GPU Transcoding (Intel QuickSync and nVidia NVENC)

witteschnitte

It's a pretty good card, but there are some bugs with how the server is handling HEVC over HLS, which appears to be much worse with HWA. So for my present usage, it's not practical.

There is no such bug. HEVC over HLS is not intended to happen at all. That's the actual bug.

pir8radio

There is no such bug. HEVC over HLS is not intended to happen at all. That's the actual bug.

Im no good with video codec stuff,  can you explain?

Guest asrequested

That's what I was referring to. And I was adding that when I tested HWA with my GTX 1060, I had more videos exhibiting the problem, than I do with software.

• 2 months later...
annisman

My 1060 was chewing through 4K HWA a few months ago and I tried it today and GPU isn't going higher than 23%..... Resulting in poor playback results what gives ??? Same Nvidia drivers I've been using.

My 1060 was chewing through 4K HWA a few months ago and I tried it today and GPU isn't going higher than 23%..... Resulting in poor playback results what gives ??? Same Nvidia drivers I've been using.

Please see how to report a problem. thanks.