I'm having inconsistent video playback on my Emby Theatre

CavTG

So I have a Emby Premiere subscription, which in theory should allow me to stream between my TV and on my phone and so on. I'm running my server on my main gaming PC, which is a high spec AMD config. My files are all stored on my B3 Excito server running debian. In theory there should be no issue in video playback, especially since my internet is a fiber connection here in Sweden with 250MB/s down and 250MB/s up. 

Even though all of the things listed above, sometimes my video playback doesn't play at all, lags or freezes. I read that subtitles may be the issue, it's not something I have encountered as being an issue but idk. 

Furthermore, my iPhone doesn't seem to be able to reach Emby when I'm outside - even though it could before - and Emby Connect has never worked for me. 

Would be very thankful for any help on the matter so I can solve these issues once and for all. Could different video formats slow down the playback? I know MKV formats are challenging for some video playback softwares for example.

Hi, is the problem only with certain files? Do you have anything lower bitrate that you can test against for comparison purposes?

On 20/12/2023 at 04:06, Luke said:

Hi, is the problem only with certain files? Do you have anything lower bitrate that you can test against for comparison purposes?

Yeah, some files lag more than others. Larger files seem to lag more, but that would only make sense in the first "load in" section - not when it's been playing for a while. An example from yesterday, I was watching "Coming to America" and as soon as the intro was over the movie just quit and I had to restart the movie since I could not fast forward without it freezing permanently.

Happy holidays btw. And good continuance.

• 3 weeks later...