A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Mbarylski, I will look into the code today and tell you the exact requirements the ctl-click looks for.  I am very interested in solving your problem.

Vic

MBSki
18 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Mbarylski, I will look into the code today and tell you the exact requirements the ctl-click looks for.  I am very interested in solving your problem.

Cool, thanks. It's quite baffling. There doesn't seem to be any difference other than sub-folders, but there must be something.

VicMoore

the first thing to try is to click on one of the images. The tool should display the image by itself, and the width of the image should be full screen.  Let me know if this works.

Vic

MBSki
2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

the first thing to try is to click on one of the images. The tool should display the image by itself, and the width of the image should be full screen.  Let me know if this works.

Yes, that works.

VicMoore

the next thing to try is to "alt"-click on an image, rather than "ctl"-click. The properties of the image will be given on the console. The console is brought up by pressing F12. once the console is displayed, click the "console" tab. The console will display the clicked object. The images type should be "Photo."

vic

MBSki
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

the next thing to try is to "alt"-click on an image, rather than "ctl"-click. The properties of the image will be given on the console. The console is brought up by pressing F12. once the console is displayed, click the "console" tab. The console will display the clicked object. The images type should be "Photo."

Alt-click doesn't work. I click it, but I don't see any properties.

VicMoore

OK,  Use the code below. I added to it a few console.log statements. Run this code. Then press F12 to bring up the browsers console. Click the "console" tab. Now with the Library Tool, go to the folder with the images where clt-click fails to work. Now "ctl" click an image, and send to me the text on the console.

Vic

EmbyTagApp24.html

MBSki
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

OK,  Use the code below. I added to it a few console.log statements. Run this code. Then press F12 to bring up the browsers console. Click the "console" tab. Now with the Library Tool, go to the folder with the images where clt-click fails to work. Now "ctl" click an image, and send to me the text on the console.

Vic

EmbyTagApp24.html 210.19 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, that's the code I'm using. What exactly am i looking for in the console? What browser should I be using? In Chrome I see the actual HTML code and in Edge I get a developer tools prompt. Only thing that I see like properties are in Chrome. Not really properties, but that's all I see. Can you send me an example of what I should see?

image.png.14dc45be4daf887be32a9287d71c8ceb.png

VicMoore

The code attached above is the same code that you have been using, except I added a few debug statements.  When you have the console up, be sure to select the "console" tab.  I use the Chrome browser.

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hmmmm...

That's exactly what you should see.  "ctl"-click one of the images and send me what you see on the console.

MBSki
6 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hmmmm...

That's exactly what you should see.  "ctl"-click one of the images and send me what you see on the console.

The image gets selected and it displays this in the console.

image.png.d8f458945458159c206ac300ae2da5f7.png

VicMoore

It appears that everything is working OK.  You said the image was selected when you "ctl"-cleicked on it?

MBSki
24 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

It appears that everything is working OK.  You said the image was selected when you "ctl"-cleicked on it?

The image was selected, but it's the folder that I can't CTRL+select. So in the folder hierarchy below, I CAN CTRL+select 1990, but I can't CTRL+select 1980. the only difference that I see is that one has sub-folders and the other doesn't.

• 1980 (folder)
    • photo.jpg
    • photo2.jpg
  • 1990 (folder)
    • November (sub-folder)
      • photo.jpg
Edited by mbarylski

VicMoore

OK, "alt"-click folder 1980. The object for this folder will appear on the console. Let me know the contents of this object. It should reveal the differences between the two folders.

Vic

MBSki
8 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

OK, "alt"-click folder 1980. The object for this folder will appear on the console. Let me know the contents of this object. It should reveal the differences between the two folders.

Ok, I see a difference. The 1980 folder shows up as Type=PhotoAlbum, 1990 folder has type=Folder. I don't know why except maybe I set the "View Type" in windows. 

VicMoore

I think I have what I need to know. I will fix the problem and send you an update tomorrow.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello Horstepipe...

I don't mind adding new content. The problem is that I don't understand what you are asking me to do. Please explain it simply. I know nothing about imdb links.

Vic

horstepipe
On 1/13/2022 at 1:29 AM, VicMoore said:

Hello Horstepipe...

I don't mind adding new content. The problem is that I don't understand what you are asking me to do. Please explain it simply. I know nothing about imdb links.

Vic

Hey

basically I‘d like to have a feature to mass edit movies. 
There are lots of services out there which provide list of movies, e.g. Trakt or Film-Fish. Most of these services link the movies inside these lists to IMDb. 
So instead of editing each movie separately (and adding the list name as a tag), I‘d like to fetch all IMDb links of a list and then feed it into your tool.

I hope it is getting more clear now :)

VicMoore

Horstepipe...

My mind is a bit slow. I understand from your description that you want to mass edit movies. In particular, you would like to add to each selected movie (from the Emby library) a tag that represents in some way a list of IMDB links that you provide. Is this correct?

Vic