The Return of the Green Button

softworkz

arrbee99

I'd like to think its a subtle way of saying were getting nextgen TV cause WMC was so good at live TV, but I'm fairly sure I'm just missing clutching at those straws again.

• Haha 1

Riddler84

Can I expect some big news about a new fully working client or is this just some inside joke for some Emby veterans and I can unfollow this thread 😉

1 hour ago, softworkz said:

image.gif.82961a2eb55a883eb9bcce21148dc50d.gif

BTW, the above was meant to be a subtle hint at that it's actually not WMC.
A true WMC lover could have recognized that the two leftmost buttons do not exist in WMC, LOL..

• Haha 1

seanbuff
38 minutes ago, softworkz said:

A true WMC lover could have recognized that the two leftmost buttons do not exist in WMC, LOL..

So my guess would be this WMC clone will be the latest addition to the Emby theme catalog?

Good work @softworkz 👏🏽

• Thanks 1

chef

I've got it!

It's a skin for the WebApp! 

I'm not entirely sure if it's all custom css, or if we are about to get a skinning engine.

Either way, this is awesome! 

• Thanks 1

chef
1 hour ago, TMCsw said:

@softworkzjust take it easy the "majic/magic" effect of the mushrooms will where-off in a few days or so..

Oh thank gawd they where-off. 😆

• Haha 1

Junglejim
14 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Maybe it's like a unified skin for external players.

Very well could be... I think it's got something to do with the web app.. When he hovers over the controls it pop's up a button image.? aka WMC.

Totally in the dark with this one. 😆

Nice thread though, got everyone thinking. 👍

Edited by Junglejim

17 hours ago, seanbuff said:

So my guess would be this WMC clone will be the latest addition to the Emby theme catalog?

16 hours ago, chef said:

I've got it!

It's a skin for the WebApp! 

We got two winners! Congrats! 

🎇🎆

Edited by softworkz
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chef said:

I'm not entirely sure if it's all custom css, or if we are about to get a skinning engine.

It's very advanced CSS. The start menu button above is built with 10 layers, 7 of which are animated.

unisoft

WMC? Definitely in!

Luke / emby dev just took an axe to the blue WMC colour on the LG 1.0.37 update though, leaving just dark theme.

WMC was great interface, just MS gave up finishing it off because they sold their IPTV business Media Room, and rights holders wouldn't sell their media to be used in MCML apps because they were miffed people had an easy way of recording tv content and in the UK, got around encrypted guide data for HD services by getting them from a Web download instead of over the air data.

If emby apps introduced a WMC theme as a plug in that's worth paying a lifetime subscription again...I think WMC would need a little updating though to show 'latest content'. It was never great at that or 'suggestions'...

Edited by unisoft
Removed blank lines
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, unisoft said:

If emby apps introduced a WMC theme as a plug in that's worth paying a lifetime subscription again..

Even though I'm can do this "from the inside" and we're working internally on integrating it smoothly, this one is my own private side-project. So maybe I should fire-up a license sale, LOL. 🙂 

• Haha 1

justinrh
On 1/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, softworkz said:

The start menu button above is built with 10 layers

Will that help TV start better?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Will that help TV start better?

Well, in some way yes. Super-fast playback start and channel switching has been implemented in TVnext (yet unreleased). I'll use this theme to for testing, because the other themes don't have channel up/down OSD buttons (at the moment).

Besides, if you want to complain about lacking TVnext progress, you're welcome to do so, but please choose a more suitable topic (or create a new one).

Thank you!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

bungee91
2 hours ago, softworkz said:

Besides, if you want to complain about lacking TVnext progress, you're welcome to do so, but please choose a more suitable topic (or create a new one).

Thank you!

Challenge accepted https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/115305-to-complain-about-lacking-tvnext-progress/. Your move.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:02 PM, softworkz said:

Even though I'm can do this "from the inside" and we're working internally on integrating it smoothly, this one is my own private side-project. So maybe I should fire-up a license sale, LOL. 🙂 

I would gladly pay for an additional/renewal license for this and Tvnext. 🤑

• Like 1

seanbuff
28 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Today I have a much bigger piece for you

Oh wow, it's the entire old WMC interface! I thought we were just looking at a theme for the playback screen only.

That's impressive, well done.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Oh wow, it's the entire old WMC interface! I thought we were just looking at a theme for the playback screen only.

It's about everything. Even including server settings.

I have seen so many bad clones over the years, so for me it was either: Do it right and accurate or not at all 🙂 

• Agree 2