ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

That wasn't a command It's a directory where you would place the ComSkipper.dll file BUT I don't use Docker so I don't know where the directory is in docker..

If you can find the  plugins folder in docker then you can place the dll in there...

To get the file go to the first post in this thread and and click on the ??current release?? link then copy right click on the comskipper..zip file and copy-link (I'm doing this from memory and hopping OMV works the same, so be kind).

NOTE: Caps Matter (i may have ComSkipper (sp?) caps  wrong?)

Next in a putty session:

• type wget <paste link here> enter
  • type unzip ComSkipper.zip enter
  • now you will need to move the ComSkipper.dll to the plugin directory in the docker container, sorry i can't help you there.
  • you may need to also use chown emby:emby Comskipper.dll and chmod 644 ComSkipper.dll so it looks the same as the other .dll's ls -l

Dont1982

I am in the process of transferring all my media and switching it to a windows machine which I know how to navigate. I may check back when I get this accomplished. Thank you all for the help.

Film Playlist

Got this problem while installing. The GIT server is down/timed out. I suppose there are no other alternatives addresses?error.thumb.png.ae012f12bc7a8becbbf4e2bd6bd95a9b.png

Edited by Film Playlist

Try this:

git clone https://github.com/erikkaashoek/Comskip

(security change)

Note this version may crash (seg fault) often, you may be better off installing from distro.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Is this another cause of new core changes? 

The plugin doesn't provide or use comskip directly. It just reads edl files.

Film Playlist
2 hours ago, TMCsw said:

Try this:

git clone https://github.com/erikkaashoek/Comskip

(security change)

Note this version may crash (seg fault) often, you may be better off installing from distro.

thank you

Hi :)

I have installed ComSkipper

Please can any one tell me how to use this plugin with only edl file in my Movies (not recoding contents) to skip 'Violent' scene from a video.

Thanks

BillOatman
10 hours ago, iBoss said:

Hi :)

I have installed ComSkipper

Please can any one tell me how to use this plugin with only edl file in my Movies (not recoding contents) to skip 'Violent' scene from a video.

Thanks

I think it should work with movies but I never tried.  You would have to manually create the EDL file for the movie skipping the scenes you desire, and name it as described in the PDF file. I'd try it first just skipping some random time to make sure it works for movies.  If it does not, let me know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BillOatman said:

I think it should work with movies but I never tried.  You would have to manually create the EDL file for the movie skipping the scenes you desire, and name it as described in the PDF file. I'd try it first just skipping some random time to make sure it works for movies.  If it does not, let me know.

it does not work ..

• I have just install ComSkipper
  • enable Auto Skip Commercials from the Plugin setting
  • create file with extension edl:
60 120 0

• Rename the file same as movie name
    • Movie.mkv
    • Movie.edl

Spaceboy
53 minutes ago, iBoss said:

it does not work ..

60 120 0

• Movie.mkv
    • Movie.edl

your edl setup looks fine. i don't see any reason why it wouldnt work. you'll probably need to provide logs from when you play the movie

I haven't had any problems with Comskipper and edl files on movies recorded from TV signals.  They work fine and are in a separate "movies" library, so this should work without trouble.  I do however 'think' I recall that the values in your edl file should have a decimal point and 2 digits to the right of the decimal.  Try changing the file to this and see what happens.

60.00 120.00 0

BillOatman
On 11/8/2022 at 4:42 AM, iBoss said:

it does not work ..

60 120 0

• Movie.mkv
    • Movie.edl

Could you please turn on debug logging and play the movie past the 60 second mark and send me the log?

And don't forget to turn off debug logging after :)

Deihmos

Plugin works great. Is there a remote shortcut to jump to the next commercial break?

Edited by Deihmos

BillOatman
22 hours ago, Deihmos said:

Plugin works great. Is there a remote shortcut to jump to the next commercial break?

Thanks.  No it just skips commercials. 

Dont1982

Ok I have my windows machine up and running. Have comskipper dll in the plug-ins folder. Have edl. Files for the recordings.  Watched one tonight and the commercials are still there, the commercials did not skip.  Any help would be appreciated. 

BillOatman
14 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

Ok I have my windows machine up and running. Have comskipper dll in the plug-ins folder. Have edl. Files for the recordings.  Watched one tonight and the commercials are still there, the commercials did not skip.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1) Plugin enabled?

2) edl file named correctly (i.e recording is abcd.ts and the edl is abcd.edl)

3) Look at the logs after playing past a commercial and see if there is any indication as to why it did not skip.

4) If the above does not clear it up, turn debug logging on and play into a commercial and send me the log.

Dont1982

Ok how do I make sure it is enabled?  

Edit:  It is enabled to automatically skip commercials.  EDL files are names just like the video files.  attached is the log file

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by Dont1982

BillOatman
10 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

Ok how do I make sure it is enabled?  

Edit:  It is enabled to automatically skip commercials.  EDL files are names just like the video files.  attached is the log file

embyserver (1).txt 8.29 MB · 0 downloads

2022-11-14 16:55:45.251 Debug Com Skipper: Playback Session = 0fb8f187baac11b89d3cb664a7e5ffd3 Path = E:\TV Shows\The Bold and the Beautiful (1987)\Season 36\The Bold and the Beautiful S36E34.mp4
2022-11-14 16:55:45.251 Debug Com Skipper: Media File: E:\TV Shows\The Bold and the Beautiful (1987)\Season 36\The Bold and the Beautiful S36E34.mp4   EDL file E:\TV Shows\The Bold and the Beautiful (1987)\Season 36\The Bold and the Beautiful S36E34.edl
2022-11-14 16:55:45.251 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host3. Time: 6ms. http://192.168.0.108:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing
2022-11-14 16:55:45.251 Debug Com Skipper: Comskip EDL file [E:\TV Shows\The Bold and the Beautiful (1987)\Season 36\The Bold and the Beautiful S36E34.edl] does not exist.

It cannot find the EDL file.

BillOatman
7 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

It is is the same folder as the video file.  

The MS documentation for the call that tests for the files existence says:

If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to read the specified file, no exception is thrown and the method returns false regardless of the existence of path.

That's the only thing I can see that could cause that error.  

Hi

this is the error I have:

Error Com Skipper: Could not parse EDL file /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx.edl. Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array

if you want I can share the whole log file

I use this format:

60.00 120.00 0

Thanks

Edited by iBoss

BillOatman
7 hours ago, iBoss said:

Hi

this is the error I have:

Error Com Skipper: Could not parse EDL file /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx.edl. Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array

if you want I can share the whole log file

I use this format:

60.00 120.00 0

Thanks

Could you just send the edl file please. Plus, what generated the file?

Also, if you have spaces between the values, they need to be tabs.

Edited by BillOatman

23 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Could you just send the edl file please. Plus, what generated the file?

Also, if you have spaces between the values, they need to be tabs.

I'm the one who create the file

Yes now is working when I use tabs for spaces :)

Many thanks

I have another request if that possible ... can we make check box to enable the skipper for the movie before play it?