A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Happy2Play, I think you would use "VideoTypes=4k" but I have not tested it yet.

Vic

1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

Well, that didn't work.  I tried VideoTypes=hd and VideoTypes=4k   Neither worked.

Vic

I will test but looking at Emby log when applying the filters, it is "Is4K".  

"VideoType (videofile, dvd, bluray, iso)." I would think that applies here.

@Lukeare the SD, 4K filters exposed?  As mentioned above only IsHd is.

VicMoore

Happy2Play...

I tested Is3D, and Is4k and both work. IsSD also works, but it returns all videos.

Vic

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

IsSD also works, but it returns all videos.

Actually, Emby queries "&IsHD=false" for the SD filter per the log.

Happy2Play

So, scrubbing the log it is "&Is3D", "&Is4K" and "&IsHD" true for HD and false for SD.

VicMoore

Got it...Thanks so much.  I already have it implemented. I will post it tomorrow.

Vic

MangoMC
6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

MangoMc, can you explain more fully what you want me to do?

Vic

OK. Like happy said a filter bei videotype would be great. 

What I want to to do. My series are grouped and I want a tag for every series that contains the episodes also in 4k. 

For movies I want to create a truehd and dts HD tag. Also my movies are grouped. In the filenames of the movies is truehd or dtshd included but I can't filter by filename contains. Maybe that's also possible 

horstepipe
10 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Horstepipe, I will look into this on Monday.  I thought it actually worked the way that you have suggested that it should work.  I can't work on it today, but I will tomorrow.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Vic

Cool, thank you!

VicMoore

In this version there are lots of changes.  First, you can now filter on video type, such as 4k, 3D, HD, DVD, ISO, etc. MangoMC requested this feature and Happy2Play showed me how to do this via the Emby API.  Another change is that the options for saving tag, prople, studio, and genre metadata have been increased. You can now add just new metadata to other selected files rather than all of the metadata.  For example, if you add the tag ZZZ to one selected item, you can save just that tag to all of the other selected items, without deleting any of their current tags.  Horstepipe identified this deficiency and brought it to my attention.

I would appreciate all bug reports so I can fix them ASAP.

Horstepipe, please test this code to make sure it works as you expect.  Also look at my wording on the radio button options to determine if they convey the expected meaning.

Vic

emby_new_tool_17.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

MangoMC

Filtering 4k for movies work, but sadly not for Series

EDIT

But I guess I can't use that idea i had because of emby. I sorted by folder in Emby and favorited a few shows. 4k and fullhd is in seperate folders. And when I now sort in ur tool and set a tag its only for that folder. The same grouped fullhd show doesn't have any tag. Sadly

Edited by MangoMC

VicMoore

Have you tried a recursive search?  I will test filtering on Series to discover why that does not work.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

MangoMC, I don't believe that Series have a video type like 4K or SD associated with them. The individual TV shows in a series do have a video type. So, when you search for a 4K series you will always get 0.  The filtering is working properly.

Vic

MangoMC

Ok. I thought something like that. That's why I tried another way. But I don't know why. But it also doesn't work. I changed the view to folder. Went into the 4k series folder and selected all series. Marked them as favorite. After that I filtered by favorite in ur tool and tagged them all.

But now when I look at the series from normal all series view they don't have a tag. When I went into the folder view again and look there the tag is present. 

Don't know the database structure of emby but I don't understand that. 

VicMoore

Attached below is an updated version of the older tool. I commented out the metadata editor for the time being because it duplicates the editor in the new tool.

Vic

EmbyTagApp34.html

horstepipe
On 2/28/2022 at 4:57 PM, VicMoore said:

In this version there are lots of changes.  First, you can now filter on video type, such as 4k, 3D, HD, DVD, ISO, etc. MangoMC requested this feature and Happy2Play showed me how to do this via the Emby API.  Another change is that the options for saving tag, prople, studio, and genre metadata have been increased. You can now add just new metadata to other selected files rather than all of the metadata.  For example, if you add the tag ZZZ to one selected item, you can save just that tag to all of the other selected items, without deleting any of their current tags.  Horstepipe identified this deficiency and brought it to my attention.

I would appreciate all bug reports so I can fix them ASAP.

Horstepipe, please test this code to make sure it works as you expect.  Also look at my wording on the radio button options to determine if they convey the expected meaning.

Vic

emby_new_tool_17.html 256.35 kB · 4 downloads

Hey Vic

Unfortunately in this version I am not able to enter all needed imdb IDs, the field seems to have a character limit now.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe
3 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Hey Vic

Unfortunately in this version I am not able to enter all needed imdb IDs, the field seems to have a character limit now.

80 characters if that helps

VicMoore

I will make it 120 chars or whatever length you need. I will post a new copy in 30 min

Vic

VicMoore

Horstepipe...  Attached below is the new code. I extended the character length to 120. Let me know if you need it longer.

Vic

P.S.  I also reworked the fetch image page.  It's much cleaner now.

emby_new_tool_18.html

rlazaro

Thanks for this tool, it has helped alot of time for me!

Is there any easier way to tag Tv Shows? It keeps drilling down to each episode

Edit: Nvm I figured it out

Edited by rlazaro

VicMoore

I am glad that you figured it out. Let me know if there is something I can do to make the tool easier to use and understand.

Vic

• Like 1

horstepipe
On 3/1/2022 at 9:33 PM, VicMoore said:

Horstepipe...  Attached below is the new code. I extended the character length to 120. Let me know if you need it longer.

Vic

P.S.  I also reworked the fetch image page.  It's much cleaner now.

emby_new_tool_18.html 256.87 kB · 16 downloads

Hey

I can change it myself in the code so there's no real problem. But as one movie already has 15 characters (imdb.tt4513678,), 120 still is too low in most cases here 🙂

horstepipe

Hey

I can change it myself in the code so there's no real problem. But as one movie already has 15 characters (imdb.tt4513678,), 120 still is too low in most cases here 🙂

But all in all the tool is a real time savor now, thank you very much for implementing my needs!!!

One more thing (if that is possible via api, not sure...)
Would it be possible to filter by imdb ids on multiple libraries? E.g. movies and 4k movies?

horstepipe

Hey

But all in all the tool is a real time savor now, thank you very much for implementing my needs!!!

One more thing (if that is possible via api, not sure...)
Would it be possible to filter by imdb ids on multiple libraries? E.g. movies and 4k movies?

another thing I noticed:
The "lock" field should be enabled by default as soon as you edit fields like genres, tags... as this also happens if you do it via the Emby UI.

If they are not locked, they are going to be deleted/replaced, even if you just "scan for missing metadata".

horstepipe

sorry, one more thing 🙂

I just noticed that Emby also stores trakt-ids. It would be really nice to also do the same with them like we are now able to do for imdb ids. We could import trakt lists quite easy then.

VicMoore

Horstepipe...  I will make the field longer ASAP and I will look at the other requests tomorrow.  I have to allocate some time 🙂  First quick look doesn't reveal any problems. 

Vic

• Thanks 1