ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

17 hours ago, crusher11 said:

'--ini=/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini "{path}"'

I can see your missing a closing  quote it should be:

'--ini=/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini' "{path}"

Not sure if that's the problem though.

I'm attaching a script file that will run comskip on all video files in the directory it is run in and all it's sub directories but only if the permissions are correct and there is NOT already an .edl for it. To do this run it with the -b option ie. `comrun -b`

you will need to edit the lines near the top for you I believe you should use the following:

#  BEGIN User Settings
Extensions=(ts mkv mp4 mov)
ComskipCMD='/volume1/@appstore/comskip/bin/comskip'
ComskipINI='/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini'
ComskipPARAM='--threads=3'
#  END User Settings

You can add or remove Extensions as required as long as it follows the same format, ComskipPARAM can be omitted

your could also set this as your post-process application and the command in emby would just need to be "{path}"

make sure you make this file executable (chmod 755 comrun)

(not tested on Synology)

comrun

Edited by TMCsw

crusher11
5 hours ago, TMCsw said:

I can see your missing a closing  quote it should be:

'--ini=/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini' "{path}"

The single quotes were just to separate it from my post and aren't in the actual command (the closing single quote is after the closing double quote).

crusher11

The timing of the issue starting is the same as the download date of the 4.8.0.5 spk so I'm guessing that's the root cause on the post-processing thing.

BillOatman
9 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I was able to run chmod on comrun, but when I try to run it I just get "command not found". It's listed as -rwrxr-xr-x.

Make sure comskip is where you think it is and make sure it doesn't need a chmod itself. Something is not what you think it is.

crusher11
1 minute ago, BillOatman said:

Make sure comskip is where you think it is and make sure it doesn't need a chmod itself. Something is not what you think it is.

comskip runs completely fine if I SSH in and just run it on a single recording.

crusher11
/volume1/Emby Libraries/Recordings/The Void$ /volume1/@appstore/comskip/bin/comskip --ini=/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini "The Void 2022_07_25_23_35_00.ts"
Comskip 0.82.009, made using ffmpeg
Donator build
The commandline used was:
/volume1/@appstore/comskip/bin/comskip --ini=/volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini "The Void 2022_07_25_23_35_00.ts"

Setting ini file to /volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini as per commandline
Using /volume1/@appstore/comskip/var/comskip.ini for initiation values.
 0:20:11 - 31591 frames in 82.33 sec(383.71 fps), 1.00 sec(401.00 fps), 17%

BillOatman

@crusher11 Since this seems to be a issue with the post processing rather than comskipper, maybe moving this issue to a thread with a wider audience would get more help.

• Agree 1

crusher11
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

@crusher11 Since this seems to be a issue with the post processing rather than comskipper, maybe moving this issue to a thread with a wider audience would get more help.

Since @TMCsw's script also doesn't work, it doesn't seem to be a post-processing thing either. It's something to do with my Synology setup somewhere, I assume, which is why I tagged @FrostByte.

5 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Since @TMCsw's script also doesn't work, it doesn't seem to be a post-processing thing either. It's something to do with my Synology setup somewhere, I assume, which is why I tagged @FrostByte.

"maybe moving this issue to a thread [in the Synology forum] would get more help"

• Agree 1

FrostByte
On 9/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, crusher11 said:

comskip runs completely fine if I SSH in and just run it on a single recording.

What account are you logged on with when you use SSH?  I don't see a security error though

Never used this script, but I can move your posts if you wish, or you can start a new one

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

crusher11
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

What account are you logged on with when you use SSH?  I don't see a security error though

Never used this script, but I can move the thread if you wish.  

The only user account I have? The same account fails to run the comrun script, so it's not an account issue.

crusher11

So I moved comrun to the same folder as comskip, and now I can run it via SSH, but...it's running on my whole library and not just my recordings. This is going to take years and result in a lot of unwanted edl files...

EDIT: Okay, that's my fault, I accidentally cd ../'d one too many times but HOW DO I STOP IT?

EDIT 2: Okay, Ctrl-C doesn't work but Ctrl-C Ctrl-C does. Weird.

I'm now running comrun on my Recordings library, successfully. Which takes it back to being an Emby post-processing issue.

Edited by crusher11

17 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So I moved comrun to the same folder as comskip, and now I can run it via SSH, but...it's running on my whole library and not just my recordings. This is going to take years and result in a lot of unwanted edl files...

EDIT: Okay, that's my fault, I accidentally cd ../'d one too many times but HOW DO I STOP IT?

EDIT 2: Okay, Ctrl-C doesn't work but Ctrl-C Ctrl-C does. Weird.

I'm now running comrun on my Recordings library, successfully. Which takes it back to being an Emby post-processing issue.

Glad you figured out the way it’s meant to work starting in the current directory and recursing all sub directories with the -b option.
Note: it will not run comskip if the edl for the file(s) already exist or permissions deny (so the next time it’s run it will only do new files).
And you can limit or add the file extensions by editing the the line: Extensions=(ts mkv mp4 mov) near the top of the comrun script.
the double Ctl-C is often required to stop comskip.

Now I would try running this as your postscript as follows (if this is where you put it).

image.png.1eb7f317da5d681978bb0eb14aa32965.png

This will try to do just the file specified by emby.

Cheesegeezer

D58DA89F-9773-43CC-83D9-507D6C9ED0BA.thumb.jpeg.2269df47c7652ac2e48e0c95499ca0e7.jpeg

A picture paints a thousand words!
Disclaimer: This is all my account that displays those content curtains.

Bill you are the best and I love our wee niche cheeky dev group. Chin up fella 👍👍

Edited by Cheesegeezer

crusher11
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

D58DA89F-9773-43CC-83D9-507D6C9ED0BA.thumb.jpeg.2269df47c7652ac2e48e0c95499ca0e7.jpeg

A picture paints a thousand words!
Disclaimer: This is all my account that displays those content curtains.

Bill you are the best and I love our wee niche cheeky dev group. Chin up fella 👍👍

Could someone please tell Cheese to stop acting like a toddler? 

crusher11
6 hours ago, TMCsw said:

Glad you figured out the way it’s meant to work starting in the current directory and recursing all sub directories with the -b option.
Note: it will not run comskip if the edl for the file(s) already exist or permissions deny (so the next time it’s run it will only do new files).
And you can limit or add the file extensions by editing the the line: Extensions=(ts mkv mp4 mov) near the top of the comrun script.
the double Ctl-C is often required to stop comskip.

Now I would try running this as your postscript as follows (if this is where you put it).

image.png.1eb7f317da5d681978bb0eb14aa32965.png

This will try to do just the file specified by emby.

No error in the log, but no EDL file either.

• 3 weeks later...
Dont1982

I have been reading over this thread about comskipper, I am running open media vault with emby. I cannot for the life of me get comskipper installed, I know virtually nothing about coding.  I have tried following the steps to install, but i cannot figure it out.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use MCE Buddy for commercial detection.  Thank you

BillOatman
On 10/21/2022 at 5:27 PM, Dont1982 said:

I have been reading over this thread about comskipper, I am running open media vault with emby. I cannot for the life of me get comskipper installed, I know virtually nothing about coding.  I have tried following the steps to install, but i cannot figure it out.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use MCE Buddy for commercial detection.  Thank you

You shut down emby,  take the comskipper dll and put it in the same directory as your other plugins, and restart emby.  The trickier part is setting up the running of comskip.  The PDF file shows how to do it for Windows.  Other operating systems vary.  I have no idea what "open media vault" is, but if its a form of linux you should be able to get help here with specific questions.

Dont1982

Yes open media vault is based on Linux. How do I find out where the files are and how do I get the dll into that file. I generally remote into omv with putty from my windows machine.  Any help would be great. 

Never used OMV but since it's Debian based try  '/var/lib/emby/plugins/' you will likely need sudo privileges to place the dll there, them make sure the owner:group and permisions are the same as the other dll's in that dir.

Dont1982

i tried that command and got nothing, i have emby installed using commands on putty, not in docker.  Maybe that helps. Like i said i have very little coding knowledge.