A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Canaletto
On 7/12/2022 at 3:19 PM, VicMoore said:

Hello Canaletto...

Your requested addition is now in the code.  Let me know if it works as you expected.

Go to the TV series where you want to change the "date added", select a season, then use shift-click on any show to select them all. Now use the bulk edit to change them all at once.

Vic

emby_new_tool_32.html 406.19 kB · 1 download

Merci beaucoup for this addition ! I 

I tested by doing a Bulk Edit on a season but the information is not saved...

Edited by Canaletto

MrBeatrixKiddo

Question:  Why does your metadata editor not show all the tags emby has stored.  your app shows some of the tags, but when i look in emby, i there many many others listed.

VicMoore

Sorry for being slow -- I will be back at my computer tomorrow.

Vic

VicMoore

MrBetrixKiddo..  I know of a few things that I chose not to implement, but not many.  What do you see in the Emby metadata editor that I have not implemented?  My goal was to bulk edit metadata, which the Emby editor does not do.  I am always looking for good ideas, so I appreciate anything that you can tell me.  Keep in mind that this project's goal is to explore the Emby API, and to have fun 🙂 

Vic

VicMoore

Canaletto, I must have left some test code in the software. I will fix it ASAP.  Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning, Canaletto...

I ran several tests and had no problem changing the release date and date added on a selected group of tv shows. 

The test was as follows:

1) on the emby main page I "clicked"  "TV Shows" to display all of the TV series on my emby server

2) I then selected the TV series "The Munsters"

3) next I selected "season 2" of the Munsters to display all of the shows in season 2

4) I then used "shift-click" on one of the shows in season 2 to select all of the shows in season 2

5) then I selected "bulk edit"

6) In bulk edit I changed the "Date Added" by clicking on the associated date picker

7) Then I click "Save" to save all of the changes.

Please keep in mind that metadata is not changed recursively. If you change the metadata for a season, it does not propagate to the episodes for that season. To change the episodes, select them all (with shift-click) and then bulk edit them.

Let me know if this helps.  If you are still having problems I will try explaining more clearly.

The code I used is attached below

emby_new_tool_35.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

hello Everyone...

I have removed the dashboard from the sign on screen. I integrated the dashboard into the Virtual TV programming guide under "Live TV."  My use case is to have one screen that shows the VirtualTV  Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) and the status of all Emby devices on my local network. From this screen I can select and play VirtualTV channels on any of the Emby devices. Just click on a channel, select a device, and a playlist for that channel will be sent to the device and played. I can also locally control all of the Emby devices. This is a fun way for me to monitor and control all of the TVs in my house from a tablet.  I did this just to learn how to do it.  

Vic

p.s.  The red rectangles in the EPG below are the programs currently playing in VirtualTv. Here each rectangle is missing the show title text because I am currently finishing that part of the code.

image.png.6858eee4e034c6a0ecebb822400b1017.png

emby_new_tool_35.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

MrBetrixKiddo...

It's best to put the html file on the same server as your browser.

Vic

VicMoore

Dashboard Progress...

The dashboard is still buggy, but I am making progress.  I will post an update later today.

Vic

Canaletto
On 7/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, VicMoore said:

Please keep in mind that metadata is not changed recursively. If you change the metadata for a season, it does not propagate to the episodes for that season. To change the episodes, select them all (with shift-click) and then bulk edit them.

Hello,

It seems to work.
Can you confirm me that we can change this information only for a season but not for a complete show?

Merci

lionel

VicMoore

It will work in general for what you select.  I am glad that it works for you now.  Let me know if I can help further.

Vic

kuzak84

Vic,

Thank you for your absolutely incredible work developing this tool. It fills an extraordinary gap in Emby functionality, and your willingness to give it away is more than generous!

Given Emby's lack of a "star rating" system, I've resorted to creating 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* playlists that I add videos to accordingly. It's a sloppy solution, but it gets the job done for now. With almost 1000 videos, though, I would love the ability to create a filter within your tool to show videos that are not in any playlists (similar to the "No Tags" option in the Tags dropdown). That would in effect give me a list of videos that need ratings.

Any thoughts on this? Again, thank you so much!

Al

VicMoore

Hello Kuzak84...

Thanks for the kind words.

I will work on your request and determine what can be done.  If I can figure out how to do it, then I will add the filter for you.  Give me a few days to think about it.  

Vic

gillmacca01

I'm probably doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to select GB parental rating.

I log in, all my libraries are shown - I select VOD (this is strm files from my IPTV Provider), I then select Filter, and select min and max parental rating as TV-MA, and applied filter

I shift+clicked to select all folders which all have TV-MA rating, and this is where my problem started.

I was hoping to select a GB rating for this files (example: GB-15, GB-18 etc), but this is what I see:

image.thumb.png.c46bc52c78405a58c2b9952b96094c67.png

Is it possible to change these to GB ratings?

I have other shows/movies that have ratings from across the globe, that I want to tidy up and all have GB at the beginning of the rating

I tried selecting TV-MA and save, but that just goes to a page that looks like it stuck - just says loading please wait (waited half an hour)

VicMoore

Hello Kuzak84...

I added the filter to the code.  I need you to test it to make sure it does what you want. Be sure to turn the filter off when you don't want it applied.

Vic

P.S.   Also, when you display a movie, you can click on an actor or actress and create collections and playlists from all of the movies the person starred in.

emby_new_tool_37.html

VicMoore

Hello Gillmacca01...

Can you provide me the GB ratings and how they relate to the ratings in the pulldown list? If so, I will look into adding them to the list. Keep in mind that these ratings are applied to content stored in the Emby DB.  

The latest tool is attached below.

Vic

emby_new_tool_37.html

Edited by VicMoore

Happy2Play
Just now, VicMoore said:

Hello Gillmacca01...

Can you provide me the GB ratings and how they relate to the ratings in the pulldown list? If so, I will look into adding them to the list.

Vic

Sound like they would like to change to a none listed PR ie bulk edit PR.@gillmacca01

LoadRatings("gb", new[] {

new ParentalRating("GB-U", 1),
                new ParentalRating("GB-PG", 5),
                new ParentalRating("GB-12", 6),
                new ParentalRating("GB-12A", 7),
                new ParentalRating("GB-15", 8),
                new ParentalRating("GB-18", 9),
                new ParentalRating("GB-R18", 15)
            });

VicMoore

Thanks Happy2Play for the ratings. 

I implemented your idea for adding playlist and collection buttons to actress and actor screens so that playlists and collections can quickly be made containing all of the movies in the emby db that they stared in.  So I owe you a double thanks.:-)

vic

VicMoore

Hello Gillmacca01...

I added your ratings codes to the pulldown lists.  Let me know if this solves your problem. The code is attached below.

Vic

emby_new_tool_37.html

kuzak84
6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Kuzak84...

I added the filter to the code.  I need you to test it to make sure it does what you want. Be sure to turn the filter off when you don't want it applied.

Vic

P.S.   Also, when you display a movie, you can click on an actor or actress and create collections and playlists from all of the movies the person starred in.

emby_new_tool_37.html 411.47 kB · 2 downloads

This is AWESOME! Thank you! Works perfectly, including refreshing after media has been added to a playlist. Still looking into my workflow for adding all of my media into playlists (i.e. rating all of my videos).

When you're in the video player watching a video and click "Return," is there any way to return to the media "preview screen," instead of all the way back to the video list? Currently once I'm back on the video list, I have to click the video once to deselect it, then again to select it, then click Manage Playlist.

You're doing a phenomenal job; keep up the great work!

VicMoore

Hello Kuzak84...

I noticed that problem also. I just have not had time to fix it. I will get to it soon.

Please feel free to make suggestions. This is a community project. Your thoughts are important.

Vic