ifti12

Our server is an Apollo server where HW's are
Intel XEON E5-2620 32 core processor
128GB Ram
150TB of Raid 5 Storage. 
16gigs swap mem
10gbps throughput

Os is running on Latest version of Linux and Emby version is 4.7.10.0

The main issue occurs at the peak hour when 20-30 starts streaming at the same time. Transcoding is enabled on our server but the contents are maintained so that the transcoding is minimal. This last 30 day's data on PlayMethod
image.png.c3a62a956562655a8fbfbc5001b281c6.png

But at peak time CPU usage racks up to 90-95% where ram is used for only around 20% of the whole lot. This is causing serious lagging even with just loading the front page. I know transcoding consumes a lot of reso urces but wasn't this build is relatively okay for handling this much of data? What should we do? 
Here is the log file.

embyserver.txt

Should we add a GPU? What is the root issue here? Thank you.

embyserver.txt

Hi, can you try removing these plugins:

2022-12-26 02:38:13.882 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.10.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/playback_reporting.dll
2022-12-26 02:38:13.882 Info App: Loading DiskSpace, Version=1.0.6.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/DiskSpace.dll

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

So it's been 2 days and the server is working somewhat fine
I removed those plugins you mentioned.
We removed some unwanted access and got the userbase in Half. So there are 15-20 streams on peak hour.
Well still CPU is still reaching upto 80-90% usage. I know this is because of transcoding but can't this server handle much more? Is there some way we can tweak the performance?

On 12/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, ifti12 said:

So it's been 2 days and the server is working somewhat fine
I removed those plugins you mentioned.
We removed some unwanted access and got the userbase in Half. So there are 15-20 streams on peak hour.
Well still CPU is still reaching upto 80-90% usage. I know this is because of transcoding but can't this server handle much more? Is there some way we can tweak the performance?

Hi, that's just the way the transcoding works with ffmpeg. It's going to go as fast as it possibly can. Is transcoding throttling enabled in server transcoding settings?