New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

gillmacca01

This probably isn't possibly, but hey, If you don't ask, you don't know.

Is it possible to create a playlist based on certain tv channels/tags?

Hawkwinter
19 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

This probably isn't possibly, but hey, If you don't ask, you don't know.

Is it possible to create a playlist based on certain tv channels/tags?

In theory, "Tag (Tree Crawl)" should do what you want. However, in practice I just tested it, and it doesn't seem to work. I put a tag on three "seasons" of a show (movies sorted as seasons), ran a basic playlist filter where all it did was a tree crawl check for that tag, and it only detected one item when it should have detected three.

BaiGanJia

@ShaneP

dear shaneP, is this possible to sort by added list asc?

like movie1,movie2--->move250

and also I found a bug , when I making a new playlist, I added 250 items to the listzone,

- Update type:manual

- save

- execute

the system RAM,Memory usage soared to 11gb and broken down my serverPC,

I mean:If add too many items, it will cause the execution to take up too much memory and cause a crash

image.thumb.png.998b4ad707b1f5f090c8859f9a8a94c2.png 

eeeeeesy

is this working in 4.7.6.0?

image.thumb.png.ec89b0c2eafe7e837622f8a5b49090db.png

i  hit save then on the next page i click on "open item in new window" 

but this is all i see

image.thumb.png.7926b1a261bfa45a15958247a0986072.png

Edited by eeeeeesy

horstepipe

Hey Shane,

looks like there is a small bug when creating a collection, not a playlist and sort it by "Release date desc".

The items are being shown "Release date asc", so the collection shows the same order on "Release date desc" and "Release date asc".

BTW what is meanwhile about the collection issue, can I setup images for them now or is there still a bug in the core?

Best regards

eeeeeesy
On 9/6/2022 at 8:06 AM, horstepipe said:

Hey Shane,

looks like there is a small bug when creating a collection, not a playlist and sort it by "Release date desc".

The items are being shown "Release date asc", so the collection shows the same order on "Release date desc" and "Release date asc".

BTW what is meanwhile about the collection issue, can I setup images for them now or is there still a bug in the core?

Best regards

how is it working at all for you? i cant even get the playlist to show up. are you on emby server 4.7.6.0?

Edited by eeeeeesy

koopa8840
On 9/5/2022 at 9:36 PM, eeeeeesy said:

is this working in 4.7.6.0?

image.thumb.png.ec89b0c2eafe7e837622f8a5b49090db.png

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. If you want one playlist, named Decades, then set one year range from 1970 to 2009. However the way you have it set, the plugin is searching for ALL ranges in a file. Change it to ANY and check your results. ALL = AND      ANY = OR

• Like 1

horstepipe
13 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

how is it working at all for you? i cant even get the playlist to show up. are you on emby server 4.7.6.0?

Yes I‘m on that version.

hmm the plug-in works fine here mostly.

Though there seem to be some bugs around live playlist, didn’t take another look there, yet.

eeeeeesy
20 hours ago, koopa8840 said:

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. If you want one playlist, named Decades, then set one year range from 1970 to 2009. However the way you have it set, the plugin is searching for ALL ranges in a file. Change it to ANY and check your results. ALL = AND      ANY = OR

oh sweet that helped me out a bunch. its working now.

is there a way to view them as a grid?

koopa8840
3 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

oh sweet that helped me out a bunch. its working now.

is there a way to view them as a grid?

As far as I know, not for a Playlist, but a Collection shows as a grid.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, nuentes said:

@ShaneP I want to make a playlist of all my 4K movies. Would it be possible to include resolution as a query-able variable?

Hey @nuentes, Next release will have Resolution Height and Resolution Width which should give you what you need.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:18 PM, koopa8840 said:

@ShaneP I did more testing and found the error definitely occurs when moving files. I can disable the Live collection, move files, enable the Live collection and have no error. Also, when the error occurs you have to manually Refresh in order for Scheduled Refreshes to execute.

Hey @koopa8840 I've changed a few things around how this works now, I was unable to replicate it though. So if the next release doesn't fix please can you give me more details... i.e. are you moving the across libraries ... etc...

On 8/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Emmanueld said:

@ShanePA million thanks for this plugin!!!

Is there any way Actor & Guest Star could be separate fields?

Hey @Emmanueld What's the use case here? And Thanks!!! :D

On 8/13/2022 at 5:14 AM, chowbok said:

Is it just me, or is there no way to manually sort an existing smart playlist? If there is, how do I do it?

Hey @chowbok Sorting on the playlist will only sort the new items that being added, as playlists could be large and sorting resource expensive it's best to set up a sort job to handle this in the background.

On 8/13/2022 at 6:43 AM, chowbok said:

No, I just mean invoke the sort on an existing playlist when I want to. Right now I only see how to do it on a timer.

Correct.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, Hawkwinter said:

In theory, "Tag (Tree Crawl)" should do what you want. However, in practice I just tested it, and it doesn't seem to work. I put a tag on three "seasons" of a show (movies sorted as seasons), ran a basic playlist filter where all it did was a tree crawl check for that tag, and it only detected one item when it should have detected three.

Hey @Hawkwinter In my tests this worked, can you give me more detail so I can replicate. Thanks again.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:08 AM, BaiGanJia said:

@ShaneP

dear shaneP, is this possible to sort by added list asc?

like movie1,movie2--->move250

and also I found a bug , when I making a new playlist, I added 250 items to the listzone,

- Update type:manual

- save

- execute

the system RAM,Memory usage soared to 11gb and broken down my serverPC,

I mean:If add too many items, it will cause the execution to take up too much memory and cause a crash

image.thumb.png.998b4ad707b1f5f090c8859f9a8a94c2.png 

Hey @BaiGanJia, How many items are we talking about? I have a lib of +- 10 000 items and have  not seen this, but then again, I have run smaller filters so it could be related to that. What does the log look like? (Also what criteria are you using, I can't seem to see from the screen shot.) I'm not sure how a "sort by list" would work because it would be sorting in the criteria you've selected. Criteria values are purely for filtering. What is the use case here? Thanks so much.

horstepipe
On 9/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, horstepipe said:

Hey Shane,

Best regards

@ShaneP will you take a look at this little bug?

On 05/09/2022 at 08:39, BaiGanJia said:

dear @ShaneP

Is there a way to count the playback of all users instead of a single user?

image.thumb.png.83fe7703852926c984f6b906b9884903.png

I would also be interested in this!

Thanks

BaiGanJia
On 9/12/2022 at 12:47 AM, ShaneP said:

Hey @BaiGanJia, How many items are we talking about? I have a lib of +- 10 000 items and have  not seen this, but then again, I have run smaller filters so it could be related to that. What does the log look like? (Also what criteria are you using, I can't seem to see from the screen shot.) I'm not sure how a "sort by list" would work because it would be sorting in the criteria you've selected. Criteria values are purely for filtering. What is the use case here? Thanks so much.

I have a lib of  40000+ movie items 

I want to create a list for IMDB top 250,But I found that the sorting is not NO.1- no.250, it's sorted according to the title of the movie

======================about the Ram bug

emby Ram。before:image.png.7be1d23f4f45b80bcb755c452bc4ee08.png

image.thumb.png.bd24fef16b05c9239afd44c43c042985.png

image.png.5759112c1a29ef433f4fa3d234952de8.png

image.thumb.png.f847a5b2514b9ebdfecc8aad57762c69.png

image.png.3f835c723b7487eb272f30f9b61930fe.pngimage.thumb.png.cfa9dca12bc32d649ba2d09b53f07aff.png

log.txt

Edited by BaiGanJia

• 3 weeks later...
nuentes

I'd like to be able to join 2 playlists into one, and I can't figure out a way to do this. Any ideas? Here is my use case:

I'm trying to perfect my Halloween playlist. I've got a playlist with the majority of what I want working perfectly. It pulls in episodes that include halloween in the title or Overview, as well as many other things. I also have a 2nd playlist of Horror-Comedy TV episodes. When I try to join the rules of the two playlists together into one smart playlist ruleset, I get flooded with WAY too many horror comedy episodes. This is because in my library, I have roughly the same number of horror-comedy episodes as I do Halloween-themed episodes. I want to combine the two playlists in a specific ratio. So I would have 2 helper playlists that feed into a 3rd playlist. The Halloween playlist would be limited to 100, the Horror Comedy playlist limited to 10. They would be joined into a single playlist limited down to 50. In theory, this should leave me with a playlist that is roughly 90% Halloween episodes, and about 10% Horror Comedy.

If it's possible, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I think this might be a feature request. It's a niche request, and I definitely get that.

Guest RXWatcher

I'm totally new to smart playlists and Emby but is it possible to make a smart collection under a specific library?

For example, I have a library called 'Foreign Films' and I want to make a collection for 'Bollywood' with a country code of 'hi' under the 'Foreign Films' Library.

Thanks!

koopa8840
5 hours ago, RXWatcher said:

I'm totally new to smart playlists and Emby but is it possible to make a smart collection under a specific library?

For example, I have a library called 'Foreign Films' and I want to make a collection for 'Bollywood' with a country code of 'hi' under the 'Foreign Films' Library.

Thanks!

If the films are in their own folder (X:\Movies\Foreign Films\[movie title folder]\, you can use 'Path\Filename',  and filter for 'Foreign Films' and then filter the country code. Make sense?