A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

horstepipe
5 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yes, you can search on a Provider ID, but you can't search on an IMDB number.  

Vic

Ok now I‘m confused? Where is the difference of these two?

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yes, you can search on a Provider ID, but you can't search on an IMDB number.  

Vic

Not sure of context here as I have really been following or ready every post, but "AnyProviderIdEquals" will query specific id

http://localhost:8097/emby/Items?Recursive=true&AnyProviderIdEquals=imdb.tt1160368&api_key={apikey}

VicMoore

Hello Happy2Play...

I checked the Items API and I can search on having an IMDB provider, but I can't search for a specific IMDB.  Am I wrong?  

Vic

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Happy2Play...

I checked the Items API and I can search on having an IMDB provider, but I can't search for a specific IMDB.  Am I wrong?  

Vic

The query I provided was by specific IMDBid, recursive is required.  But note I am no expert and anything with the api.

image.thumb.png.5d768c2732329573361e75ba64e967f0.png

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I have missed that option.  What API included it?   I will try it ASAP.

Vic

Not sure but that is from /items

VicMoore

Horstepipe, I apologize.  I was wrong.  I looked through the options of that API many times and each time missed the item I needed.  Happy2Play pointed it out to me, and I am very grateful.  I will add the option to search on IMDB ids and it will be ready tomorrow for you to test.  It's wonderful to learn something new.

Vic

VicMoore

The ability to search on IMDB numbers is now in the main tool. The code is below. This was possible because Happy2Play showed me how to do it. Thanks again.

Vic

EmbyTagApp33.html

horstepipe

btw. If I access Emby Server normally via nginx, browser debug shows me this error:

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://url/emby/Users?IsHidden=false&IsDisabled=false&api_key=apikey' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Do I need to add that header to my nginx config or is there another way to make it work (which is less safety impaired)?

pir8radio
2 hours ago, horstepipe said:

@pir8radiomaybe an idea? I’m basically using your nginx config.

whats the issue,  just the error above?  🙂 

• Agree 1

horstepipe
6 hours ago, pir8radio said:

whats the issue,  just the error above?  🙂 

Yes, and the tool doesn’t load anything - so unusable…

can post a screen tomorrow.

thanks

Edited by horstepipe

VicMoore

Good morning Horstepipe...   I can't help with this problem because I know nothing about nginx.  If you discover the problem and need me to change something, just let me know and I will do it if possible.  I have attached another tool below that you might want to try and see if it works in your environment.

Vic

emby_new_tool_16.html

horstepipe
23 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Horstepipe...   I can't help with this problem because I know nothing about nginx.  If you discover the problem and need me to change something, just let me know and I will do it if possible.  I have attached another tool below that you might want to try and see if it works in your environment.

Vic

emby_new_tool_16.html 248.92 kB · 4 downloads

thank you very much! This version seems to solve that problem.

about the imdb IDs:

searching for one ID works without problems!

But if I search for two IDs, only one movie is being shown.

So e.g. from your example, first is Ghostbusters and second is eternals

imdb.tt4513678,imdb.tt9032400

only Eternals is being shown.

If I change the order vice versa

imdb.tt9032400,imdb.tt4513678

only Ghostbuster shows up.

Hopefully you can fix that 🙂

Also it would be nice to filter over multiple libraries, e.g. 4k movies and "normal" movies - so I can add genres/tags to all versions directly - not sure whether this is possible via the api.

Thank you very much again!

Edited by horstepipe

VicMoore

Good morning Horstepipe...

Interesting, I never checked to see if multiple Ids worked. The API specifically states that a comma delimited list of Ids is allowed.  I will check it ASAP.

Vic

VicMoore

I checked my code and the request to the API was correct. So, I posted a request on the API forum asking if the API was working properly. Luke said the API only returns one result. He further said that He would fix the problem in the next Emby release.

Vic

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I checked my code and the request to the API was correct. So, I posted a request on the API forum asking if the API was working properly. Luke said the API only returns one result. He further said that He would fix the problem in the next Emby release.

Vic

Thanks for caring about that, will try it out with the next server beta!

GokuTradeDevil

Hi everyone , i would like to tag a show from the tv guide and looks that i can't, and with emby it tags the entire channel  !

So my question is if that is posible cause i want to hide some shows ! Thanks !

VicMoore

GokuTradeDevil, you can tag individual TV shows, seasons, and series with the tag tool. The latest code is attached below. Keep in mind that these tags are placed only on Emby content, not on IPTV content.  

Vic

EmbyTagApp33.html

Edited by VicMoore

GokuTradeDevil
32 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

GokuTradeDevil, you can tag individual TV shows, seasons, and series with the tag tool. The latest code is attached below. Keep in mind that these tags are placed only on Emby content, not on IPTV content.  

Vic

EmbyTagApp33.html 273.82 kB · 1 download

Thank you , what i need is to tag the epg content but is a emby limitation for now , hope in the next updates we can do this and more, like tag to favorite and so on !