The Return of the Green Button

softworkz

13 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

TVNext and this should be a very nice combo.

Oh - now that you say it - yes! 

What a coincidence...

arrbee99
10 minutes ago, softworkz said:

The first one (green) is a well-known patch which replaces all resources. This wouldn't be too difficult - but seriously...GREEN?

The second of your images is a mock-up. It's not a patched WMC with a different background - it's just photoshopped. The fonts are wrong for instance.

Oh well, I duuno how those images were actually achieved. And yes, green. Not usually a green fan (see Emby logo), but it depends on the exact shade I guess.

Grey might be boring, might be nice. I quite like this NextPVR theme, for instance just as an illustration / thought -

265046117_WMCNextPVRtheme.thumb.jpg.219efa7d69130d0504c9b40a77d15175.jpg

but I guess you're doing a pretty strict WMC thing.

arrbee99
7 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Oh - now that you say it - yes! 

What a coincidence...

That is indeed, as they say, spooky...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Grey might be boring, might be nice. I quite like this NextPVR theme, for instance just as an illustration / thought -

I'm afraid, but such things are totally out of scope. This side project has a clearly defined objective: Bringing both - the look and the feel - of WMC very accurately to Emby in form of a theme.  "A Theme" is singular. It will be one theme, not two, not three, nor more.

This is NOT a secondary line of client development. If you want to request features or themes - you know where to do that 🙂 

The only kind of acceptable wish-list requests are such which would be about making a certain part more like WMC...

Edited by softworkz

arrbee99

Ah well, as they say (not sure if thats the same 'they' though, probably not), there's no harm in asking.

13 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

there's no harm in asking

I'm not sure...what's next? Might you be planning to ask for a plex theme as well..?

• Haha 1

arrbee99

Magnificent is it not -

708998610_WMCOrangea.png.b88a2ebc93fe097e1655df2f1511387f.png

- who could not like that ?

Yes OK, I have the paint.net skills of a person who uses paint.net about once a decade...

• Haha 1

arrbee99

...because you know what you're doing and I can barely copy other other peoples stuff.

I'll just have a quick go running through your example about a dozen times to see how far I get...

On the server dashboard, go to Settings and paste the following into "Custom CSS":

BODY { animation: filter-animation 8s infinite; }

@keyframes filter-animation {
  0% { filter: hue-rotate(0deg);  }
  100% { filter: hue-rotate(360deg); }
}

Save and enjoy! 😉

Edited by softworkz

arrbee99

Coolio. Thanks.

Did I really just say coolio ?

Anyway, must admit that really makes me lust after a way to  have a proper theme picker creator that interacts with Emby so you can just have Emby and a colour wheel or something open and just click on a colour, see it instantly applied and saved if you like the result.

I did a feature request for basically that in 2017 but its wildly unpopular.

Not a WMC thing but any publicity is good publicity 😀

Edited by arrbee99

unisoft

This is all very well and excellent work as said previously.

Everyone is forgetting one hurdle: Luke :)

I'd love this in the Android app theme as a plugin choice or a theme. When I get a new Sony to replace my LG OLED, would be great. May also tempt some Android TV app users over to the one Android app too.

I don't want to have to still use an HTPC as its greener to use the TV app and costs less and breaks less. Apple and ROKU devices I understand why it would not have it and maybe devices with slower resources just have the option of the "Blue" background and traditional Emby themes (Horizontal/Vertical views).

arrbee99

And on another completely irrelevant to the subject of the thread point, if you get to put these guide improvements into Emby in general, the ability to scroll back to the beginning of the current day would be nice.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

And on another completely irrelevant to the subject of the thread point, if you get to put these guide improvements into Emby in general, the ability to scroll back to the beginning of the current day would be nice.

This is easily possible today already. Just hit the skip next/previous or fast fwd/rew buttons on the remote to move by day (24h).#
Also, with channel +/- you can vertically scroll by page (number of channel rows visible).

• Like 1

pwhodges

Eh?  In what version of Emby can you scroll the guide even a few minutes back from the present?  This is something I often find myself trying to do (e.g. to see easily when the current programs started).  Admittedly, I'm not much bothered by the lack...

Paul

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Eh?  In what version of Emby can you scroll the guide even a few minutes back from the present?  This is something I often find myself trying to do (e.g. to see easily when the current programs started).  Admittedly, I'm not much bothered by the lack...

Maybe I didn't understand - I thought that @arrbee99 meant to quickly return back to the "current day and time" after you have scrolled far into the "future".

arrbee99
2 hours ago, softworkz said:

Maybe I didn't understand - I thought that @arrbee99 meant to quickly return back to the "current day and time" after you have scrolled far into the "future".

Sorry, I'm good at not putting myself clearly, one of my many lovable traits. Anyway, yes, you can scroll from where you are in the guide forward in time but not back, so as 'pw' says, to see when something started, or to maybe - 'I'm sure that program should be on now, where is it ? scrolls back, oh rats it actually finished three hours ago...

Support for WMC Remote Controls

As discussed earlier above:

On 1/7/2023 at 1:02 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes and it's easy to see all the headings for the rest of menu options, so you can quickly navigate or know exactly where to get to(like you say), but they were also clever with the MCE Remote where as they incorporated shortcut buttons which took you straight to where you needed to go.

[...]

if you include keyboard and remote navigation i will use this forever more lol 👍👍

On 1/7/2023 at 10:01 AM, Junglejim said:

I really loved that remote..🤓  I've still got it, It still works. (libreelec + RasPi) :)

I have good news for all of you who are still having a WMC remote around (or having a programmable remote and the WMC IR receiver)😞

I was able to incorporate support for WMC remotes - which means that all buttons are functional, including Ch+/-, Info, Guide, Recorded TV, Movies, Music, etc.

It is using the WebHID API, which is currently supported by Chrome, Edge and Opera. While the API is platform-independent, I'm not sure whether the receiver would work on non-windows with generic HID class drivers, so it's probably limited to Windows.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

unisoft
On 11/02/2023 at 06:44, softworkz said:

I have good news for all of you who are still having a WMC remote around (or having a programmable remote and the WMC IR receiver)😞

I was able to incorporate support for WMC remotes - which means that all buttons are functional, including Ch+/-, Info, Guide, Recorded TV, Movies, Music, etc.

It is using the WebHID API, which is currently supported by Chrome, Edge and Opera. While the API is platform-independent, I'm not sure whether the receiver would work on non-windows with generic HID class drivers, so it's probably limited to Windows.

So Emby apps on my Smart TV as of now, still sorely miss the WMC interface, although the horizontal view in TV Mode of Emby (LG/Android apps) with blue WMC background (until Luke destroyed it in the LG app recently) was a fair compromise. I used WMC merely as a backup TV tuner recording device rather than continue to use it.  Sounds like once this gets released, I can ditch WMC totally and autoboot on the HTPC into Emby WMC :)

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
On 11/02/2023 at 06:44, softworkz said:

Do you have a link to this please. It would be great to see the API and if its useful for me in my front ends.. Cheers 👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

#2 is the audio player overlay and a "now-playing" stage - so far I got the player moved from the top to the bottom only
#3 is video playback. This is 80% complete but I'm undecided regarding some behavioral questions

After that, we'll be setting up a small group for testing. Please post here if you wan to participate.

• Like 1