ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

Spaceboy
8 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Oh its the ini file.  Odd because I don't think I did anything different this time than the others. The shouldn't stop the DLL from working.

I'll build with the older Emby nuget and see if that works for you.

I'm running whatever the latest stable Emby is, I'm not home not to take a look at the number.  

it is odd - not certain this will fix it but its the only thing i could think of. 🤷‍♂️

roaku
2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

it is odd - not certain this will fix it but its the only thing i could think of. 🤷‍♂️

I've been known to accidentally copy the dll to the system plugins directory instead of the programdata plugins directory.

• Like 1

Spaceboy
5 minutes ago, roaku said:

I've been known to accidentally copy the dll to the system plugins directory instead of the programdata plugins directory.

i double and triple checked for that before posting :)

image.thumb.png.a8f488874ae1fea5eb5549cd51244dcf.png

roaku
6 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

i double and triple checked for that before posting :)

image.thumb.png.a8f488874ae1fea5eb5549cd51244dcf.png

It looks like you're copying an ini file for the comskipper app itself to the plugins directory, not the ComSkipper plugin dll.

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy
3 minutes ago, roaku said:

It looks like you're copying an ini file for the comskipper app itself to the plugins directory, not the ComSkipper plugin dll.

thats a new one 🤣

• Haha 1

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

Was that it? :)

yeah sorry, in my haste to install i took the ini from the first post

BillOatman
15 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

yeah sorry, in my haste to install i took the ini from the first post

No worries, Im just glad that all it was :)

BillOatman
16 hours ago, vdrover said:

@BillOatmanAny interest in opening the wiki area on Github? Would make updating install instructions a lot easier.

Opening up? How would I do that.

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

If I start playback of a recording before the comskip process finishes, so there's no EDL file yet, will it start skipping commercials once comskip finishes and the EDL is available or would I need to stop and restart playback? 

BillOatman
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

If I start playback of a recording before the comskip process finishes, so there's no EDL file yet, will it start skipping commercials once comskip finishes and the EDL is available or would I need to stop and restart playback? 

Restart if there is no EDL file.  It loads that data when playback starts.

• Like 1

BillOatman
On 1/18/2023 at 2:51 PM, crusher11 said:

Is there a way to get an alert when the EDL has been created? 

Not really, comskip creates that.  Maybe in the script that runs comskip something could be added

Edited by BillOatman

vdrover
On 1/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, crusher11 said:

Is there a way to get an alert when the EDL has been created? 

What kind of notification are you hoping for and on what OS?

crusher11
15 hours ago, vdrover said:

What kind of notification are you hoping for and on what OS?

Well all my other Emby server notifications come via PushBullet. So that would make sense.

The server is on Synology. 

alexcapone
On 1/21/2023 at 6:19 AM, crusher11 said:

The server is on Synology. 

Hello,  I was digging through the this thread and noticed you were one of the only users that set comskip on synology.  Could you point me to any resource you used to set this up?  RIght now I have Live TV+Recording working fine.  Comskip is the last piece to finish my Live TV/DVR setup.

alexcapone
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

So I downloaded that package (as well as ffmpeg package) and read the wiki but it doesn't tell me how to configure it in Emby.  Based on reading your previous post you just set it up in your post process record settings and it works?  Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your final configuration?  It would help me as a reference to set mine up accordingly.

Edit: Is this still your configuration?:

My install is also on volume1 so it wouldn't change in my setup either.  I'm just waiting for a recording to finish and see if the process runs.

Edit 2: Looks like the wiki shows the default path to be /volume1/@appstore/comskip/bin/compskip.ini  (which is slightly different than your path). I verified via ssh that my ini file was located in the default path.  I saw that you posted your ini file.  Did you make changes to the default ini file?  Not sure about all of these settings to change.

Edited by alexcapone

• 4 weeks later...
jriker1

Thread to long to find this.  I saw some threads with people for the last few years complaining about Emby not having EDL support.  Just started recording with Emby and used this plugin with it.  So see the recording and the edl file.  Will this automatically skip commercials with the Shield Pro?  It's in use right now so can't verify.  Little I've found looked like it popped up the skip message but didn't actually skip anything.

Edited by jriker1

samuelqwe
39 minutes ago, jriker1 said:

Thread to long to find this.  I saw some threads with people for the last few years complaining about Emby not having EDL support.  Just started recording with Emby and used this plugin with it.  So see the recording and the edl file.  Will this automatically skip commercials with the Shield Pro?  It's in use right now so can't verify.  Little I've found looked like it popped up the skip message but didn't actually skip anything.

Yes, it should be skipping automatically. If that's not happening, there could be something blocking the plugin from sending playback commands to the Shield.

2 hours ago, jriker1 said:

I use it on my Shield and it works fine. Make sure you have the plugin enabled after you install it. Also check the edl file content to make sure that comskip is detecting the commercials.

jriker1

Thanks I'll give it a try tonight.  Out of curiosity, I have the beta version of the Android I guess "phone" app but wasn't there somewhere to get the latest beta of the Android TV app?  Thought I saw it in the forum before and now can't find it.  Thought enrolling in the beta program thru Google wasn't how it worked anymore and the APK's where somewhere