211 replies to this topic

#41 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts
  • Local time: 11:22 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Ah, it looks like a dependency has changed in mbs core which is stopping the plugin. I'm away from home until weds but I already know the fix so ill have a release as soon as i can on weds!

#42 tman OFFLINE  

tman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

Cou

Ah, it looks like a dependency has changed in mbs core which is stopping the plugin. I'm away from home until weds but I already know the fix so ill have a release as soon as i can on weds!

Could this be my problem as well? I've a separate post, which ebr has been asking questions about. I have two installations of MBC 3.0.238 (with Subdued) on different Windows 7 PC's. One plays both theme backdrop videos and theme songs, the other only plays theme songs. They're identical in almost every respect, and I've double checked all the settings. Driving me a bit nuts. Like to get this one resolved.

Edited by tman, 30 November 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#43 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Cou
Could this be my problem as well? I've a separate post, which ebr has been asking questions about. I have two installations of MBC 3.0.238 (with Subdued) on different Windows 7 PC's. One plays both theme backdrop videos and theme songs, the other only plays theme songs. They're identical in almost every respect, and I've double checked all the settings. Driving me a bit nuts. Like to get this one resolved.

No, Unfortunately not. Its just a check for the file being a valid video/audio file which is failing. Ebr wont be doing anything like this to play the video files.

Are they both running from the same mbs instance? And out of curiosity, have you tried disabling the new method in mbc and installing the old theme backdrops plugin, just to see if that works? Just as a process of elimination.

#44 tman OFFLINE  

tman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Thanks radeon. Yes, they are both using the same MBS instance, so I know it's not the server. I don't mind trying the dedicated MBC plugin, but it's no longer listed in the catalog. Guess it was pulled when MBC added native support. I'm stumped. Don't know if the logfiles will give anything away. The movie I was trying was 'Life of Pi'. This has both theme music and background. It's my main HTPC that's not playing the backgrounds, and that's where I wanted them!

Attached Files

#45 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43748 posts
  • Local time: 06:22 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

I responded in your other thread.  Let's not get sidetracked in this one.

#46 tman OFFLINE  

tman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

Sorry ebr. Just thought radeon might be able to shed some light on this. I'll refer back to the other thread.

#47 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

Thanks ebr

Sorry all, I've been away for the last week or so and just got back today. The plugins are all fixed and released. 1.1.1.1 is the version you need for the latest mbs release.

#48 jfblue65 OFFLINE  

jfblue65

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

G'day

A day ago I purchased and installed the TV/Movie Theme Pack. When the scheduled task runs for both packs, I am only getting the "A" named shows. Checking the logs I see that I am in trial mode but I am a registered MB3 supporter. Pls Help.

Log File Info :

2015-02-26 10:24:28.2137 Info - App: TV Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered?: False | Is in Trial : True  | Registration Is Valid : True 

2015-02-26 10:24:43.8295 Info - App: TV Theme Songs - Trial Mode - During the trial, only shows with the name beginning with the letter 'A' will be downloaded. Please register for all names to be processed

Thx

#49 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

G'day

A day ago I purchased and installed the TV/Movie Theme Pack. When the scheduled task runs for both packs, I am only getting the "A" named shows. Checking the logs I see that I am in trial mode but I am a registered MB3 supporter. Pls Help.

Log File Info :

2015-02-26 10:24:28.2137 Info - App: TV Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered?: False | Is in Trial : True  | Registration Is Valid : True 

2015-02-26 10:24:43.8295 Info - App: TV Theme Songs - Trial Mode - During the trial, only shows with the name beginning with the letter 'A' will be downloaded. Please register for all names to be processed

Thx

Hey, Can you pm/email me you mb supporter key, mb supporter email address and paypal email address and we'll get you sorted out.

Edited by radeon, 25 February 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#50 jfblue65 OFFLINE  

jfblue65

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Thanks Radeon...All fixed now and downloading  :D

• radeon likes this

#51 Kemosabe OFFLINE  

Kemosabe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

Hello.  I very much want to use this plugin and donate, however I'm using MBC and I can't find the "ThemeVideo Backdrops" plugin anywhere and fear that I won't be able to use it without that plugin.  I've looked within the configuration in the MBC client, and in the plug-ins section as an admin in the server dashboard.  Is it still available?

#52 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2626 posts
  • Local time: 10:22 PM
  • LocationOn an Oil Rig somewhere

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

Hello.  I very much want to use this plugin and donate, however I'm using MBC and I can't find the "ThemeVideo Backdrops" plugin anywhere and fear that I won't be able to use it without that plugin.  I've looked within the configuration in the MBC client, and in the plug-ins section as an admin in the server dashboard.  Is it still available?

Its now part of MBC core so there is not plugin required anymore.
  • radeon likes this

#53 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43748 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Is there some documentation that needs to be updated?

#54 Kemosabe OFFLINE  

Kemosabe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Oh terrific!  I'll start donating this morning and get it going.  I was a MB 2 user for a long time - I'll be happy to donate to this project.  Remarkable work on the 3rd version - I waited too long to upgrade.

#55 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

AH yea, my plugin descriptions need updating all over the place.

Sorry about that. Just all over the country at the minute in my real world work so had little time to give to media browser at the minute. I'll get those descriptions updated over the next week but as @Cheesegeezer kindly pointed out, its all in the core now. :-)

#56 Florux OFFLINE  

Florux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Local time: 12:22 AM
  • LocationDubai, United Arab Emirates

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

FEATURE REQUEST: User-configurable storage path for "theme.mp3"

Would it be possible to add an option to store the TV theme files together with metadata / images instead of directly in the media data directory along side the video files?

The reason is the added security that comes with mounting the video data drives ReadOnly on the Media Browser server. That way, no bug or security incident can lead to unintended and total loss of data, and the themes can be stored on the local drive together with all the other metadata collected.

Since there already is a well-functioning option to store all metadata in a separate (in my case, local) folder, perhaps the Plugin could just read that folder and store the file there, if this proposed new option is enabled from within the plugin?

-Florux 

#57 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

FEATURE REQUEST: User-configurable storage path for "theme.mp3"

Would it be possible to add an option to store the TV theme files together with metadata / images instead of directly in the media data directory along side the video files?

The reason is the added security that comes with mounting the video data drives ReadOnly on the Media Browser server. That way, no bug or security incident can lead to unintended and total loss of data, and the themes can be stored on the local drive together with all the other metadata collected.

Since there already is a well-functioning option to store all metadata in a separate (in my case, local) folder, perhaps the Plugin could just read that folder and store the file there, if this proposed new option is enabled from within the plugin?

-Florux 

Hey @Florux

I can't actually change the location of the theme media as I have to place it in a location that MBS will find it. My plugins are purely a metadata provider but dont control the playback or indexing of the files.

If mbs would allow for them to be found in the alternate metadata location then technically i could change the plugin to cater for that setup. There was quite a long thread about this exact thing and I dont think it will ever be very high up on the feature list for the head developers and in all honesty, I have a few reservations of my own about storing metadata in separate folder anyway so im not yet sure if it would become available in the plugins.

Cheers,

#58 Florux OFFLINE  

Florux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Local time: 12:22 AM
  • LocationDubai, United Arab Emirates

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for quick and thorough response @radeon, much appreciated!

One thing I didn't quite catch, and was hoping to understand. As MBS already allows metadata to be found in a local, dedicated metadata folder, how does that prohibit it from searching for the mp3 files within the same folders?

Apart from that I fully agree it is not a very high priority, but it would be really good to be able to mount the storage system read-only from the dedicated server. 

-Florux

#59 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

Whilst mbs it supports metadata for the images and synopsis etc in a separate folder, it doesn't support lookups for theme media placed elsewhere.

The following GitHub Wiki article lists the supported locations:

https://github.com/M... songs & videos

I could only ever change the location if MBS supported it too. Sorry I cant give you a better answer than that. :-(

• CashMoney likes this

#60 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124353 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

I think we will eventually do it. Same for subtitles as well. But when is really based on demand, and up until this point it just hasn't been high enough for us to say yea we need to do this now.

• Florux likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theme Music, TV, Theme Songs, Songs, Plugin, Radeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users