Jump to content

Several features that are lacking in Emby.


leifrodhared
 Share

Recommended Posts

leifrodhared
Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't think anything is "erroring".  It looks like your music doesn't have proper tags and, when you refresh, you are telling Emby to read those tags (which don't exist so nothing is read).

It has tags, I've shown you this, and like I said when I provide extra info manually Emby does not use it either, does not complete the record , fill the remaining info.

Why is it that the "identify" option is just on movies? I mean this is what the refresh metadata function should do right?

When you run it and select find missing metadata it should do this right? Use the existing one and fetch what is missing.

It does not do that. 

image.png.4f49e3db5829ed613fe4994956cc927e.png

image.thumb.png.7cb2343812542cf384cccac006a44633.png

Even DeadBeef can correctly find the song on LastFM so stop gaslighting me that the song is not tagged properly like a copy paste army.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Identify is not just on movies. It can also be used on albums and artists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Identify is not just on movies. It can also be used on albums and artists.

Still not addressing my issue as it cannot be used on single songs.

So I tried every combination of doing this manually and refreshing, no luck.

Now please address the elephant in the room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
1 hour ago, leifrodhared said:

Uh so the logic is wrong, it should be - I provide data , go fetch according to what I've provided not go fetch "whatever".

Otherwise there is no way out of this as I change things and then the system changes it back.

The user action and preference should always trump whatever the system "wants" if it comes to logical metadata structures.

And if what you say is true why do you have 2 options for updating metadata? One to remove one to find missing?

Atm they both do the same thing, wipe my manual edits and then they still don't find the correct data.

They just leave the file as it was originally which I  have shown on screenshots.

Embedding your metadata with TagScanner or Picard first is really the best way to start.. problems with filling this information in from the internet, in addition to what is embedded... such as album and artists descriptions and images... seems to be a subjective thing.. for me I have terrible luck with regard to getting artists images, backdrops, and information responses back from Musicbrainz, AudioDB, and FanArt... so this can be a separate issue even when you have the correct information... Re-scan, Refresh and Replace... then it may work if you go in and do them one by one.. which is weird..

I agree that something seems odd or off with this area... I know people have even asked for bulk editing.. but for the most part.. as to the use scenario for 'Edit Metadata'... It would seem like printed metadata - add-in - manually... where needed. and not something that gives EMBY the metadata to identify.. ( which is also a separate option.. ) This data is changed unless you lock the tags.. and/or can lock the tags..

I as a person using it, would assume differently, in a way.. and expect it to operate the same way as working with a tag editor.. yet this is for the server only and the media presentation - nothing else... You also have to watch for scheduled tasks to refresh and rescan your libraries as well to keep things as they are.. but this seems to follow suit regardless of media type.. Most useful when an item has no way of containing metadata... Like a STRM file for example.. Trouble downloading images comes down to the ability of the server to be able to use providers, send requests and receive that data back... and there are types that will not outside of something like STRM which is a playlist type..technically; in text format.. containing no information or code for identification.. WAV files.. older versions are that way.. for example and AVI files.. requiring all of the EDIT IMAGES and EDIT METADATA options..

Tags should look like this for informations to be used to aggregate roper data .. this gives the online databases enough NORMAL information to return a result.. as an example.. this is embedded not put into the server..

 

TAGSCANNER

05_09.2021_101925.jpg.f9f84b7730ef7795369e1199509f41b5.jpg

05_09.2021_101705.thumb.jpg.b9aad9beb5ce56d00e9eada2a13b09f4.jpg

 

As an example..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
5 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

Embedding your metadata with TagScanner or Picard first is really the best way to start.. problems with filling this information in from the internet, in addition to what is embedded... such as album and artists descriptions and images... seems to be a subjective thing.. for me I have terrible luck with regard to getting artists images, backdrops, and information responses back from Musicbrainz, AudioDB, and FanArt... so this can be a separate issue even when you have the correct information... Re-scan, Refresh and Replace... then it may work if you go in and do them one by one.. which is weird..

I agree that something seems odd or off with this area... I know people have even asked for bulk editing.. but for the most part.. as to the use scenario for 'Edit Metadata'... It would seem like printed metadata - add-in - manually... where needed. and not something that gives EMBY the metadata to identify.. ( which is also a separate option.. ) This data is changed unless you lock the tags.. and/or can lock the tags..

I as a person using it, would assume differently, in a way.. and expect it to operate the same way as working with a tag editor.. yet this is for the server only and the media presentation - nothing else... You also have to watch for scheduled tasks to refresh and rescan your libraries as well to keep things as they are.. but this seems to follow suit regardless of media type.. Most useful when an item has no way of containing metadata... Like a STRM file for example.. Trouble downloading images comes down to the ability of the server to be able to use providers, send requests and receive that data back... and there are types that will not outside of something like STRM which is a playlist type..technically; in text format.. containing no information or code for identification.. WAV files.. older versions are that way.. for example and AVI files.. requiring all of the EDIT IMAGES and EDIT METADATA options..

Tags should look like this for informations to be used to aggregate roper data .. this gives the online databases enough NORMAL information to return a result.. as an example.. this is embedded not put into the server..

 

TAGSCANNER

05_09.2021_101925.jpg.f9f84b7730ef7795369e1199509f41b5.jpg

05_09.2021_101705.thumb.jpg.b9aad9beb5ce56d00e9eada2a13b09f4.jpg

 

As an example..

Well given no luck with Emby I will have to try Kid3.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared

I've tagged the file with ID1 and v3 tags, still nothing.

Images don't fetch, info does not update, computer says no, what can I say .... 

Automation does not work somewhere there but since there are no logs that say anything useful I can't see where.

For now I have to tag and put images on manually on everything.

The devs here seem to be aware of some kind of problem but they don't want to admit it, otherwise they would ask for some useful troubleshooting info or more logs to diagnose the issue. Check the plugins are actually doing the fetching and lookups so they could prove me wrong.

But they don't which stinks to me really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

You did a scan of the file in question.. refresh, and last resort tried removing the file to a different location outside the Library path.. after it is removed from EMBY.. then putting it back and seeing how it shows up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, leifrodhared said:

I've tagged the file with ID1 and v3 tags, still nothing.

Images don't fetch, info does not update, computer says no, what can I say .... 

Automation does not work somewhere there but since there are no logs that say anything useful I can't see where.

For now I have to tag and put images on manually on everything.

The devs here seem to be aware of some kind of problem but they don't want to admit it, otherwise they would ask for some useful troubleshooting info or more logs to diagnose the issue. Check the plugins are actually doing the fetching and lookups so they could prove me wrong.

But they don't which stinks to me really.

In music library settings, what type of structure folder is selected? I have "Other or non structured", tags are read and links to metadata providers are created:

1070961176_Capturadepantalla2021-05-09alas17_49_39.thumb.png.29ab1176cc532ed959cbfa0a2bea3518.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
1 minute ago, Hxemby001 said:

You did a scan of the file in question.. refresh, and last resort tried removing the file to a different location outside the Library path.. after it is removed from EMBY.. then putting it back and seeing how it shows up?

Yep, I always do all the possible permutations of actions on a given problem. Sysadmin's creed ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
2 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

In music library settings, what type of structure folder is selected? I have "Other or non structured", tags are read and links to metadata providers are created:

1070961176_Capturadepantalla2021-05-09alas17_49_39.thumb.png.29ab1176cc532ed959cbfa0a2bea3518.png

 

It is "Other or non structured", the best bit is if I manually paste in MusicBrainz ID's , nothing is fetched. 

I can lock the file and refresh and it will be stripped by the system of the added manually info. No matter how I refresh.

When I re-add the whole library it's the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Just to verify.. Clicked on Library...'EDIT' and have these selected?.. Made sure in Fetcher Settings, that you have the wanted images selected? May have to zoom browser with images to see it..

EDIT LIBRARY

05_09.2021_105740.thumb.jpg.c33d06f57151e5b4a2f2430163634f4d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
1 minute ago, Hxemby001 said:

Just to verify.. Clicked on Library...'EDIT' and have these selected?.. Made sure in Fetcher Settings, that you have the wanted images selected? May have to zoom browser with images to see it..

EDIT LIBRARY

05_09.2021_105740.thumb.jpg.c33d06f57151e5b4a2f2430163634f4d.jpg

Yes the root folder has all the fetcher options ticked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
1 minute ago, leifrodhared said:

Yes the root folder has all the fetcher options ticked

Maybe a server log is useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
Posted (edited)

Removed

Edited by leifrodhared
Solved
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd uninstall Cover Art program to get rid of the noise it creates in the logs.

Move an album in question completely out of your library.  Do a full library scan.

While that scan is taking place, use Picard or your favorite mp3 tagging software to tag the album.
Upload a screen shot of the album with tags.

Once it looks correct we will have you move it back to the library and scan again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'd uninstall Cover Art program to get rid of the noise it creates in the logs.

Move an album in question completely out of your library.  Do a full library scan.

While that scan is taking place, use Picard or your favorite mp3 tagging software to tag the album.
Upload a screen shot of the album with tags.

Once it looks correct we will have you move it back to the library and scan again.

I did all that already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't recall seeing updated tags.  Can you show us what the tagging looks like on the problem album?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared

Picard has solved the tags and the issue.

Now they update and pull images.

Looks like tag version and encoding is the problem.

Emby can't read tags on linux other than in UTF-8 ?

Look like it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Yeah.. most of the reading I have done is support for UTF-8 related.. Most tagging programs do UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 or other.. some have options to change this..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leifrodhared
12 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

Yeah.. most of the reading I have done is support for UTF-8 related.. Most tagging programs do UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 or other.. some have options to change this..

I tried tagging with a different app and Emby would not read the tags.

It was actually seeing the artist info but not doing anything with it further until I have retagged everything with Picard.

Odd but at least it works now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If in doubt you can run ffprobe against any track you've modified which will show you what tags and info Emby will receive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Do you know what differences there are with the versions of FFPROBE and FFMPEG that are distributed with EMBY? versus the ones you install on the system from their site?

I know there are differences in their size..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite a lot of changes.

If you do what I mentioned earlier use the ffprobe included with Emby just to make sure.  If you happen to run Emby on a NAS but use a PC for daily activities you can download the Emby Server portable version for PC and then use the ffprobe in that version on the PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

The reason I asked is because.. I experimented with another issue and downloaded the 107 MB size files, renamed the originals and have been running for about a week with the ones from the site... without an issue... The problem I did this for didn't change...

I had planned to install these in my ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES or PATHS on my system and install them... Just not for sure how this would effect things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Don't do that. The version shipped with each server release is well tested for compatibility and substituting a generic version won't have the Emby added features needed by the server.

Edited by cayars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...