Top Picks support thread

chef

Junglejim
3 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

yeap i rmb you ran emby docker on synology.

i dont use default path except /config. User permission is no issue since i'm using qbit to download just fine. and also using the same username to access smb share via my winPC & android

this is my docker compose :

version: "2.1"
services:
  emby:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/emby:latest
    container_name: emby
    environment:
      - PUID=1001
      - PGID=100
      - TZ=Asia/Singapore
    volumes:
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-bbc1f360-c89a-4600-839a-3dde7645de18/whiteSSD/AppConfig/emby:/config
#     - /path/to/tvshows:/data/tvshows
#     - /path/to/movies:/data/movies
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-76b61cab-b409-4cb0-8358-9ca778e71788/toshibaHDD:/toshibaHDD
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-35755813-de7e-49c4-a129-694966b527ae/whiteHDD:/whiteHDD
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-5c047584-4a24-471a-abcf-325edbe3acad/blackHDD:/blackHDD
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-35e39203-8f9e-48e7-b0f7-6ec5fb33f21d/redHDD:/redHDD
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3260cb13-e651-404f-9b51-9bc94339e30d/purpleHDD:/purpleHDD
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ce2002f9-a335-492c-8691-ab2b1fd55555/blueHDD:/blueHDD
#      - /opt/vc/lib:/opt/vc/lib #optional
    ports:
      - 8096:8096
      - 8920:8920
#    devices:
#      - /dev/dri:/dev/dri #optional
#      - /dev/vchiq:/dev/vchiq #optional
#      - /dev/video10:/dev/video10 #optional
#      - /dev/video11:/dev/video11 #optional
#      - /dev/video12:/dev/video12 #optional
    restart: unless-stopped

this is *example* how folder looks at my library setting. all runs well for multiple users from internal and external

image.png.182c45d15e7c7e71bff13c3aba271a77.png

My OMV is a custom built PC but that doesn't matter. As long as your sorted container path wise it should work.. strange.. Are you still running a raspi?

Darkseidd
3 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

My OMV is a custom built PC but that doesn't matter. As long as your sorted container path wise it should work.. strange.. Are you still running a raspi?

yeah, currently running on raspi4b

woenk

.49 is still failling on Ubuntu 

2023-03-04 06:48:51.114 Info Top Picks: Locating .nfo file /media/Series/Der Schwarm/tvshow.nfo...
2023-03-04 06:48:51.116 Info Top Picks: Found /media/Series/Der Schwarm/tvshow.nfo, preparing serialization...
2023-03-04 06:48:51.116 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /media/Series/Der Schwarm/tvshow.nfo
2023-03-04 06:48:51.223 Debug XmlSerializer: Serializing to file /var/lib/emby-server/data/top-picks/Der Schwarm (2023)/tvshow.nfo
2023-03-04 06:48:51.244 Info Top Picks: /var/lib/emby-server/data/top-picks/Der Schwarm (2023)/tvshow.nfo, successful.
2023-03-04 06:48:51.260 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.0.21
Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-60-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-054) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #66-Ubuntu
Framework: .NET 6.0.8
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 8
Data path: /var/lib/emby-server
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.CreateTopPickSeries(BaseItem seriesBaseItem, String spotlightFolderPath, SpotlightItem spotlightItem)
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Source: Emby.TopPicks
TargetSite: Void CreateTopPickSeries(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem, System.String, Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightItem)

Junglejim
15 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

yeah, currently running on raspi4b

It's strange how you can play TV Series but Movies crash.. This is for 'chef' I think.. I'm sure you sent him a log..

This is way over my head.. :) 

Just a thought, do you map your drives with fstab or are they more plugnplay type of drives?

Edited by Junglejim

Darkseidd
58 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

It's strange how you can play TV Series but Movies crash.. This is for 'chef' I think.. I'm sure you sent him a log..

This is way over my head.. :) 

Just a thought, do you map your drives with fstab or are they more plugnplay type of drives?

im not familiar mounting via fstab, all drives i mount & format via omv6 , which all of them is in ext4 fs

all the drives physically plugged in at raspi

chef

I thought maybe it was a permission issue, but emby has permissions to that data folder. This is why I stuffed the library in there instead of having to create a separate folder somewhere else in the file system.

I've really have got to figure out what in the world is happening. 😬

Why are movies crashing the server on raspi? and why is series creation still throwing that null exception?

TheGru
20 minutes ago, chef said:

I thought maybe it was a permission issue, but emby has permissions to that data folder. This is why I stuffed the library in there instead of having to create a separate folder somewhere else in the file system.

I've really have got to figure out what in the world is happening. 😬

Why are movies crashing the server on raspi? and why is series creation still throwing that null exception?

I found a Pi4 in my closet of stuff. If you want some additional testing I can spin up an Emby server on there to try and help replicate these other issues. 

let me know when the next build hits to fix the sorting issue as well. Thanks for the awesome project!

chef

18 hours ago, TheGru said:

and here is a new error in the log

Ah heck! ... I think this right here may have finally pointed me into the right direction.

/var/run/s6/services/emby-server/https:/assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/340837/moviebackground/a-cure-for-wellness-58ad7e8c4c0b5.jpg

Let me just try and think about what is happening here.

Emby is pointing to the url for the image (found on fanart.tv), not to a file on the file system.

This is because the library is setup to fetch the images on demand instead of saving them in the file system.

Because the image isn't save locally, when we attempt to create a file path for the image,  it would create a hybrid file system path/url, which absolutely wrong.

In order to fix this, we have to acquire the image bitmap data, and create the path not by its name (which would be the url if the images are being fetched on the fly).

Instead just create the file name, and save the bitmap data.

I did not think about how this was a thing. It had never occurred to me that the ImageType "Path" parameter  is also a  URL.

But of course it could be a URL, if you are getting images on demand from the providers. 

Why I had never thought of it is beyond me. I really should have.

I'll be back.

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, chef said:

Why I had never thought of it is beyond me.

Because very few ppl keep that setup. Personally, I thought noone does. Would've made same assumption without a blink. 

• Agree 1

Darkseidd

for my libraries, I did not turn on image saving locally. not even nfo read nor write..\

@GrimReaperrespect you for having dedicated spirit downloading all those metadata and images locally :D

41 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Because very few ppl keep that setup. Personally, I thought noone does. Would've made same assumption without a blink.

Edited by Darkseidd
  • Like 1

chef

okay a quick test here to fix the url path issue, and I'll push an update if it work. 

We check the image path for "http", and if it exists we use an httpclient to get the bit data, otherwise we copy over the image bit data.

Then on to the next issue... unless this was the culprit all along, but I don't think I'm that lucky.

Edited by chef

chef

@Cheesegeezer

Are we using  "fanart.jpg", or are we still using "backdrop.jpg" to name... backdrops?  :) 

EDIT: they seem interchangeable I guess.

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

for my libraries, I did not turn on image saving locally. not even nfo read nor write..\

You don't need to save images with your media, they'd be saved in server's metadata folder. 

4 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

GrimReaperrespect you for having dedicated spirit downloading all those metadata and images locally

Emby would do that for you if you enable library option Download images in advance (and will be stored locally according above selection, with media or in metadata folder, server default or custom). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, chef said:

Are we using  "fanart.jpg", or are we still using "backdrop.jpg" to name... backdrops? 

Either will work, server defaults to fanart nowdays.

• Thanks 1

chef

Okay a little pre-release here:  1.0.0.50

Would love to know if the libraries that are built on the fly are still experiencing the custom image creation issues now that this fix was implemented.

If there are still issues, a log would be very helpful.

Emby.TopPicks_1.0.0.50.zip

A little background on this change.

I used these lines here to grab the "on-demand" data.

if (libraryItemBackdrop[backdropIndex].Path.StartsWith("http"))
                    {
                        using (var httpClient = new HttpClient())
                        {
                            var bitmap = new SKBitmap();
                            var bytes = await httpClient.GetByteArrayAsync(libraryItemBackdrop[backdropIndex].Path);
                            try
                            {
                                bitmap = SKBitmap.Decode(bytes);
                            }
                            catch (Exception ex)
                            {
                                Log.Error($"backdrop drawing error. Unable to save data.", ex);                                
                            }

var data = bitmap.Encode(SKEncodedImageFormat.Png, 90);
                            using (var stream = new FileStream(output, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)) data.SaveTo(stream);
                            bitmap.Dispose();
                            data.Dispose();
                        }
                    }

So we could see a log entry that says "backdrop drawing error. Unable to save data."

But, we would also get back an empty bitmap. Which is better then NULL, which is why it is possible that this is what is causing the null reference exception in the Series creation.... maybe. 

Edited by chef

Darkseidd
6 minutes ago, chef said:

Okay a little pre-release here:  1.0.0.50

Would love to know if the libraries that are built on the fly are still experiencing the custom image creation issues now that this fix was implemented.

If there are still issues, a log would be very helpful.

Emby.TopPicks_1.0.0.50.zip 9.77 MB · 0 downloads

will try with top picks schedule task. brb

Darkseidd

logs with running both Top Picks schedule task in sequence. got error thrown.

(is this path correct though?    

Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 )

doing manual top picks next..

embyserver(3).txt

Edited by Darkseidd

GrimReaper
26 minutes ago, chef said:

EDIT: they seem interchangeable I guess

Just saw your edit. For reference:

Movie Video images

Images are supported in video folders. Below is a table of the supported image file names. Supported image extensions are jpg, jpeg, png, gif and tbn.

Several image types support multiple file names. They are listed in the order that they're checked for.

Image Type Supported file names
Primary {name}.ext
  {name}-poster.ext
  {name}-cover.ext
  {name}-default.ext
  {name}-movie.ext
  folder.ext
  poster.ext
  cover.ext
  default.ext
  movie.ext
Art {name}-clearart.ext
  clearart.ext
Backdrop backdrop.ext, backdropX.ext
  fanart.ext, fanart-X.ext
  background.ext, background-X.ext
  art.ext, art-X.ext
  extrafanart (subfolder)/fanartX.ext
Banner {name}-banner.ext
  banner.ext
Disc {name}-disc.ext
  {name}-cdart.ext
  disc.ext
  cdart.ext
Logo {name}-logo.ext
  logo.ext
Thumb {name}-thumb.ext
  {name}-landscape.ext
  thumb.ext
  landscape.ext

{name} represents the video file name, without extension. For videos that are not contained within their own folder, only the conventions using {name} are supported.

For backdrops, X represents a number, and you can have any amount of numbered backdrops. For example:

\Movies
    \300 (2006)
       backdrop.ext
       backdrop1.ext
       backdrop2.ext
       backdrop3.ext 

Series & Season Images

Images are supported in both series and season folders. Below is a table of the supported image file names. Supported image extensions are jpg, jpeg, png and tbn.

Several image types support multiple file names. They are listed in the order that they're checked for.

Primary folder.ext
  poster.ext
  cover.ext
  default.ext
  show.ext (series folder only)
Art clearart.ext
Backdrop backdrop.ext, backdropX.ext
  fanart.ext, fanart-X.ext
  background.ext, background-X.ext
  art.ext, art-X.ext
  extrafanart (subfolder)/fanartX.ext
Banner banner.ext
Disc disc.ext
  cdart.ext
Logo logo.ext
Thumb thumb.ext
  landscape.ext

For backdrops, X represents a number, and you can have any amount of numbered backdrops. For example:

\TV
    \Glee (2009)
       backdrop.ext
       backdrop1.ext
       backdrop2.ext
       backdrop3.ext 

Season images without season folder

If season folders are not used, season images can still be supplied directly in the series folder, using a naming convention to indicate the season.

Primary seasonXX-poster.ext
  season-specials-poster.ext
Backdrop seasonXX-fanart.ext
  season-specials-fanart.ext
Banner seasonXX-banner.ext
  season-specials-banner.ext
Thumb seasonXX-landscape.ext
  season-specials-landscape.ext

For example:

\TV
    \Glee (2009)
       season01-poster.jpg
       season-specials-poster.jpg
       season01-fanart.jpg
       season-specials-fanart.jpg
       season01-banner.jpg
       season-specials-banner.jpg
       season01-landscape.jpg
       season-specials-landscape.jpg 

Episode Images

The following naming conventions are supported for episode images:

• {name}-thumb.ext (in same folder)
  • {name}.ext (in metadata sub-folder)

Supported image extensions are jpg, jpeg, png and tbn.

For example:

\TV
    \Glee (2009)
       \Season 1
          Glee S01E01.mp4
          Glee S01E01-thumb.jpg
       \Season 2
          Glee S02E01.mp4

Edited by GrimReaper

chef
9 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

logs with running both Top Picks schedule task in sequence. got error thrown.

(is this path correct though?    

Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 )

doing manual top picks next..

embyserver(3).txt 45.73 kB · 0 downloads

Okay, I can follow that error I think.

Jinny's kitchen gets it's NFO file but immediately fails right after.

Brb.