A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

akacharos

What a lovely tool! Thanks VicMoore!!

Just an idea:  do you think it is possible to generate collections based on tags? So you would filter a listing and then given the option to add these to a collection. That would rock :)

Tremas

Hello @VicMoore, thanks for all of your great work on these tools. It's clear you are learning quite a bit about emby because I am learning a lot just by following the thread. One thing that I have always wondered about is how emby handles local trailers. If you have video files with "-trailer.ext" in the name, emby will make the video available with a trailer button on the movie info page. However, it is not exposed anywhere else in the UI. To my knowledge, you cannot add metadataor build a playlist of trailers. Metadata is not very useful, but I would be interested in building playlists of trailers to help decide what I want to watch next from my backlog. Are local trailers a media type that is exposed in the API and something that your tool could add to a playlist or collection? Thanks again for all of your efforts.

VicMoore

Good morning Tremas...

Yes, I am learning a lot. I appreciate your comments and you pose an interesting question. I have never tried to tag trailers or put them in a playlist.  I will try to do so and let you know the outcome.

Vic

VicMoore

Tremas...

I changed the code to display trailers.  You can now select an assortment of trailers and put them into a playlist.  The resulting playlist will play in Emby.  I am still trying to figure out why they don't play in the tool.

The new code is attached.

Vic

EmbyTagApp32.html

• Thanks 1

Tremas

Hi @VicMoore, I guess I need some help. Once I select a movie, how do I add the trailer and not the full film to a playlist? Or is there another section where trailers are listed? Thanks!

VicMoore

Tremas, you don't select the movies. Go to the emby trailer folder and select the trailers that you want for your playlist.

Vic

p.s.  make sure that you have installed the trailer plugin.

Edited by VicMoore

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Tremas, you don't select the movies. Go to the emby trailer folder and select the trailers that you want for your playlist.

Vic

p.s.  make sure that you have installed the trailer plugin.

Vic, user was talking about local trailers, which can be found in two places: either in movie folder named <moviename>-trailer.ext or within \trailers subfolder in movie folder. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Thanks for clarifying that. Sometimes I am a bit slow 🙂

I need to think about this.

Vic

DataHoarder

I have just tested editing Genres and Tags on a 'Home Video & Photos' library, and no changes were applied.

Am I doing something wrong, or are 'Home Video & Photos' libraries not supported?

Charles Bosquet

Hello Vic.
French again!
With version 32 of the xml file, the "Tagline" field when empty automatically adds "No tagline" which remains visible on the devices. A way to avoid this?
Thanks again.
vs.

VicMoore

I will check out both of these problems ASAP

Vic

P.S.  Yes Charles, I will remove the "No Tagline"  today.  I put it in for debugging. I should have removed it, but forgot 🙂

Edited by VicMoore

horstepipe

hey @VicMoore
I was just about trying out your tool.

Unfortunately after logging in the page stays at

Loading Page, Please Wait!

in DevTools I'm seeing this:

Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at myConsoleLog (EmbyTagApp29.html:4289:30)
    at myConsoleLog (EmbyTagApp29.html:4293:21)
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Any idea?

Best regards

horstepipe
On 1/20/2022 at 7:48 PM, VicMoore said:

Yes, filter on ratings is easy to do. At the moment I am fully occupied with home duties for the wife. I will add this soon.

On another topic, Horstepipe, I have not forgotten your request. It's not easy to do. I will let you know soon if I can do it.

Vic

No rush, but did you figure out whether this is possible?

Best regards!

VicMoore

hello Horstepipe...

I have been thinking about your request.  I have to break it down into available APIs.  I have a question. Would it be helpful if I allowed you to search on IMDB ids? then you could select and tag the search results. Just an idea.

Vic

horstepipe
8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

hello Horstepipe...

I have been thinking about your request.  I have to break it down into available APIs.  I have a question. Would it be helpful if I allowed you to search on IMDB ids? then you could select and tag the search results. Just an idea.

Vic

Yes, that is what my request basically is about 🙂

search for multiple IMDb IDs -> assign a tag to the results 

horstepipe
On 2/15/2022 at 3:10 AM, horstepipe said:

Yes, that is what my request basically is about 🙂

search for multiple IMDb IDs -> assign a tag to the results 

optionally it outputs a list of movies (imdb ids) which are not available at Emby server.

VicMoore

Good morning Horstepipe...

I have tried several ways to search on IMDB numbers and none were suitable.  Emby allows searching on "having an IMDB number" but not on a specific number. In my tool, all of the magic is actually being provided by Emby.  I just activate API's.  This is the key separator between Plex and Emby.  The list of APIs in Emby is impressive, but unfortunately it does not include what you have requested.  As I learn and my abilities grow, I may be able to solve your problem in the future.  I will keep it in mind.

Vic

horstepipe
2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I have tried several ways to search on IMDB numbers and none were suitable.  Emby allows searching on "having an IMDB number" but not on a specific number. In my tool, all of the magic is actually being provided by Emby.  I just activate API's.  This is the key separator between Plex and Emby.  The list of APIs in Emby is impressive, but unfortunately it does not include what you have requested.  As I learn and my abilities grow, I may be able to solve your problem in the future.  I will keep it in mind.

Vic

thank you very much for taking a look at it!

I googled around here in the forum, look at this post:

maybe this helps?

horstepipe
2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Emby allows searching on "having an IMDB number" but not on a specific number.

@Luke if you have a minute, any input about that?

VicMoore

Yes, you can search on a Provider ID, but you can't search on an IMDB number.  

Vic