can't fast forward / rewind a video

horstepipe

william emby conn

I think Emby for Android has a much much better user interface as well as functioning better. I am using Emby for Windows server version 4.7.8 with Emby for Android 3.2.81 and have not noticed skipping problems. I am not sure when it was fixed, but I thing it was possibly a server issue.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Roger Graham

Similar story for me; NVIDIA Shield (2.0.83g), NUC12WSKi7000 server (4.7.11.0), QNAP TVS873 NAS, all on local network.  The freezes when FF/Rewind are very frustrating.  In comparison, everything is golden on Emby Theater on a separate PC on the same network. 

I managed to sideload the recommended version of the app to my Shield, and after a quick test it seems to be better.  Are there any plans to fix the "normal"/store version of the app, so that sideloading isn't necessary?  I imagine there's a large percentage of users for whom the sideload process would be a step too far.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:43 AM, effinG said:

Sideloading Android version has finally cured the issue. Is there an expected date for the new consolidated app? Even a rough estimate?

We are working on getting the standard app into the store for TV devices. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

djtoucan

I have successfully side-loaded the Android APK and signed into the server but every time I try to watch anything it tells me that I need to pay for Premiere. I have already paid for the unlock on Android TV (same account as Android) but the app doesn't give me the option to restore an unlock or purchase a new one ☹️ looks like I'm screwed.

shocker

Just tested on my shield and the issue is the same via NGINX proxy for FW/REV.

Emby server 4.8.0.21 with Android TV 2.0.83g and 2.0.85g.

If I'm FW 2-3 times (and the FW is in the pre-loaded video zone) it works. Outside that it's freezing.

Edited by shocker

On 12/30/2022 at 1:02 AM, djtoucan said:

I have successfully side-loaded the Android APK and signed into the server but every time I try to watch anything it tells me that I need to pay for Premiere. I have already paid for the unlock on Android TV (same account as Android) but the app doesn't give me the option to restore an unlock or purchase a new one ☹️ looks like I'm screwed.

I am also having this issue, I side loaded the Emby For Android to fix that fast forward issue but it asked for Premiere even with me paying for unlock on Android TV before.

• 2 months later...

It's 2023 snd this issue still persists with the app in the store. Users need to sideload an older version to fix it. How can that be a thing? I feel like with my Emby Premiere i supported a dead project....

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
bagele
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

I checked today and its still acting like that on the regular app (the non side loaded one)

16 hours ago, bagele said:

I checked today and its still acting like that on the regular app (the non side loaded one)

Hi.  Have you tried the beta version of that app?

bagele
2 hours ago, ebr said:

I'm pretty sure I was on beta, I will check to make sure this evening when I get home.

bagele
12 hours ago, ebr said:

I verified I am in beta and it looks like I am currently on version 2.0.87g, I did some more testing and it seems to have cleared up so maybe it was something on my end. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
ScifiContinuum

I all of a sudden am having issues with ShieldTV. Skip Intro forces the file to lag and skip. I usually have to start it over from the beginning for it to paly properly. Seems to be a new issue.

embyserver.txt

7 hours ago, ScifiContinuum said:

I all of a sudden am having issues with ShieldTV. Skip Intro forces the file to lag and skip. I usually have to start it over from the beginning for it to paly properly. Seems to be a new issue.

embyserver.txt 34.81 MB · 0 downloads

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

effinG

Can we just deprecate the Android TV app on play store and default to the standard Android app? It's a hassle manually sideloading on every device as I own several of them. The only reason I changed over was due to the FF/RW issues. The standard app is great btw!

9 minutes ago, effinG said:

Can we just deprecate the Android TV app on play store and default to the standard Android app? It's a hassle manually sideloading on every device as I own several of them. The only reason I changed over was due to the FF/RW issues. The standard app is great btw!

HI, that's what we are working towards. We're just not there yet.

daldana

Personally, I hope the Android TV app stays up as the "standard" Android app doesn't work as well on my Shield. I still can't ff/rw on Live TV, it doesn't accept number inputs, etc. I use Emby as much for Live TV viewing as I do for recordings or my movie library, so I'd like to keep those functions working.

As an aside, it seems (IMHO) that us Live TV viewers don't get as much attention as other parts of Emby do, but I guess that should be a new thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
wingede

Had this problem over several devices for quite a while, all running 2.0.83g, changed over to beta 2.0.87g and has resolved the issue.

When can we see this fix in stable release channel?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wingede said:

Had this problem over several devices for quite a while, all running 2.0.83g, changed over to beta 2.0.87g and has resolved the issue.

When can we see this fix in stable release channel?

Hi, no ETA but we are working on it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Damascus400

Hello there, 

May I ask if there is a current workaround to this problem without having to pay for the app again ? 

I am currently on firestick and if I have to rewind for 2 seconds to catch some conversation which I didn't hear,  stream stops. 

I have to manualy exit and return to the media from the homepage. Moreover, I'm having an issue with sync, so the media doesn't "remember" which time I was when I exited, so I have to start it from the beginning. Since I can't fast forward efficiently, I'm essentially screwed, because I can't fast forward to my previous position. 

17 hours ago, Damascus400 said:

Hello there, 

May I ask if there is a current workaround to this problem without having to pay for the app again ? 

I am currently on firestick and if I have to rewind for 2 seconds to catch some conversation which I didn't hear,  stream stops. 

I have to manualy exit and return to the media from the homepage. Moreover, I'm having an issue with sync, so the media doesn't "remember" which time I was when I exited, so I have to start it from the beginning. Since I can't fast forward efficiently, I'm essentially screwed, because I can't fast forward to my previous position. 

Hi.  We hope to promote the beta fairly soon but you can also sideload it if you wish. 

seanbuff
51 minutes ago, Damascus400 said:

Where can i find the beta for amazon firestick ? Thx