A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

UrbanExplorer...

I am a bit slow. Could you please say what you want added, what it would do, and suggest a GUI to do it.

Vic

VicMoore

UrbanExplorer... I think I now know what to do. I will try a few things and get back with you very soon.

Vic

VicMoore

UrbanExplorer.... Attached is the code with your request included. You can now add People and Studios to a group of selected items. The rule is that the person that requests a feature get to test it.  Let me know if you find any problems.  I am turning now to adding "Delete" so that names and studios can be removed from items. I have the button on the GUI but it's currently not active.

Vic

I just updated the code and the delete button now works.

EmbyTagApp28b.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I just added a metadata editor like the one in Emby. You can now select a group of files and then edit all of their metadata, one file at a time. Buttons cycle you through the selected items. I have disabled saving changes until I finish the GUI. I have to add locks and a few other things. I would like someone to use the GUI and give me suggestions about what needs to be changed.

GrimReaper, if you have time, please look at this and give me comments. I know you have thousands of tags, and I would like the GUI to work in that environment.

Vic

I just added locks. Let me know if the GUI is OK. What should I change or add?

EmbyTagApp28d.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 2

GrimReaper
35 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

GrimReaper, if you have time, please look at this and give me comments. I know you have thousands of tags, and I would like the GUI to work in that environment.

Sure thing, Vic, either later tonite (doubtful) or tomorrow morning, will revert. 

GrimReaper

Gave a quick spin this morning, few notes below:

1) Inclusion of Metadata editor is good stuff, as now all changes can be done from the same interface, practically eliminating the need to reach for in-built Metadata editor; however, IMHO biggest - CORE - issue with Emby's Metadata editor is lack of bulk-editing and that is something your Tool is doing simply great and should be focusing on; that said, had generally no issues going through the editor with one, several or large number of items selected regardless of number of tags attached (this particular singe library has like 30,000-40,000 tags alone), saw no issues with Previous/Next browsing or adding any field - as I understood, Saving is disabled atm till you polish it; one thing of note: once an item (or few) were selected, switched to Metadata editor, either browsed Next/Previous or not and then Cancelled, subsequently returning on library page, Ctrl+Click cannot Select any item(s) any more but takes one straight to Metadata editor again. 

2) Following above @jankete's query for Parental ratings (and Custom ratings!), I reckon those should also be implemented as bulk-edit items, with already existing ones (Tags, Genres, Watched status) I'd say that is the only one remaining that is likely to be applied in bulk in certain scenarios. 

1332331286_Screenshot2022-01-30113120.thumb.png.bc8777e01874086d61f1cf4d992a4a83.png

581646812_Screenshot2022-01-30112916.thumb.png.0c53fb449ca488b5a84d06899b49a35e.png

3) Once in "Filters" view, there's no way to go back, there should be "Return" or "Previous Page" there; yeah, you can Apply blank filters, but that causes reload, which with larger libraries takes unnecessary several seconds

978262464_Screenshot2022-01-30110554.thumb.png.d92bfc5437e8ad7a899be5b666c25f12.png

284799303_Screenshot2022-01-30110210.thumb.png.97bf9184e208f860a51d9ef54386db2b.png

4) Couldn't figure out what is Alt+Click supposed to do, as there's no reaction/result upon performing it on any item, could youi elaborate a bit on that one?

Anyway, those were few observations of a quick rundown this morning, if I come across anything else will post it here.

Great job, Vic, the Tool has come a long way and is simply awesome. Keep up the good work. 👍

Cheers

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

GrimReaper, thanks for the help. I corrected the problem with the cancel button.  I will post an update later today.

Vic

MBSki

@VicMoore The MetaData editor works pretty good. One request though, not sure if this is possible, but could you expose ALL versions of a movie in the MetaData editor? Here's an example

For Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse I have 3 versions of the movie.

image.png.f848a153ad000dc41d84bc4485e14004.png

Only one of them shows up in the MetaData editor though, I think because it's the first version scanned by Emby. 

image.png.ba377ac310786cde395281876efda35b.png

In order to use tags to share the other versions with other users, you'd have to split the versions into 3 separate movies, tag each version, then re-combine the versions into 1 movie. If you could grab all the versions of each movie that would make tagging each version much, MUCH easier. 😁

VicMoore

Hello Mbarylsky...

You are right. 

As to your question, if I can figure out how to do it then I will implement it.  First, I would like to get the metadata editor debugged.  Please keep using it and let me know if you have problems.

One question. Do all of the movies share the same metadata? Or does each movie have its own metadata?

Vic

MBSki
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

As to your question, if I can figure out how to do it then I will implement it.  First, I would like to get the metadata editor debugged.  Please keep using it and let me know if you have problems.

Will do.

1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

One question. Do all of the movies share the same metadata? Or does each movie have its own metadata?

I think it's all the same except for the filename and tags. There's a good possibility other users would see it differently, but for me just those 2 are different. Frankly I'd rather have the tags the same too, but the way the Emby app currently works is it only applies the tag to 1 version. I don't know why though. @Happy2Play Do you know why each version of a movie has separate tag data? Is all the metadata different for each version?

VicMoore

Mbarylski, I just noticed that dates were not being updated properly.  I attached code below that keeps the dates from being saved while I fix the problem.

Vic

EmbyTagApp28e.html

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

OK, I corrected the date saving problem. The new code is below.

Vic

I made a few updates to the code.

EmbyTagApp29.html

Edited by VicMoore

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Yes when grouped and Yes.  For multi-version items the UI uses one versions nfo file, usually the first one.  And the UI only updates/changes one nfo.  To update all versions they have to be split appart, edited then rejoined.

image.thumb.png.2ff78b11afca3cc319f4c893a5df01e1.png

So in this case since the UI only updates one version the 1080p version and the 2160p version is not.

• Agree 1

MBSki
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes when grouped and Yes.  For multi-version items the UI uses one versions nfo file, usually the first one.  And the UI only updates/changes one nfo.  To update all versions they have to be split appart, edited then rejoined.

image.thumb.png.2ff78b11afca3cc319f4c893a5df01e1.png

So in this case since the UI only updates one version the 1080p version and the 2160p version is not.

Cool, thanks. Do you think @VicMoorecan get to all versions even when they are grouped?

GrimReaper
17 hours ago, VicMoore said:

GrimReaper, the latest code is attached and "save" is enabled.  Everything should be working.

Vic

EmbyTagApp28e.html 250.39 kB · 1 download

Looking good on 29, Vic. 👍

Edit: @VicMoore An idea going through the Metadata editor, an old thread came to mind (and don't know whether this would be even feasible through the UI): can actors sort order be adjusted?

Edited by GrimReaper
Afterthought

VicMoore

GrimReaper...

I may be able to do this... I have to try it with the API.

vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

I just added a new feature to the tool. You can now remotely play videos. It works OK on my TVs but that's all the testing I have done. Give it a try and let me know if you have problems.

Vic

EmbyTagApp30.html

VicMoore

I corrected some logic in the remote play for videos. It's starting to get firm. I am doing a lot of testing. I put this feature in just to learn how to do it. 🙂

Vic

EmbyTagApp31.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

VicMoore

CBers,  yes I can do that. I want to get everything working first. Remind me next week.

Vic

• Like 1

CBers
16 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

CBers,  yes I can do that. I want to get everything working first. Remind me next week.

Vic

No worries, no rush. 

Thanks.