Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

Angelblue05

The beta repo is very stable at this time. I believe xnappo is about to push a stable version (same as beta version 0.9.713) very shortly, if you are willing to wait for it. :)

xnappo

How do I get beta repo on android?-Thx

You must have installed it differently on your Android device.  I am pushing to the stable repo now, but if you installed from the XBMC repo rather than the XBMB3C repo, you will need to uninstall and then re-install.  

im85288

@@xnappo - I uploaded a new version 0.9.714 which repositions where the options for theme music and theme videos are located in the settings.

e123enitan

I just updated my repo with 0.9.714, after reinstalling xbmc scrach, every thing looks ok, in/out of play seems faster that earlier noticed/reported.

Howvever, I keep getting this error message  when I try to lunch movies menu: some like

URL script fail, then nothing happen, go back to movie menu and click again this time error did not displayed and I was a ble to review movie list.

I thought I record log as per below, hope it helps to investigate the root cause of this issue

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=355108

dark_slayer

Hey @@xnappo

The recent improvements vs the stable repo were fixes for

-timeout (never really had and couldn't test)

-addon showing up twice (fixed for me)

-@'s new image caching (works nice for me)

-video backdrops for 1080XF (never checked)

-fixed broken add-on browsing ability of xbmb3c (haven't checked this yet)

e123enitan

Hey xnappo,

As mentioned beofre I updated to repo to 0.9.7.14

Issues noticed:

1. URL Error script, can not connect to serever both adriod & windows 7, strange I can still play movies
  2. Waiting time on the thumnail improved but not impresive, still slow between play-stop and resume of posters/fanarts 

Just wondering if in this log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=355108, you may have deduced the cause and please advice if its something I have done wrong either on the client or and server?

shaefurr

So loving the way the titan theme and xbmc3 look, so gorgeous!

Only have 2 issues, 1 being when the intros are playing moving to a different item lags for a second as it stops playing, which is no bid deal and I haven't even bothered to mess with it at all.

But this one just isn't working for me, if I choose in the xbmbc3 options for play after clicking, movies and shows play fine, if I have it show info, the info shows but the play button doesn't work, though the trailer button does.

Edited by shaefurr

marcelveldt

This reminds me that we have to make some fail-safe in there for incorrect username...

I just had re-installed my own httpc in the livingroom and also typed my username wrong..

Almost impossible to get to the addonsettings to correct it :-)

e123enitan

Thz - Shall give this try when I get hope and post an update, I hope the solution you suggested resolved the issue.

Cheers

e123enitan

The Link works well this morning when I checked it

Here is the reply message from XBMC after log upload

"You have recently uploaded some logs to xbmcLogs.com, these logs will be available for the next month and you can access them using the following links:"

Your debug xbmc.log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=355108

We hope you find this service useful!

Regards,

The xbmcLogs Team

e123enitan

Apology -If I have not expressed my issue clearly does I haven’t received no assistance.

Installed these following last Night

Skin –Titan

Repo-1.0.301

XBMB3C 0.9.7.14

I am able to connect to server and play movies, but intermittently I get an error “unable to connect to server”

Could it be I may have typed user name incorrectly ie with space? And

Could it be the reason why fanart/posters are slow to load?

marcelveldt

Apology -If I have not expressed my issue clearly does I haven’t received no assistance.

Installed these following last Night

Skin –Titan

Repo-1.0.301

XBMB3C 0.9.7.14

I am able to connect to server and play movies, but intermittently I get an error “unable to connect to server”

Could it be I may have typed user name incorrectly ie with space? And

Could it be the reason why fanart/posters are slow to load?

Yes, if you get those message it means that the connection to the MB3 server fails,

propably because of wrong credentials in the XBMB3C addon.

Please check your credentials and note that after changing the credentials you have to restart XBMC to make the error messages go away.

Let me know if you fixed it with this info.

Otherwise please send us your xbmc logfile...

shaefurr

Just curious if I missed something here, installed Kodi helix beta 3, the kodi repo from here 1.0.301, installed XBMC3 and the titan skin, it finds the server but keeps getting errors?

http://justpaste.it/i29m

marcelveldt

Just curious if I missed something here, installed Kodi helix beta 3, the kodi repo from here 1.0.301, installed XBMC3 and the titan skin, it finds the server but keeps getting errors?

http://justpaste.it/i29m

Unable to connect to <none>:8096 : [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

Looks like you have to enter your server information.

Go to addons --> video addons --> xbmb3c --> settings  and fill in your servername, username, password etc.

marcelveldt

So loving the way the titan theme and xbmc3 look, so gorgeous!

Only have 2 issues, 1 being when the intros are playing moving to a different item lags for a second as it stops playing, which is no bid deal and I haven't even bothered to mess with it at all.

But this one just isn't working for me, if I choose in the xbmbc3 options for play after clicking, movies and shows play fine, if I have it show info, the info shows but the play button doesn't work, though the trailer button does.

Please set that option in normal xbmc and try again. So, xbmb3c setting To play or resume and xbmc setting to show info.

e123enitan

just examine what may be possible reason "error script, follow by URL not able to connect server", so turn on xbmb3c debug bottom, then this message came up.

Profiling enable pls remember to turn of after test "error in Artwork Rotation Thread" could this be the cause of error script that is populating on my andriod . I have exactly same settings on windows7 with no issue. Forget to mentioned user name is fine no space, I even tried with same user profile on windows same issue.

Titan 3.1.15

Xbmb3c .0.9.7.13 beta repo

I have install/installed xbmc several times with no avail, one thing that is obvious is when I installed xbmc over again the default xbmb3c in addon program is always 9.7

I have to install beta repo from MB site.

Wondering if this could have contributed to script and not connecting to server issue? Just guessing

Excused my long writing.

xnappo

If it says 0.9.7, you have 0.9.7.  I don't know why, but go into your addons directory and manually delete it (plugin.video.xbmb3c) and then reinstall.

xnappo

saitoh183

If it says 0.9.7, you have 0.9.7.  I don't know why, but go into your addons directory and manually delete it (plugin.video.xbmb3c) and then reinstall.

xnappo

@@e123enitan

Close xbmc, navigate to the addon directory and in packages and delete all reference to xbmb3c also go into userdata/addon_data and delete the xbmb3c folder. start xbmc and install the beta repo and get the latest beta (0.9.714) and then add your username/password in the settings and try it again

• Like 1