ardinesh

ardinesh

Hey Emby Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I've been encountering a peculiar issue with audio playback in the Emby app on my primary device, an Android phone (SM-J600G, Android 10). This problem has persisted for about a year, and I thought it's high time to bring it to your attention.

Description: The issue manifests when attempting to play songs from my music library. Occasionally, the selected song takes an unusually long time to play, and I notice that the media playback notification doesn't display the image of the selected song. Subsequently, any subsequent attempts to play songs from my music library fail. Strangely enough, the tracks, albums, or playlists that I attempted to play during this issue spontaneously start playing later when I'm not using the app, or when watching movies or shows.

Observations:

1. Selected song takes longer to play.
  2. No image of the selected song in the media playback notification.

Behavior:

• Unable to play any song from the music library when the issue occurs.

Version Information:

• Emby Server Version: 4.8.0.63 beta
  • Emby Android App Version: 3.3.56 (latest pre-release)

Device Information:

• Model: SM-J600G
  • Android Version: 10

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch Emby app.
  2. Select a song from the music library.
  3. Observe the two signs mentioned above.

Additional Notes:

• I haven't had the opportunity to test this on other devices as my current setup revolves around this primary device.

This issue has been persistent since I started using Emby, and its intermittent nature makes it challenging to pinpoint the root cause. I'm reaching out to the community and the Emby team for insights and assistance in resolving this matter.

Thanks for your time and support!

Best,

Dinesh Shrestha

ardinesh

Hey @Luke,

Hope you're doing well! Thanks for the prompt response. I've gathered the requested information regarding the media playback issue. Here's a breakdown of what I found:

Logs: I've attached logs from both the Emby server and the Android app for your analysis.

Screenshots:

1. Screenshot 1: This captures the point where the issue initiates. The selected song plays fine, but the notification area fails to display the song image.
  2. Screenshot 2: Any subsequent songs I attempt to play during this issue do not play.

Behavior Description:

• After a few minutes, the initially troubled song starts playing, but only in the background, visible in the notification area but the song cannot be paused or stopped from notification.
  • Can see miniplayer after opening the app.
  • Expanding the miniplayer, the stop button does not halt playback; the song continues in the background.
  • To stop it, I need to either force stop the app or let the song complete if it's the only one in the queue.

I hope this provides a clearer picture of the issue. If there's any other specific information you need or additional steps to follow, please let me know. Your guidance is much appreciated!

Looking forward to resolving this quirk in the playback experience.

Best regards,

Dinesh Shrestha

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

embyserver.txt emby_android_1704072921856.txt

• 1 month later...
ardinesh
13 hours ago, Luke said:

@ardineshare you still able to reproduce this with the latest build?

Yes @Luke.

I am still able to reproduce this in the latest build.

Can you please try the latest build again (3.3.65) and see if that helps? Thanks.

ardinesh
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please try the latest build again (3.3.65) and see if that helps? Thanks.

Hi @Luke

It's something that I need to wait further because I am not sure when it might appear as it is not always reproduced. I will report back if I get it back later after further usage. Thanks.

• Thanks 1