for more of it.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a question that I feel like the team might actually be comfortable answering knowing the pipeline, development and basically questions about Emby as a whole are off the table lol... this is something I'm genuinely curious about though...

If development were to ever cease someday and any Premiere license check servers go offline, does the team have a plan?  Would you consider pushing out an update that allowed Emby Premiere features (ie. hardware transcoding) to work fully offline?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

We have split-off all non-question posts into this conversation.

Please continue here. Only posts with real questions are allowed in the original topic from now on.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 2

scb99
3 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Some good questions have been asked, we'll give it a little more time, so...

Just keep it going!

Please note:

Nobody must be afraid of getting stupid comments to their question(s)!

You have moved my last post to the new thread even though it consisted of questions to which I would have liked answers?

1 minute ago, scb99 said:

You have moved my last post to the new thread even though it consisted of questions to which I would have liked answers?

It was a list of what you want. Those weren't questions 😉